Page 35 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jazz appear to be shopping a few players, notably Ingles, Favors, and Bogdonavic. Bogey is inconsistent, Ingles fell off in the playoffs, and Favors...existed? To be fair the entire bench fell off though.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Memphis is finalizing a trade to send Jonas Valanciunas and 2021 Nos. 17 and 51 picks to New Orleans for Steven Adams, Eric Bledsoe, 2021 picks Nos. 10 and 40 and a protected 2022 first-round pick via the Lakers"

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1419756065625972747

I like this deal for the Grizz. THey get better picks and add a C who is about as good as Valentunis was, and who will recover his value playing with a better fit talent wise than in NO.

Pelicans are just treading water here. Will depend on what they do with the salary space they get with this move. Given their track record, probably nothing that helps them in any serious way.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    "Memphis is finalizing a trade to send Jonas Valanciunas and 2021 Nos. 17 and 51 picks to New Orleans for Steven Adams, Eric Bledsoe, 2021 picks Nos. 10 and 40 and a protected 2022 first-round pick via the Lakers"

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1419756065625972747

I like this deal for the Grizz. THey get better picks and add a C who is about as good as Valentunis was, and who will recover his value playing with a better fit talent wise than in NO.

Pelicans are just treading water here. Will depend on what they do with the salary space they get with this move. Given their track record, probably nothing that helps them in any serious way.
    Follow-up report, Bledsoe is most likely not staying in Memphis and will likely be dealt again yet.
    https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1419771198934708235
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Follow-up report, Bledsoe is most likely not staying in Memphis and will likely be dealt again yet.
    https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1419771198934708235
    There was also a follow up report that the Grizz are not done trading up in the draft yet. Moves to make moves. Will be interesting how far they move up, and who they are targeting (they must have someone specific in mind).

10+ Year Old Account
    The NBA Draft night is already BONKERS with the Lakers rumors.

Woj is saying they are going to trade for Buddy Hield and Shams is saying they are going to trade for Russel Westbrook.

Hold on to your butts.

- - - Updated - - -

Shams turned out to be right!

- - - Updated - - -

Kings drafting another Guard. Kings gonna King.

Does mean they now have a surplus of Guards and the Celtics need one... HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I like Russ as a competitor... But wtf does he bring the Lakers they already didn't have with Kuzma or KCP. Both of those guys are incredibly inconsistent capable of scoring 5 or 25 on any given night. The only difference now is Westbrook is going to expect to get 25 and cost the Lakers possessions to do it, while they could just bench Kuzma and KCP if they greenlighted themselves.
    I liked the Kuzma/KCP/Harrell for Simmons trade, that actually makes sense. Both Kuz and KCP could be good if they unfuck themselves and Harrell can be good with zero expectations. And Simmons could be great if he saw a Psychiatrist, and at least he bring defense to all positions on the court... AND he isn't injury prone or likely past his prime.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like lebron would hate simmons’ apathetic view toward winning or getting better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I feel like lebron would hate simmons’ apathetic view toward winning or getting better.
    I dont think LeBron would let him be a layabout.

Embiid has been called out multiple times by coaches and players for being lazy and ill-prepared. With that as your lead example on the team, its no wonder Simmons is the same way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    He's poison.
    Never trust a big butt and a smile
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bargainer Brad making a ton of moves today.

Moved out Tristan Thompson for Kriss Dunn

Traded with the Mavs for Josh Richardson.

That's 2 defensive minded PG's, though rumor has it that Dunn might be moved elsewhere again. It does complicate the Celtics persuit of Evan Fournier, since they are now back into issues with the tax.

With the amount of mvoes today and how aggressive Brad has been, I expect more moves to come soon.

Starting to like this off-season!

10+ Year Old Account
    The Josh Richardson trade was made official yesterday, but the Tristan Thompson trade (which moves TT to the Kings, Delonte West to the Hawks and Kriss Dunn to the Celtics) is still pending.

Pls get a move on with this one. I need TT gone yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Delonte West? Is it like 2011?
    lol whoops. Delon Wright, I meant. PG.

I JUST CARE ABOUT TT BEING GONE ALRIGHT.

Let me be happy and distracted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    lol whoops. Delon Wright, I meant. PG.

I JUST CARE ABOUT TT BEING GONE ALRIGHT.

Let me be happy and distracted.
    I was gonna say, given all the shit thats happened to West, being back in basketball would be amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get it. Thompson is a limited player who owes like half his career earnings to Lebron. Was surprised they picked him up in the first place.

Guy moved like he was 35 when he was 25.
    Oh his play wasn't even that bad and he improved near the end of the season. Without him we probably don't win that 1 game against the Nets, Tatum 50 piece or not.

But he was just a bad influence and a locker room problem. He was apparently not sticking to the Covid rules much and went out when he shouldn;t, frequently. Without him we probably don't get the big Covid epidemic during the season, and definitely not the later outbreak.

And with 40M in cap room spent on C/Big right now, there needs to be a move.

Problem is that Celtics didn't complete it before the end of the 20-21 season, so now it all rolls over and we lost the Kanter TPE that we were going to use to absorb Kriss Dunn.

APPARENTLY this is cause there's a bigger gain to be made elsewhere, by expanding the trade. Fine by me as long as it ends with TT elsewhere. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Celtics are unlikely to sign Fournier. Smart is going nowhere with the Lonzo Ball to Chicago trade and any roster upgrades "will be at the margins".

Meh.

BUT, that means roster flexibility for next year, with like only 3 players signed for 2022. Should mean next year might be spectacular.

Also

Someone thought up the name "the Yoga Celtics" cause front office keeps preaching flexibility. I love it. xD

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Buttman gone, I haz a sadge

Been a good run, Lowry deserves another shot a title while he still has gas in the tank, and we are rebuilding. Didn't even get to send him off properly

10+ Year Old Account
    Mavs have re-signed Boban and THJ, as well as signed Sterling Brown. We may not be able to sign a FA worth a damn, but Im happy we can keep those we love.

Looks like I'm a Bulls fan now. At least Lonzo doesn't have to worry about Caruso putting the clamps and putting highlight blocks on him.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Former Badgers standout and one-time NBA washout Sam Dekker signing with the Raptors.

Hope his second run in the NBA works out for him, he definitely had the tools at Wisconsin and in High School.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    The Celtics off season:

"The sequence of events here for Celtics is something. They traded Kanter last offseason to help clear room to sign Tristan Thompson and now are signing Kanter after dumping Thompson's contract."

Kanter for Tristan for Kanter.

And we will still suck with him on the floor. xD