Page 19 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I’ve seen more alley oops this game than a weekend highlight reel.

- - - Updated - - -

Lakers need to step on the nuggets neck. Up 20 with 8 left isn’t good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Crazy final shot. Davis seems like he's having the most fun of his career opposite Lebron.

Kinda shady they went for 3s when down by 1, seem incapable of driving down the middle.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Tonight MIA goes back to the Finals...with a completely different roster than the one from 6 years ago. The balance of teams in this league is crazy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Heat could be the second lowest seed to win a championship, behind the sixth seed rockets. Though the rockets were the defending champs and just had a sloppy reg season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Miami Heat - Boston Celtics 2020 series:

Games I watched: 3 Miami Heat wins.

Games I could not watch: 2 Boston Celtics wins.

Guess I'm just going to continue not watching :P

- - - Updated - - -

It took like 4 hours, but I just realized that you can make this work for the entire 2020 season. I missed the 2 games they played in the regular season, both of which the Celtics won and I watched the one in the bubble before the playoffs, which they lost.

I'm not superstitious, but that's amazing coincedence to have that hold true across 8 games and like 10 months.

Boston survived. Miami's not looking bad, I think they'll finish it in game 6. But who knows.

I'm rooting for LAL to close this out tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I'm actually trying to buy some Nikes. I'm jelly, I just read that all NBA players basically have contracts and get custom fit sneakers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Could get some New Balance.
    Yeahhh I actually already have like 3 New Balances lol. I wanted to buy some more or some Adidas but I wasn't finding any that were really stylish.

I went to the Nike store today and picked up a couple of sneakers, but they're not too colorful.

These are actually Kyries and they cost $31.49:

I also got this one for $34.99 (no special player name):

Actually, the Jordans I saw looked alright but they didn't have my size. Same thing for a few Lebrons. Actually, the most colorful sneakers I saw are some KDs but they look a little weird lol...

I guess I didn't realize it but there are really only a handful of basketball players with sneakers on sale (with Nike at least). Lebron, KD, Kyrie, and Paul George (somehow). It's weird because like, not all of their sneakers even look THAT cool. The Kyries I got have a decent design but they're still somewhat basic.

/consumerism over

Well. I guess I bought a jersey once in like 2013 but I'd never buy one again, seems pointless. Sneakers are a good use-case for wearing a lot, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    If I'm the Lakers I'm doing everything I can to convince the team to play like it's game 7. plaster those 3-1 standings from the previous 2 series all over the rooms. It's hard to mentally overcome that feeling that you can relax but the Nuggets have shown resilience twice in a row.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I'm not superstitious, but
    this is how it starts.

If I'm the Lakers I'm doing everything I can to convince the team to play like it's game 7. plaster those 3-1 standings from the previous 2 series all over the rooms. It's hard to mentally overcome that feeling that you can relax but the Nuggets have shown resilience twice in a row.

- - - Updated - - -

this is how it starts.
    Nuggets have Lakers exactly where they want them.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is how it starts.
    Well, next game is tomorrow we will see what happens cause I not sure I can watch the whole game. Depends on how rough my day is, cause starts at 1:30am my time and probably lasts till near 4 am. It will probably be a tense game which would mean no sleep till 6 am and a fucked up sleep schedule.

I might choose the middle road and watch on Monday when I wake up without looking at the score. I wouldn't be watching in real time, while still getting the real time emotions while watching on Monday.

We shall see.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rondo must have tons of offensive fouls cause he's too small to get away with them, he really has to extend to push off.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Nuggets have Lakers exactly where they want them.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2020-09-27 at 02:17 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Silly flagrant call. He bumped him for what looked like trying to get position if he needed the rebound. MAYBE a foul, mostly cause he fell down so it looked bad, but it was pretty ticky tack.

- - - Updated - - -

These sure are some calls by the refs in the second half.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I swear, whatever else you think about how good Lebron is - dude NEVER has a stinker. He’s always always a factor. 16/7/6 at halftime.
    Stats are really weird to me sometimes. I think it was last game, actually watching it I saw Lebron carrying the team in the fourth, then after the game I saw the stats and he looked weak, and anthony davis had like 35, half of which were free throws. Lebron has overall looked like he's regressing, but actually watching the games he's dictating everyone around him and finding guys.

God Lebron finishes the game with 38/16/10 to get back to the Finals. 9th Finals in 10 years. Pretty goddamn gangster. And people said the West was too competitive and Lebron wouldn't be back. I guess it really helped that the Clippers choked, to be honest, and that GSW is still injured.

I'm not gonna lie, tonight was the first time I really even partially watched a Lakers game and I forgot Dwight Howard was on the team.

Can't believe Nuggets blew a 1-3 lead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Can't believe Nuggets blew a 1-3 lead.
    Inconceivable!

God Lebron finishes the game with 38/16/10 to get back to the Finals. 9th Finals in 10 years. Pretty goddamn gangster. And people said the West was too competitive and Lebron wouldn't be back. I guess it really helped that the Clippers choked, to be honest, and that GSW is still injured.

I'm not gonna lie, tonight was the first time I really even partially watched a Lakers game and I forgot Dwight Howard was on the team.
    Even with GS healthy and the Clippers still in it, LeBron was likely to make the finals, it would have just taken a game or 2 more. I don't want to say GS is done, they'll still be a good team, but with Durant gone, Green completely fallen off, a lot of their veteran set pieces gone, they just won't be near where they need to be to be a threat. Clippers, have a shit ton of work to do, they are less of a team and coming apart at the seems daily, and they need a real PG/Playmaker. Next year will be a different story, Jazz, Nuggets, and Mavericks are going to be even more hungry and definitely looking to improve their teams in big ways this off-season. And the Suns are probably going to be in a position to bump out a team from the post season. And much like the Mavs, the Suns are probably a team you don't want to face in the first round considering they'll have another year on Ayton, another year on Book, and that whole dynamic with a Rubio run offense was new to that year. They'll be looking to make trades and make it ugly.

I'm partially watching the game. It blew my mind how many random 3s these teams are taking.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm partially watching the game. It blew my mind how many random 3s these teams are taking.
    Modern nba.

This is an exciting game. The score is really close.

- - - Updated - - -

Boston really ducked up. Heat got some good points near the basket and got up 10, and Boston played hero ball and literally the past five possessions have been random 3s.

15+ Year Old Account
    When I joined heat had just went up 8, quickly turned into 17.

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride for this Celtics team in the past few years.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Boston is poorly coached. Brad Stevens is okay but if that was Pop, there would've been way more solid plays and egos would've been put in check. No random 3s to try to come back from being down like 7 with 5 minute left.