Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Gordon Hayward to Charlotte on a 120 million dollar 4 year deal. Holy crap.

That's the second year in a row that the Celtics lose someone to free agency in a way that makes me go "At that price? sure. BYE."
    Charlotte is making some interesting moves, although the Hayward move is "interesting".
    Think they are banking on Melo being a transcendent player... good luck to them, as pro leagues go Aus NBL ranks somewhere below multiple Euro leagues and the CBA. But he ended strong there and he has the upside to be an NBA star.

PS, I think the Hayward issue is players association contract. The reason why he is paid so high was he was an allstar, and now he is an allstar veteran. You get paid out the ass for just being a league veteran (not to say being a journeyman veteran isn't a major role in the NBA, Fisher, Horry, Iguadala, D Green).

But 120m for a going on 30 Mr Glass seems frightening.

Granted, unless Melo winds up being an mvp level player and triggers the Rose rule, in Charlottes ideal timeline, they won't have to open the pocketbook for 4+ years anyway.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2020-11-22 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Charlotte is making some interesting moves, although the Hayward move is "interesting".
    Think they are banking on Melo being a transcendent player... good luck to them, as pro leagues go Aus NBL ranks somewhere below multiple Euro leagues and the CBA. But he ended strong there and he has the upside to be an NBA star.

PS, I think the Hayward issue is players association contract. The reason why he is paid so high was he was an allstar, and now he is an allstar veteran. You get paid out the ass for just being a league veteran (not to say being a journeyman veteran isn't a major role in the NBA, Fisher, Horry, Iguadala, D Green).

But 120m for a going on 30 Mr Glass seems frightening.

Granted, unless Melo winds up being an mvp level player and triggers the Rose rule, in Charlottes ideal timeline, they won't have to open the pocketbook for 4+ years anyway.
    You get paid out the ass by dumb teams like Charlotte. There's no reason for them to take this risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    You get paid out the ass by dumb teams like Charlotte. There's no reason for them to take this risk.
    Someone would have paid him, he isn't Tobias Harris or Al Horford amounts of overpaid. If he doesn't get injured and puts up solid SF numbers, he will be worth the contract. His skillset at his position is also highly desirable. His stats this past season weren't bad and considering he played pretty timidly on a completely stacked roster, he did well.
    Charlotte is just hoping he doesn't get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Someone would have paid him, he isn't Tobias Harris or Al Horford amounts of overpaid. If he doesn't get injured and puts up solid SF numbers, he will be worth the contract. His skillset at his position is also highly desirable. His stats this past season weren't bad and considering he played pretty timidly on a completely stacked roster, he did well.
    Charlotte is just hoping he doesn't get hurt.
    It's not a bad risk if your team is a contender, but there's no reason for Charlotte to do this.

9% of NBA players tested positive for Covid last week. That's a huge number.

Last week? Before thanksgiving? Lol.

I told you, these rich NBA players who get to travel a lot are definitely not going to be cautious. It's interesting cause I guess the season is going to start soon.

Wall for Westbrook... whatever. Two guys who can't shoot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Last week? Before thanksgiving? Lol.

I told you, these rich NBA players who get to travel a lot are definitely not going to be cautious. It's interesting cause I guess the season is going to start soon.
    24th to 30th... the article says that it is below the national test rate of 10%, which is utterly misleading because the NBA is testing everyone, not just those who sign up for a test (which will naturally include more sick people).

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Wall for Westbrook... whatever. Two guys who can't shoot.
    Still a humongous trade for those teams though xD

Both get out of an albatross contract with players that were at least somewhat disgruntled about being where they were...only to take on a different albatross contract.

It's a bonkers deal, one I would have never expected.

Still a humongous trade for those teams though xD

Both get out of an albatross contract with players that were at least somewhat disgruntled about being where they were...only to take on a different albatross contract.

It's a bonkers deal, one I would have never expected.
    I mean, it also likely makes Houston slightly worse and Washington slightly better - meaning neither team is going to be relevant, and all their best players have a lot of miles on them. Not something that's going to change the shape of the league, except basically ensuring that Houston won't rebound this year.

So like. Are fans being allowed in the arenas? We're 1 week away from preseason.

First official game starts Dec 22. NBA released the schedule for the first half of the season. First game is GSW @ BKN.

Maybe I'll be able to root for a team this season (since Knicks/Nets were horrible past years)...

Is Durant healthy yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Is Durant healthy yet?
    I question whether he'll ever play the same as he used to. ACL injuries take a long time to come back from and most athletes don't perform at near the level they used to.

Omg NBA preseason started?! I thought for sure they'd delay it because of no bubble.

Giannis signs the fattest contract in league history. Good on the Bucks for managing to keep him in Milwaukee.

Giannis signs the fattest contract in league history. Good on the Bucks for managing to keep him in Milwaukee.
    IN a related story, ESPN's Stephen A Smith was put on suicide watch after the announcement and grief counselors have been brought into ESPN HQ for the dozens of commentators livid at the news. No truth to the rumor that Adam Silver is now firing people in his league office for failing to get Giannis out of Milwaukee and into a bigger market.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Man shoutouts to the Lakers fans that honestly thought they were going to land Giannis.

It was always Milwaukee or Dallas.
    Legion made WoD's mistakes into traditions. It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.
    Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

The Celtics do not look ready to play in the regular season, and on top of that have injuries to deal with, so they HAVE to play players that are either not good enough or not experienced enough in meaningful minutes during the game.

Going to be a rought opening few weeks I think.

I haven't been paying attention, is ANYONE in playing form? Seems like everyone is still in mid-break mode, with some openly not taking it seriously yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

I mean. It's preseason lol. These games don't matter. At all.