Page 13 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wizards had half the team opt out. They wanted to be anywhere but here. No surprise they lost.

Suns on the other hand, they are knocking on the door. 6 straight wins and still undefeated and next up for them is the hobbled Sixers. They can make some noise if they remain undefeated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jazz down the last two games, playing without starters, or limited time. Anything to avoid Houston.

Suns went 8-0 in the bubble. I hate being the dude rooting against teams to lose, especially considering I like the Blazers, but I need them to lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Suns went 8-0 in the bubble. I hate being the dude rooting against teams to lose, especially considering I like the Blazers, but I need them to lose.
    Suns played a weak schedule near the end. Blazers have been in hard fought battles throughout. They earned this more.

Also: Dame > Booker

Tight race right now against the Nets, but hopefully Blazers can still pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Suns played a weak schedule near the end. Blazers have been in hard fought battles throughout. They earned this more.

Also: Dame > Booker

Tight race right now against the Nets, but hopefully Blazers can still pull it off.
    Suns had one of the hardest schedules this year.
    Regardless blazers pulled it out. I don't hate the blazers though, it's not like that, I want to see them do well. I called sun's as the spoiler team to make playoffs beginning of this season, glad to see them right there with it.
    They'll be back next season (I wonder if it will be a Nov start?) They cleared up some space with the Warren move, they need to make a solid signing or two this off season.

Also of course Dame is better than Book, Dame is 30 at the height of his powers, Book is ... 23 years old... and Lillard isn't that much better than him at this point. Mainly comes down to experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suns had one of the hardest schedules this year.
    Regardless blazers pulled it out. I don't hate the blazers though, it's not like that, I want to see them do well. I called sun's as the spoiler team to make playoffs beginning of this season, glad to see them right there with it.
    They'll be back next season (I wonder if it will be a Nov start?) They cleared up some space with the Warren move, they need to make a solid signing or two this off season.

Also of course Dame is better than Book, Dame is 30 at the height of his powers, Book is ... 23 years old... and Lillard isn't that much better than him at this point. Mainly comes down to experience.
    True true. I was kinda just getting my heckles up from what seemed to be the entire world rooting against the Blazers just cause hur dur Suns went 8-0, they should be in the playoffs.

Looking forward to the actual playoffs. NBA has so far proven that they pulled this bubble thing off perfectly, now they need to show that it works long term i.e. for the next 2 months as the playoffs resolve. It's a long time to be away from family and loved ones.

They can only bring in 1 guest and 1 small child to games, which if you have several kids is kinda cruel. These playoffs will test team chemistry and mental health of these athletes like nothing before. With some people wanting this season to have an asterisk, I'm like the opposite opinion, I think this will be the hardest championship that any team has ever gotten with the circumstances.

Which is why I'm still fervently hoping that the Lakers don't win it, even though they probably should given individual talent level.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    True true. I was kinda just getting my heckles up from what seemed to be the entire world rooting against the Blazers just cause hur dur Suns went 8-0, they should be in the playoffs.

Looking forward to the actual playoffs. NBA has so far proven that they pulled this bubble thing off perfectly, now they need to show that it works long term i.e. for the next 2 months as the playoffs resolve. It's a long time to be away from family and loved ones.

They can only bring in 1 guest and 1 small child to games, which if you have several kids is kinda cruel. These playoffs will test team chemistry and mental health of these athletes like nothing before. With some people wanting this season to have an asterisk, I'm like the opposite opinion, I think this will be the hardest championship that any team has ever gotten with the circumstances.

Which is why I'm still fervently hoping that the Lakers don't win it, even though they probably should given individual talent level.
    I got you, i hate rooting against teams, as a long time athlete the worst "fans" are the ones that want to see you lose.

I actually think the Blazers have a good chance to knock off the Lakers. Blazers biggest pieces are all perimeter players and outside of Caruso, Lakers don't have the strongest perimeter defense, they may get Rondo back but he's aging and "out of shape" who might not be up to the Blazers running him around.

Lakers just don't look like they are playing well right now.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got you, i hate rooting against teams, as a long time athlete the worst "fans" are the ones that want to see you lose.

I actually think the Blazers have a good chance to knock off the Lakers. Blazers biggest pieces are all perimeter players and outside of Caruso, Lakers don't have the strongest perimeter defense, they may get Rondo back but he's aging and "out of shape" who might not be up to the Blazers running him around.

Lakers just don't look like they are playing well right now.
    The Lakers look old

10+ Year Old Account
    Blazers look a size too big for the Grizz at the moment. Guess this won't do anything to silence people that wanted to see the Suns in the playoff game.

Can't say they are wrong at the moment.

Morant does not play like a rookie at all. Its hard to believe that he shoulders the kind of weight he does. He played 42 minutes... thats big, thats Allstar/franchise player minutes.

I'm really looking forward to him getting better as a player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Morant does not play like a rookie at all. Its hard to believe that he shoulders the kind of weight he does. He played 42 minutes... thats big, thats Allstar/franchise player minutes.

I'm really looking forward to him getting better as a player.
    Yeah Grizz and Morant had a dud first quarter, but they came roaring back and I'm like 99% sure that if this same situation were to happen next year with Morant having a full second season to prepare for it, that he'd probably get the better of the Blazers. Morant's a baller that's going to be a star in the league for years to come. If he can develop a more consistent shot in the off season, then watch out next year.

All of this is kind of a bummer for me, cause he singlehandedly made the Celtics Grizzlies pick near worthless. xD

With the Grizz losing today it's in the Lottery at least, but there's like a 2,5% chance that it ends up inthe top 4, and we'd get an unprotected pick next year.

Now, next year's pick is likely worse then 14th for the Celtics, but it would give us at least something next year instead of having 3 first round picks this year and nothing in 2021.

Wow I just looked and this schedule is so accelerated. Kinda. 4 playoff games every single weekday.

I guess they did 2-3 games for the first round of the playoffs before, but they were late at night. Now the games are spread out starting at 1:30 PM lol. A very welcome change, I can actually turn my TV on and watch a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Wow I just looked and this schedule is so accelerated. Kinda. 4 playoff games every single weekday.

I guess they did 2-3 games for the first round of the playoffs before, but they were late at night. Now the games are spread out starting at 1:30 PM lol. A very welcome change, I can actually turn my TV on and watch a bit.
    Benefit of having all the games in 1 place, with no travel for any team. No excuses to not have a game every 2 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP Mavs. They face the Clippers.

I actually have a pretty big budget this year for sports events, ironically. I would have paid like $500 for a pair of tickets to see the shitty Nets get destroyed in a first round playoff game.

But...Corona.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    RIP Mavs. They face the Clippers.
    I wouldn't want to have to play the Mavs.

I wouldn't want to have to play the Mavs.
    i wouldnt want to be one of the teams that passed on luka.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    i wouldnt want to be one of the teams that passed on luka.
    He went third behind Suns and Kings. Suns didn't need another ball dominant guard but they needed a C and Ayton has been a quietly great player who has been improving. Kings took Marvin Bagley, who has also been a damn good player and the Kings were stacked at the guard position already. Luka went at a fine position at 3. It's not some great crime, we aren't talking about a Sam Bowie situation here. There wasn't another guard/sf take before him in the draft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mike Conley left the bubble for the birth of his child. No Bogey, no Conley, against the Nuggets. Jazz aren't making it past round one.

- - - Updated - - -

Third highest points by a player ever in a playoff game, lose by ten in overtime. Losing your best scorer and one of your lead guys will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Mike Conley left the bubble for the birth of his child. No Bogey, no Conley, against the Nuggets. Jazz aren't making it past round one.

- - - Updated - - -

Third highest points by a player ever in a playoff game, lose by ten in overtime. Losing your best scorer and one of your lead guys will do that.
    Not to mention Murray had at least 10 in OT, I can't find reliable scores to find the amount, but he went nuts in the 4th quarter and OT, willed Denver to a win.

Raptors blowing out Nets, I honestly doubt the score would be different with Kyrie. That whole Kyrie vs DLo situation really show the difference between ISO and team play. The only team that sort of makes it work is the Rockets, and their ISO ball is built around Harden who might be the best offensive player in NBA history.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2020-08-17 at 10:37 PM.