Page 29 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I checked the box score end of third and didn’t get how mans were losing. Then I saw the mavs bench. nothing.

It was also cool to see a team down by double digits late fight their way back instead of forcing 3s every possession.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    My expectation going into this was that the Bucks would put the Nets through the wringer, with much better team defense and much better scoring than the Celtics had and putting the Nets to the fire. When Harden went out I figured that was the series doen and dusted.

And then the Nets started playing with intensity and playing team defense and Blake Griffin looks like one of the better players at the 5 in the playoffs.

My question is, where was this fire and intensity and grit and team first play with previous stops for most of these guys?

These guys all quit on their teams and to varying degrees fucked things up for the team they were on by not giving a shit and forcing their way out.

And they come to Brooklyn and suddenly they remember simple fundamental Basketball basics instead of playing with an ego too big to handle.

Fuck all these guys. Seriously. I'd even be happier with the Sixers winning the title, and I can't stand the Sixers.

I was hoping the Bucks would shut this team up, but it looks like the Nets are here to stay. I was too optimistic when I predicted Bucks in the ECF. That game was embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    I was hoping the Bucks would shut this team up, but it looks like the Nets are here to stay. I was too optimistic when I predicted Bucks in the ECF. That game was embarrassing.
    its time sensitive though. the nets wont always have harden, kd, and kyrie. they hired guns just like golden state and lakers did. unfortunately big market teams can do that. nothing you can do about it but really let it go through its cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jokic wins MVP. Well deserved. Averaging nearly a triple double as a Center is amazing.

Just not sure the Nuggest can get anywhere this year without Murray/Someone besides Jokic.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Jokic wins MVP. Well deserved. Averaging nearly a triple double as a Center is amazing.

Just not sure the Nuggest can get anywhere this year without Murray/Someone besides Jokic.
    Once Murray went down and Nuggets kept winning, it was a no doubt Jokic winning.

15+ Year Old Account
    This Utah game is the best I've seen in a while, but the amount of 3s the Clippers are getting is nuts. Not even easy 3s or complicated passes, just casual step back or walk up to the line 3s.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2021-06-09 at 04:03 AM.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

It's not often that the game ends with a clutch rejection. What a rollercoaster game for Utah, I was sure the Clippers had it.

Also, I guess Utah allows max capacity at their stadium? That crowd was wild. It's no wonder players say it's hard to play there.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I can tell, this second round has had all max capacity stadiums. Also the commentators are there live, and the audio isn't messed with so you hear the full crowd noise.

Rudy Gobert wins Defensive Player of the Year. Not too surprising.

Tom Thibodeau wins Coach of the Year. Some predicted it, but Monty Williams and Quin Snyder were more expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Tom Thibodeau wins Coach of the Year. Some predicted it, but Monty Williams and Quin Snyder were more expected.
    Coach of the Year is cursed. No one that got it did anything after winning it the last few years and several actually got fired.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean:

Yikes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suns continue to embarrass the Nuggets. Picked the Clippers early on to win the West, but I think the Jazz can knock them off. Phoenix looks like the best in the West, with Chris Paul looking healthy.

What the hell am I watching? This is the worst NBA game I've ever seen in my life, playoffs OR regular season...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a three point game at halftime now though. Nets pulling a Jazz from last game and giving them that false sense of hope.

Mike Conley out again tonight, which is worrisome.

Okay...so the Bucks finally learned that Giannis is not Steph Curry and that the ball goes into the basket, but here is a summary of the first half.
    1st quarter: 30-11 Bucks on extremely cold shooting from the Nets
    2nd quarter: Bucks score only 3 points in the first 8 or so minutes of the quarter, before finally sort of figuring things out. Meanwhile the Nets start to warm back up and close the gap. We enter half-time at 45-42 Bucks.

For those keeping track, that means both teams swapped spots in the most bizarre exchange ever.
    1st quarter: 30-11 Bucks
    2nd quarter: 31-15 Nets

15+ Year Old Account
    76 all with 3 minutes left? Must be a great defensive game ...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Steven A Smith just said that the Clippers should release Kawhi if they don’t win this series.

It bothers me that these guys and this network are highly paid and either:

A. Are very stupid
    B. Are pretending to be very stupid.

(Btw I think it’s B). Skip Bayless is the same.
    I think he just doesn’t like kawhi. Or he’s planted his tv personality hate flag on him since no one else has

I hadn't paid much attention to Mitchell, sadly...the NBA media bias is real. Now that the Jazz are the #1 seed in the West though? I've been paying attention and my answer so far is yes. He's young, not in his prime, and already an absolute beast and joy to watch. I don't know what kind of numbers/performances he needs to reach superstar status in your eyes but he is clearly making a strong case. "Good player" is a joke. He's an insane player.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Anyone here sold on "Donovan Mitchell, superstar"? I'm not. Good player, sure, but not clear why people seem to think he's a top 10 player.
    He's a really good player who steps it up in the playoffs. Most "really good players" don't show up for the playoffs at all. Superstar status is another thing altogether. I think the term is over used. Hes a deserving allstar, and anyone would want him on their team. As for him carrying a franchise (superstar status to me), its hard to tell, Utah is a teams team, he can step it up when guys are off, but he isn't carrying the franchise on his back, if that makes sense. He isn't the same tier as Curry, D Wade, LeBron... he's in that next tier down with Kawhi, Kyrie, etc...

15+ Year Old Account
    These series are getting interesting. Clippers have been alive in both games despite losing so it’s no surprise to see them run away with one. Nuggets with Murray would’ve been a great series but they can’t compete with the suns without him. Bucks probably done too but at least they showed something.

If both Harden and Kyrie can’t go, does Brooklyn win another game?