Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I kinda took a nap and then woke up and prioritized watching South Park and Archer so I saw like 30 seconds of the game. And Lakers were crushing it lol...I didn't get to see why.

Heat just couldn't get anything going, or shots to drop. In the third quarter half their team was already up the court by the time one of their shots missed, just a sea of yellow jerseys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Lebron should just get like 10% royalties from every NBA transaction. He owns the NBA.

Heat just had a game where they shot 50% from the field, 40% from 3, 90% from the line (on 34 attempts!), only committed 9 turnovers... and lost comfortably.

Lakers had an offensive rating of 136 in yesterday's game. To put that in perspective, if your entire offense was just Steph Curry shooting 3s and hitting them at his career rate, with no turnovers, your ORating would be 126.
    Last edited by Scrod; 2020-10-03 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Heat just had a game where they shot 50% from the field, 40% from 3, 90% from the line (on 34 attempts!), only committed 9 turnovers... and lost comfortably.

Lakers had an offensive rating of 136 in yesterday's game. To put that in perspective, if your entire offense was just Steph Curry shooting 3s and hitting them at his career rate, with no turnovers, your ORating would be 126.
    The game was too late for me so I didn't watch. I literally had the game on and at like 9:05 PM I fell asleep on the couch while Jeff Van Gundy was talking. I woke up at like 1 AM and some nonsense was on, nothing to do with the NBA.

Is that offensive rating because the Heat's defense was bad, or is Lebron + AD a ballin' combo?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    The game was too late for me so I didn't watch. I literally had the game on and at like 9:05 PM I fell asleep on the couch while Jeff Van Gundy was talking. I woke up at like 1 AM and some nonsense was on, nothing to do with the NBA.

Is that offensive rating because the Heat's defense was bad, or is Lebron + AD a ballin' combo?
    They just don't match up at all. Lebron and AD just do whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post

Lakers pace of play is way higher than Heats. The shooting splits were "close" from last night for fg%, but lakers shot 35% vs 50% from 3, but that doesn't make much of a difference when total FG are 71 vs 97 in favor of Lakers. They even shot and made more 3s even though they were 15% behind the Heat.
    Big stat here, 6 Oreb vs 17 Orebs.

Its really coming down to amount of offensive possessions, and the only place I can see those possessions being lost is to shooting fouls. Even with 20 more trips to the line the Heat are struggling to make a meaningful defensive impact or impose their pace of play.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Lakers pace of play is way higher than Heats. The shooting splits were "close" from last night for fg%, but lakers shot 35% vs 50% from 3, but that doesn't make much of a difference when total FG are 71 vs 97 in favor of Lakers. They even shot and made more 3s even though they were 15% behind the Heat.
    Big stat here, 6 Oreb vs 17 Orebs.

Its really coming down to amount of offensive possessions, and the only place I can see those possessions being lost is to shooting fouls. Even with 20 more trips to the line the Heat are struggling to make a meaningful defensive impact or impose their pace of play.
    Yeah despite the Lakers shooting 35% from 3 to heat's 40%, Lakers had a higher EFG% because they took a lot more 3s. Then the offensive rebound gave them a ton of extra shots.

Has there been any word on whats happening to the 20-21 season? By my calendar we are a month away from opening tip.

Think they'll do a series of bubbles?

Jimmy Butler carried.

I took a nap at the start of the game but woke up to see the final two minutes. Miami actually kept it close but Lakers slightly pulled away.

They interviewed Lebron at the end and he kept saying the job isn't finished and they still need to stay in the right mentality to win. I think it's pretty much locked since LAL is up 3-1.

I took a nap at the start of the game but woke up to see the final two minutes. Miami actually kept it close but Lakers slightly pulled away.

They interviewed Lebron at the end and he kept saying the job isn't finished and they still need to stay in the right mentality to win. I think it's pretty much locked since LAL is up 3-1.
    Utah jazz, la clippers, gs warriors and Atlanta falcons mentality.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Assuming Lakers win, who gets the MVP? So far you have:

AD: 25.8, 9.3, 3.3, 1.0, 1.8
    LBJ: 27.8, 11.0, 8.5, .8. .8

AD with a .701 TS% is ridiculous, but he's really tailed off over the past two games after the Heat made adjustments and realized Jae Crowder wasn't gonna get it done, while LBJ's .630 isn't shabby either, and LBJ has been far more consistent - LBJ's worst point, rebound, assist numbers are 25 9 9, Davis is at 15 5 2. I think Lebron's rebound edge is a mirage as AD has 13 OREB to Lebron's 6, and Lebron likely gets a lot of defensive rebounds because teams in recent years have increasingly deferred to PGs to get the uncontested ones (same reason Westbrook always dominates DRebs). And of course, AD is the more threatening defensive player at this point in his career.

Overall I think AD is in the lead right now from the public's perspective - he's the new guy and those first two games made a huge impression - but I think it's very close because I think that people still don't really appreciate that Lebron is a de facto point guard and is doing all this while running the offense too. More than ever, he's playing like Magic out there. And AD had a real stinker in game 3. How does the 7 foot finals MVP, taller than everyone else on the court, end up with 5 rebounds and 9 shot attempts?

The thing that sways me to AD right now is Lebron has too many turnovers - 14 over the past two games - but I think if there's any significant separation between the two in the next game(s), that guy's got it.

I’ll be interested in the future if teams talk about fatigue in the bubble. Nuggets may have played 19 games but I suspect most of the fatigue comes from travel - flying, packing unpacking, time changes - than pure physical work.

Yeah Tonnus (or w/e your old name was), I think it's close enough that whoever does the best in game 5 will win the MVP. AD is a young superstar who is doing a lot, but a lot of this does fall on Lebron running plays.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I’ll be interested in the future if teams talk about fatigue in the bubble. Nuggets may have played 19 games but I suspect most of the fatigue comes from travel - flying, packing unpacking, time changes - than pure physical work.
    ? Do you think there will be less fatigue because they were in the bubble?

I agree that most teams are probably thinking it was easier to stay in the bubble and not have to worry about commuting everywhere and context switching, but I'm also sure they must have had some enjoyment travelling around the country with their millions of dollars in salary and would've had an experience most normal people wouldn't.

So it's like, yeah I'm sure the 2-3 months you played in the bubble was a nice change of pace from staying at home in your mansion during the pandemic, but under normal circumstances I'm sure staying in the same space for 8+ months would really suck compared to their usual travelling (if they could).

Good game. Looks totally exhausting.

I watched from the third quarter onward. The game was incredibly good. Jimmy Butler is a hero. Honestly Lebron James was carrying the Lakers, too.

Lakers choked a possession near the end, and Heat executed. Jimmy Butler drove and didn't miss his free throws. Heat deserved to win.

I don't blame Danny Green for missing a 3, it was a slightly weird play to go for (no need to make a 3 if you're only down by 1, but I guess it's easier to get a clear look from out on the 3 point line, which they did), but whoever that guy is choked when he rebounded it. Should've passed it to someone more competent.

Yeah idk if he was lobbing to AD or shoot the ball but it was a huge mistake... If he has the passing skill of Lebron, AD could've got the ball and scored.

I watched from the third quarter onward. The game was incredibly good. Jimmy Butler is a hero. Honestly Lebron James was carrying the Lakers, too.

Lakers choked a possession near the end, and Heat executed. Jimmy Butler drove and didn't miss his free throws. Heat deserved to win.

I don't blame Danny Green for missing a 3, it was a slightly weird play to go for (no need to make a 3 if you're only down by 1, but I guess it's easier to get a clear look from out on the 3 point line, which they did), but whoever that guy is choked when he rebounded it. Should've passed it to someone more competent.
    Can't blame Green for that one three, but he took 3 in the 4th quarter and all were badly short - one was an airball I believe. That's devastating.

And scorching hot take: The series hinges on Davis's health. Hopefully he's not hurt to badly, but if he is this could turn into a worse version of "Warriors without Durant" really fast. They say he hurt his heel/ankle, that's not an area you want to mess with.

James went off for 40 points and obviously had a ridiculous night, but in crunch time his increased physical limitations became obvious as he was largely taking super contested shots after he couldn't shake the primary defender. It was jarring to see Lebron James blocked in crunch time by Jimmy Butler, and also equally amazing that even with increased physical limitations he went off for 40.

Kuzma 3-10, Rondo 1-7, Caruso 1-3, Morris 0-2. That's 5-22, the Laker bench didn't bring much, and one of the starters (Howard) was 0-1. This team needs both Davis and Lebron to be extraordinary.

I'm also thinking about whether AD is risking a Warriors/Durant situation here, where everyone expects him to play because its the final and there's all this escalating rhetoric from everyone about how they'll sleep next week and they can't afford to be tired and this is it blah blah blah, and you end up with something really devastating that should have been avoidable.
    Last edited by Scrod; 2020-10-10 at 02:41 PM.

He still played for 42 minutes that game so I don’t think it’s KD level. Hopefully it’s better on Sunday.