Page 23 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Is Durant healthy yet?
    I question whether he'll ever play the same as he used to. ACL injuries take a long time to come back from and most athletes don't perform at near the level they used to.

Omg NBA preseason started?! I thought for sure they'd delay it because of no bubble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Giannis signs the fattest contract in league history. Good on the Bucks for managing to keep him in Milwaukee.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Giannis signs the fattest contract in league history. Good on the Bucks for managing to keep him in Milwaukee.
    IN a related story, ESPN's Stephen A Smith was put on suicide watch after the announcement and grief counselors have been brought into ESPN HQ for the dozens of commentators livid at the news. No truth to the rumor that Adam Silver is now firing people in his league office for failing to get Giannis out of Milwaukee and into a bigger market.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man shoutouts to the Lakers fans that honestly thought they were going to land Giannis.

It was always Milwaukee or Dallas.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    The Celtics do not look ready to play in the regular season, and on top of that have injuries to deal with, so they HAVE to play players that are either not good enough or not experienced enough in meaningful minutes during the game.

Going to be a rought opening few weeks I think.

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been paying attention, is ANYONE in playing form? Seems like everyone is still in mid-break mode, with some openly not taking it seriously yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

I mean. It's preseason lol. These games don't matter. At all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that was a butt clencher, but the plucky shorthanded Celtics pull out the win against the Bucks.

Fantastic start to the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't know Derrick Favors was back. A sufficient pounding in the first game, Utah being healthy can have a dangerous roster as long as all those three's hit.

Well that was a butt clencher, but the plucky shorthanded Celtics pull out the win against the Bucks.

Fantastic start to the season.
    I sort of think Bucks might be falling to 4th seed this year, maybe; they are going to get their regular season wins, but the east will be tough on them. Give me a week or 2 of games and I'd make calls, but I want to say the Nets and Celtics will be jostling for first and second, and the heat and Bucks will be fighting for 3rd and whoever loses the least amount of games to teams like the 76ers or Raptors will be taking that 3rd spot. And when it comes to close games, I'm not sold on Giannis, having Jrue and Middleton will help though. Its a tough call, I just don't think Bucks have much more than a starting 5. Really thats more of a 4.

Damn yo. I watched some of the Milwaukee-GSW and Nets-BOS game. I missed where they became blowouts though.

The one year a NY team is good is when I can't go see games live.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Damn yo. I watched some of the Milwaukee-GSW and Nets-BOS game. I missed where they became blowouts though.

The one year a NY team is good is when I can't go see games live.
    3rd quarter on the nets game, KD had 20 ish and Kyrie like 15, same story next quarter just reversed numbers. Outscored Celtics 72 to 41 in 3rd and 4th. Celts just weren't making buckets.

Kyrie looks to be in game shape, too bad he is dumb as a stump.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I live near New York, but if James Harden goes to the same team Kyrie is on, yeah that's who I'm rooting against. 2 of the 3 biggest assholes in the league (Westbrook being the 3rd).

I like KD and I'm glad to see him doing well, but Kyrie is just... ugh. God I hate him.
    Harden is definitely an asshole, both on and off court (at least team wise), but the other guys you think too?

Kyrie is eccentric, and he also constantly seems distant, which makes him hard to like. I think a big positive of Russ is he wears his heart on his sleeve, it makes him relatable, you know exactly who he is. Kyrie feels like he would be a recluse if it weren't for his basketball ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    AFter a great first game to the season, the Celtics dropped a game against the Nets, while playing like ass for most of the second half, and now drop an away game to the Pacers, who were down Oladipo. That's honestly not supposed to happen, even on the road.

Celtics need to rebound from this loss quickly cause Tuesday is the next game, again, away at the Pacers.

They should have had this one though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Bucks broke the record for most threes made in a game with 29, while TNT cut away from the game to show the next game's practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Split the series with the fucking Pistons and making them look like an offensive juggernaut. Celtics defense has been atrocious. At least we won this one tonight, but it really should not have been this close.

New season, same inconsistent Celtics, playing down to competition on bad nights.

- - - Updated - - -

Kyrie such a bro. Missing a jumper to lose against the hapless Wizards. Making me feel better about splitting the series with the Pistons. Thanks Kyrie. <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Celtics turned a horrendous 1st Q around and beat up on the Raptors. Kinda surprised with how bad the Raptors defense was. Did not expect them to look like this after our series in the bubble.

also, Payton Pritchard is the steal of the draft so far. No offseason, no summer league, very little time after being drafted, very short preseason and somehow looks like a seasoned, quality veteran player. If he keeps this up he'll be starting in Kemba's absence soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kyrie has 18 points in the first quarter. Jazz leading scorer is Donovan Mitchell, with...three. And those are all from the free throw line. This is embarrassingly terrible.