Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    If the Jazz did anything well tonight, it would have been a blowout. Lots of fouls. Tons of turnovers. Terrible shooting. Gobert of all people the best free throw shooter. The fact that it turned into a win is miraculous.On that note though, Bogdanovich is the new bitch in town. Dude continues to wreck everything. And Mike Conley, he...well...he exists...

Jaylen Brown went through shootaround, started feeling poorly, and then got ruled out of today's game by the doctors with Illness.

He was going to be the main guy defending Giannis, so that's likely going to suck. Not to mention he's one of 3 main scorers missing in a game where every point is going to count.

Feels good that your 2 stars can play like booty but the bench carries you to a win. 9 players with over 10 points

Holy shit that was a satisfying win. Last year's Celtics would have gone down 20 to the Bucks and never recovered and Kyrie would have made passive aggressive comments about the young guys after the game.

This team put it's head down, started defending better, and turned that energy into buckets. Awesome win.

Holy fuck that Houston win. 159 points in regulation. And they only won by one.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Came to post about this, dude said in postgame interview about how the team pulled out the win, "it starts with our defense"

Galaxy brain.

Only five players in double digits, but I'll take 29 from Conley and 24 from Donovan.

I’m very hopeful about this Harden/Westbrook partnership’s ability to ruin my two least favorite players.

Westbrook brings inconsistent defense, inefficient scoring, and a huge contract. He’s my next bet to win the Carmelo Anthony/Allen Iverson award for going from All Star to unemployable at a young age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I’m very hopeful about this Harden/Westbrook partnership’s ability to ruin my two least favorite players.

Westbrook brings inconsistent defense, inefficient scoring, and a huge contract. He’s my next bet to win the Carmelo Anthony/Allen Iverson award for going from All Star to unemployable at a young age.
    Not sure 30's is considered young in the NBA. It's 4 years past the average age already.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

Not sure 30's is considered young in the NBA. It's 4 years past the average age already.
    True true, I just kinda mean falling off a cliff with no obvious injury or anything. Usually happens to low efficiency high volume scorers. Only real exception is Kobe who was hanging on until his catastrophic injury.

- - - Updated - - -

One other random thought: Lakers are basically one Lebron injury from utter catastrophe. They basically trade me 2-3 future firsts to the Pelicans, and AD is a free agent at the end of the year. Even if he doesn’t get injured he could still bail and leave Lebron old and alone.
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

That was one hell of a game for Gordon Hayward. Ties regular season mark for points scored. Celtics beat Cavs. LOT of run for the bench units it felt like.

I actually kind of love it that Kawhi's like, fuck it, I'm playing when I feel like it. There's no reason for pretty much any player to play a back to back. If your team is good enough to win the championship, they'll make the playoffs with you skipping a bunch of games. If they're not, why bother?

I'm totally in favor of the players taking their health in their own hands when they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I actually kind of love it that Kawhi's like, fuck it, I'm playing when I feel like it. There's no reason for pretty much any player to play a back to back. If your team is good enough to win the championship, they'll make the playoffs with you skipping a bunch of games. If they're not, why bother?

I'm totally in favor of the players taking their health in their own hands when they can.
    I think my favorite part has been the hilarious overreaction from ESPN. Last week it happened on a game they carried and they sent out Rachel Nichols to throw a fit. This time they went all in and dedicated an absurd amount of air time to it all day. Evidently Doris Burke, in addition to her role as an awful, awful commentator, is also a doctor that knows better than Kawhi and the Clippers medical team.

They play the Rockets in Houston next Wednesday on the first of another back to back. And ESPN has that game again. I hope, hope, hope he sits that one. Question is, how would they cover it if he sits the next night instead when they don’t have a standing interest in the game?

You aren't getting jingled anymore, you're getting Bojangled

Fuuuuuuuuuu Gordon Hayward fractured his hand. Getting opinions on Monday about Surgery or whatever, won't know severity and how long he's out till then.

Such a fucking shame, cause he was on FIRE the last few games.

Forgot to comment on the game yesterday as I wanted to get to bed swiftly. Good game against a quality Mavericks team. Kemba coming through clutch yet again.

Hayward is out some 6 weeks with a fractured hand that he was operated on last evening. Hopefully we can keep playing like we did yesterday and keep rolling till he's back.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    I think my favorite part has been the hilarious overreaction from ESPN. Last week it happened on a game they carried and they sent out Rachel Nichols to throw a fit. This time they went all in and dedicated an absurd amount of air time to it all day. Evidently Doris Burke, in addition to her role as an awful, awful commentator, is also a doctor that knows better than Kawhi and the Clippers medical team.

They play the Rockets in Houston next Wednesday on the first of another back to back. And ESPN has that game again. I hope, hope, hope he sits that one. Question is, how would they cover it if he sits the next night instead when they don’t have a standing interest in the game?
    Old guard aren't happy about "load management".

I can see where they are coming from, but I also think we've taken a pretty big leap in the science of athletics in the past couple of years and it all comes at the expense of player health for higher performance.

Melo is back, still has the single smoothest jump shot in the league. Still can make a longer highlight video of all the open looks he gives up on defense.

I've never seen a single player be so damn lackadaisical on defense. It's not like no one is telling him, it's known. He puts in effort on one side of the floor, but not the other...

Like.... wtf... I could see if he was giving up looks if he was hedging or being overly aggressive in passing lanes, but no the guy is just watching, standing around and watching.

Does he even want to be in the NBA?
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; Today at 03:30 AM.