Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
17
18
26
... LastLast
  1. #301
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Suns played a weak schedule near the end. Blazers have been in hard fought battles throughout. They earned this more.

    Also: Dame > Booker

    Tight race right now against the Nets, but hopefully Blazers can still pull it off.
    Suns had one of the hardest schedules this year.
    Regardless blazers pulled it out. I don't hate the blazers though, it's not like that, I want to see them do well. I called sun's as the spoiler team to make playoffs beginning of this season, glad to see them right there with it.
    They'll be back next season (I wonder if it will be a Nov start?) They cleared up some space with the Warren move, they need to make a solid signing or two this off season.

    Also of course Dame is better than Book, Dame is 30 at the height of his powers, Book is ... 23 years old... and Lillard isn't that much better than him at this point. Mainly comes down to experience.

  2. #302
    Mind if I roll need? xskarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    25,808
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Suns had one of the hardest schedules this year.
    Regardless blazers pulled it out. I don't hate the blazers though, it's not like that, I want to see them do well. I called sun's as the spoiler team to make playoffs beginning of this season, glad to see them right there with it.
    They'll be back next season (I wonder if it will be a Nov start?) They cleared up some space with the Warren move, they need to make a solid signing or two this off season.

    Also of course Dame is better than Book, Dame is 30 at the height of his powers, Book is ... 23 years old... and Lillard isn't that much better than him at this point. Mainly comes down to experience.
    True true. I was kinda just getting my heckles up from what seemed to be the entire world rooting against the Blazers just cause hur dur Suns went 8-0, they should be in the playoffs.



    Looking forward to the actual playoffs. NBA has so far proven that they pulled this bubble thing off perfectly, now they need to show that it works long term i.e. for the next 2 months as the playoffs resolve. It's a long time to be away from family and loved ones.

    They can only bring in 1 guest and 1 small child to games, which if you have several kids is kinda cruel. These playoffs will test team chemistry and mental health of these athletes like nothing before. With some people wanting this season to have an asterisk, I'm like the opposite opinion, I think this will be the hardest championship that any team has ever gotten with the circumstances.

    Which is why I'm still fervently hoping that the Lakers don't win it, even though they probably should given individual talent level.

  3. #303
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    True true. I was kinda just getting my heckles up from what seemed to be the entire world rooting against the Blazers just cause hur dur Suns went 8-0, they should be in the playoffs.



    Looking forward to the actual playoffs. NBA has so far proven that they pulled this bubble thing off perfectly, now they need to show that it works long term i.e. for the next 2 months as the playoffs resolve. It's a long time to be away from family and loved ones.

    They can only bring in 1 guest and 1 small child to games, which if you have several kids is kinda cruel. These playoffs will test team chemistry and mental health of these athletes like nothing before. With some people wanting this season to have an asterisk, I'm like the opposite opinion, I think this will be the hardest championship that any team has ever gotten with the circumstances.

    Which is why I'm still fervently hoping that the Lakers don't win it, even though they probably should given individual talent level.
    I got you, i hate rooting against teams, as a long time athlete the worst "fans" are the ones that want to see you lose.

    I actually think the Blazers have a good chance to knock off the Lakers. Blazers biggest pieces are all perimeter players and outside of Caruso, Lakers don't have the strongest perimeter defense, they may get Rondo back but he's aging and "out of shape" who might not be up to the Blazers running him around.

    Lakers just don't look like they are playing well right now.

  4. #304
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    13,112
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I got you, i hate rooting against teams, as a long time athlete the worst "fans" are the ones that want to see you lose.

    I actually think the Blazers have a good chance to knock off the Lakers. Blazers biggest pieces are all perimeter players and outside of Caruso, Lakers don't have the strongest perimeter defense, they may get Rondo back but he's aging and "out of shape" who might not be up to the Blazers running him around.

    Lakers just don't look like they are playing well right now.
    The Lakers look old

  5. #305
    Mind if I roll need? xskarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    25,808
    Blazers look a size too big for the Grizz at the moment. Guess this won't do anything to silence people that wanted to see the Suns in the playoff game.

    Can't say they are wrong at the moment.

  6. #306
    Morant does not play like a rookie at all. Its hard to believe that he shoulders the kind of weight he does. He played 42 minutes... thats big, thats Allstar/franchise player minutes.

    I'm really looking forward to him getting better as a player.

  7. #307
    Mind if I roll need? xskarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    25,808
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Morant does not play like a rookie at all. Its hard to believe that he shoulders the kind of weight he does. He played 42 minutes... thats big, thats Allstar/franchise player minutes.

    I'm really looking forward to him getting better as a player.
    Yeah Grizz and Morant had a dud first quarter, but they came roaring back and I'm like 99% sure that if this same situation were to happen next year with Morant having a full second season to prepare for it, that he'd probably get the better of the Blazers. Morant's a baller that's going to be a star in the league for years to come. If he can develop a more consistent shot in the off season, then watch out next year.


    All of this is kind of a bummer for me, cause he singlehandedly made the Celtics Grizzlies pick near worthless. xD

    With the Grizz losing today it's in the Lottery at least, but there's like a 2,5% chance that it ends up inthe top 4, and we'd get an unprotected pick next year.

    Now, next year's pick is likely worse then 14th for the Celtics, but it would give us at least something next year instead of having 3 first round picks this year and nothing in 2021.

  8. #308
    Wow I just looked and this schedule is so accelerated. Kinda. 4 playoff games every single weekday.

    I guess they did 2-3 games for the first round of the playoffs before, but they were late at night. Now the games are spread out starting at 1:30 PM lol. A very welcome change, I can actually turn my TV on and watch a bit.

  9. #309
    Mind if I roll need? xskarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    25,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Wow I just looked and this schedule is so accelerated. Kinda. 4 playoff games every single weekday.

    I guess they did 2-3 games for the first round of the playoffs before, but they were late at night. Now the games are spread out starting at 1:30 PM lol. A very welcome change, I can actually turn my TV on and watch a bit.
    Benefit of having all the games in 1 place, with no travel for any team. No excuses to not have a game every 2 days.

  10. #310
    Moderator Crissi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    31,318
    RIP Mavs. They face the Clippers.

  11. #311
    I actually have a pretty big budget this year for sports events, ironically. I would have paid like $500 for a pair of tickets to see the shitty Nets get destroyed in a first round playoff game.

    But...Corona.

  12. #312
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    RIP Mavs. They face the Clippers.
    I wouldn't want to have to play the Mavs.

  13. #313
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I wouldn't want to have to play the Mavs.
    i wouldnt want to be one of the teams that passed on luka.

  14. #314
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    i wouldnt want to be one of the teams that passed on luka.
    He went third behind Suns and Kings. Suns didn't need another ball dominant guard but they needed a C and Ayton has been a quietly great player who has been improving. Kings took Marvin Bagley, who has also been a damn good player and the Kings were stacked at the guard position already. Luka went at a fine position at 3. It's not some great crime, we aren't talking about a Sam Bowie situation here. There wasn't another guard/sf take before him in the draft.

  15. #315
    Fluffy Kitten Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    18,986
    Mike Conley left the bubble for the birth of his child. No Bogey, no Conley, against the Nuggets. Jazz aren't making it past round one.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Third highest points by a player ever in a playoff game, lose by ten in overtime. Losing your best scorer and one of your lead guys will do that.

  16. #316
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Mike Conley left the bubble for the birth of his child. No Bogey, no Conley, against the Nuggets. Jazz aren't making it past round one.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Third highest points by a player ever in a playoff game, lose by ten in overtime. Losing your best scorer and one of your lead guys will do that.
    Not to mention Murray had at least 10 in OT, I can't find reliable scores to find the amount, but he went nuts in the 4th quarter and OT, willed Denver to a win.

    Raptors blowing out Nets, I honestly doubt the score would be different with Kyrie. That whole Kyrie vs DLo situation really show the difference between ISO and team play. The only team that sort of makes it work is the Rockets, and their ISO ball is built around Harden who might be the best offensive player in NBA history.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2020-08-17 at 10:37 PM.

  17. #317
    Mind if I roll need? xskarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    25,808
    That was a fun playoff game. Celtics the better team, but Philly fighting back and making the Celtics work for it. Going to be a fun series.

    - - - Updated - - -

    But, Hayward being out with a sprained ankle might give the Sixers a small advantage they didn't have. He's already in pain and got swelling so I don't think it's a minor injury. Hope he's okay somewhere in the near future though, cause we need Hayward if we want to make a run.

  18. #318
    NBA had to step in and eject KP on 2 weak technicals so clippers didn't lose.

    Really disappointing, I'm not saying we should go back to 80s Pistons, but this weak officiating is softer than a new born kitten.

    Outside of flagrants and fighting, there is absolutely no reason they should be ejecting players from playoff games.

  19. #319
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    NBA had to step in and eject KP on 2 weak technicals so clippers didn't lose.

    Really disappointing, I'm not saying we should go back to 80s Pistons, but this weak officiating is softer than a new born kitten.

    Outside of flagrants and fighting, there is absolutely no reason they should be ejecting players from playoff games.
    Hot take:

    It was really freaking stupid for Porzingis to even put himself in that situation. Gotta be more aware than that.

    And the hard and fast rules are not new. I was a Knicks fan in the 1990s, and the league suspended Patrick Ewing for a game because he walked off the bench during a fight. Not even towards the fight, just off the bench onto the court. Ewing was suspended for a (home) game 6 that the favored Knicks lost, and then they lost game 7 on the road. The NBA has spent the last 30 years working hard to change its image from the bad boys days, and these super strict rules about conflict are part of it.

    In the playoffs you have to know better.

  20. #320
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Hot take:

    It was really freaking stupid for Porzingis to even put himself in that situation. Gotta be more aware than that.

    And the hard and fast rules are not new. I was a Knicks fan in the 1990s, and the league suspended Patrick Ewing for a game because he walked off the bench during a fight. Not even towards the fight, just off the bench onto the court. Ewing was suspended for a (home) game 6 that the favored Knicks lost, and then they lost game 7 on the road. The NBA has spent the last 30 years working hard to change its image from the bad boys days, and these super strict rules about conflict are part of it.

    In the playoffs you have to know better.
    I remember the Ewing suspension, I majorly disagree with it too.

    Letting players get hot and emotional only makes for better play. I'm not saying let them fight, but suspending a guy for arguing, or stepping between 2 players like KP did is asinine. Give them the tech, give them the free-throw, hell if they get to 3 or more techs give the other team that many freethrows...

    There are many other ways to handle the situation.

    It looks like players are mad about last night too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •