Page 9 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jazz have been on fire and I'm super glad that Conley's return went well.

There's been a lot of talk about Donovan and Gobert for the ASG and while I think both deserve it, ESPECIALLY Rudy, it's probably only going to be one of them if either gets in at all. And it would be Donovan.

Gobert is the best player on the Jazz. Period. His mere presence on the floor forces many teams out of the paint. But this kind of thing isn't measured with statistics or numbers. The ASG is for fans, and unfortunately as a result has become all about how flashy you are.

Gobert gets shit done, but he isn't flashy.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been the most fun I've had watching basketball. Ever. I admit it's far from my favorite sport, and I do tend to only watch exciting teams like the Warriors when they were unstoppable. But man. Every player on the Jazz is a star to me right now. Rudy is unstoppable at the rim, Royce is an amazing perimeter defender. Jingle has been down the past couple games in terms of points, but him starting always makes the team better. Bogey is accurate as hell from deep. Jordan Clarkson can score a ton when he wants, making the bench so much better. And if you made every quarter the fourth quarter, Donovan would be the highest scoring player ever.

Well at least you Utah fans are happy. *takes a drink* Nets fucking suck and Knicks are obviously trash.

It's kind of hard for me to even find games to watch because there aren't other super great teams, I think?? Just ALL and MIL? Idk, maybe that'll change after football season ends and especially after All Star weekend.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Well at least you Utah fans are happy. *takes a drink* Nets fucking suck and Knicks are obviously trash.

It's kind of hard for me to even find games to watch because there aren't other super great teams, I think?? Just ALL and MIL? Idk, maybe that'll change after football season ends and especially after All Star weekend.
    Hey, New York has to be irrelevant in at least one major sport.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just gonna leave this here:

We should have lost this game but Rudy made sure we stayed in it. Bless his beautiful French heart.

- - - Updated - - -

Kobe Bryant is gone........

Dunno how to feel right now. Time to hit the bar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit. Kobe Bryant apparently died in a helicopter crash outside LA.

Woj tweeted it. https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1221521133608079368

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck helicopters man. They're stupidly dangerous and dont have the same ability to glide if something goes wrong as planes do.

Im still in shock

This sucks, I really hope his wife and daughter weren't with him.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    This sucks, I really hope his wife and daughter weren't with him.
    TMZ confirmed Vanessa wasn't. Think it would've been reported already if kids were with him.

And...my younger sister told me all 4 of his kids were with him. That would equal 5 victims reported dead per CA Sheriff's department.

Still Developing.....

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt believe anything besides Kobe dying atm really. Youve got people saying his kids were with him and people saying they werent. So...lots of conflicting info.

but man, i remember in 2004 (or maybe it was 2003? I know it was one of the years I was in HS) going to a mavs - Lakers game and seeing Kobe play. That memory is gonna become dear to me now.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was friends and colleagues, book it.

One of his kids is a newborn...why would he put her in a chopper?

5 victims reported dead. Fair to assume Kobe and whoever the pilor was so that makes 2...mathematically impossible for his 4 kids to be with him.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man it takes me back to High School when even if you didn't know Basketball you knew what a "Kobe!" was.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    TMZ confirmed Vanessa wasn't. Think it would've been reported already if kids were with him.

And...my younger sister told me all 4 of his kids were with him. That would equal 5 victims reported dead per CA Sheriff's department.

Still Developing.....
    It's unfortunately being reported Gigi Bryant was with him. I can't even imagine...

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome road win for the Celtics. Miami a tough out at home usually. Grant Williams playing a great game, doing all the little things right. I think he can be Smart 2.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Gobert and Donovan both made it in to the all-star team. Suns fans are pissed. Meanwhile, Jazz lost two in a row, and are at Denver tonight in a back to back. Looking at a good chance for three.Spurs couldn't miss last night, and I guess the Rockets just don't need harden or Westbrook.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tatum made the All-Star team as a reserve and Celtics looked pretty decent in a win against the Warriors AND we got extended time for the bench players including 1st round pick Romeo Langford.

All in all a good night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure wtf was wrong with the Sixers tonight (or maybe in general?) but a 20 point win for the Celtics despite not having Kemba, is definitely a good vibe. Even got some Tacko Time in!

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Not sure wtf was wrong with the Sixers tonight (or maybe in general?) but a 20 point win for the Celtics despite not having Kemba, is definitely a good vibe. Even got some Tacko Time in!
    Sixers are in a bad spot, they lost too much in the offseason, and what they added hasn't jelled, except maybe Richardson and Thybulle. Horford is essentially Embid when he is being lazy and only shooting 3s, which is less of what the 76ers need.
    Really they need to decide who's team this is, Embid or Simmons. If it's Embid, trade Simmons to a team that will use him (DLo for Simmons would have been brilliant for both teams) and if its Simmons they want, trade Embid for 2 or 3 shooters/role players... off my head the Suns for Booker/Baynes/Saric/Oubre (2 or 3 depending on who).

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    The issues with the team are probably known (mentioned above), but this one is pretty simple--it was a road game.

On the road, the Sixers are Hawks/Cavs/Knicks tier. At home they're the Bucks. They're 22-2 at home and 9-17 on the road.

They've beaten the Celtics (twice), Bucks, Lakers, Raptors, Heat, and more at home. And lose to teams like the Nets, Hawks and Suns on the road. Even when they win on the road, it's a nailbiter. Who the hell knows what goes on with them anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had to work so I didn't get to watch, but Dame is still my favorite player to watch outside Utah. And with four losses in a row, it's starting to look like another 5-ish seed.