Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    Liking Retail because it has flight (or should) doesn't mean you have to automatically hate classic because it doesn't have flight. That's a silly argument and I shouldn't have to explain myself to satisfy a sarcastic response.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Why can't someone enjoy a feature (Flying) of Modern WoW, and also enjoy Classic WoW? Flying never existed in Classic.

    Basically you're suggesting that 100% of players will play either Retail or classic, and there will be ZERO crossover. Which isn't going to be the case, numerous people have already stated they are going to play both. But I guess we're all "a unique cesspool of mouth breathers the result of many years of inbreeding" ... Lol

    - - - Updated - - -



    I did it in WOD/Legion (begrudgingly). Legion wasn't so bad because the game was actually fun to play.

    I've played a bit of BFA, mostly just Rated PVP with friends/guild, but it's always fun to explore. I would probably still be subbed right now if I could just fly around and explore, but I don't care for the long chorelist of reps to grind. Honestly it doesn't help that BFA feels like an inferior version of Legion.
    There was no sarcasm in my response, it was a very literal direct approach to the hypocrisy of your comments. It’s like stating I’m done with McDonald’s because they only serve McRibs on a limited basis, that’s why I can’t wait to start going to Hardee’s/Carl’s Jr. The one you are stating your newfound devotion to doesn’t even have the one thing that’s a dealbreaker with another. It’s hypocritical.
    If you had stated something along the lines of “I’m fed up with Pathfinder and tired of waiting for flight and that makes me not like the game. I am looking forward to Classic and can’t wait for that to come out so I can play,” you wouldn’t be getting comments from me and others. It’s almost the same mentality that I think you were going for. It’s simple sentence structure and meaning.

  2. #42
    When flying arrives my guild and I always unsub. Thankfully classic is close.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorling View Post
    When flying arrives my guild and I always unsub. Thankfully classic is close.
    When flying arrives me and a bunch of my mates always resub - adios amigo! I'll see you on classic servers.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorling View Post
    When flying arrives my guild and I always unsub. Thankfully classic is close.
    Lol right. So you and your guildies all get together and say "oh hey mates, flying is out soon, are your subs all cancelled?". What then, next expansion you say "oi, old buddies, let's resub until flying is released again!".

    Please. You're not fooling us with that nonsense. What you mean to say is you always unsub. Others in your guild? Perhaps. But don't tell us you all collectively unsub like you're all one being or some kind of hive mind. That's just ridiculous.

    Is your guild message of the day "Flying soon! Time to disband the guild. See you next expansion!"? Laughable...
    Last edited by Will; 2019-06-25 at 02:30 AM.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    It's been this way for 3 expansions - this system is fine. Get used to it

    - - - Updated - - -



    Posts like this is why nobody likes Classic posters, the boomers of the WoW community.

    No, you find this system fine. I don’t, I find it ridiculous. They say they want us to experience the expansion on foot first, which I completely agree with, but then won’t let you get flying for months and months after having finished everything on foot, multiple times. They lie. I quit because of the lack of flying, and it took so long, I won’t be returning either.

  6. #46
    delete pathfinder 2 in the next xpac!

  7. #47
    I too think that 10 months is a stupidly long time to wait.

    Personally, It's not so much about my main character for me. But I refuse to level alts w/o flying. I did all the needlessly restrictive ground crap once already. Not going to go through the zones again on alts w/o the ability to speed things up. I've got a few 110s I'll finally be able to start progressing now.

    But what I don't get is why not let Pathfinder 1 give flying in what's available so far, and then Pathfinder 2 give flying in the new 8.2 content?

    Oh yes, Blizzard's primary focus of making the game as inconvenient as possible for players.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by stockishgsr View Post
    Finally, my Champion of Azeroth, who has fought countless battles against many enemies can now defeat the worst enemy of them all, useless gating! I guess if I ever RP I can just have my Druid suffer from memory loss so he always forgets conveniently on a planet they have flown on before for years now knows how to flap his little owl wings.
    What's killing me is that they don't even bother finding a RP explanation to disable flying. Could be due to flying enemies, toxic atmosphere, ballistas stunning your mounts, literally whatever, but no, you just can't because, well, you can't. Okay I guess ?

    At this point MoP's "pathfinder" was the one which made more sense. Reach max level, buy flying, gg wp

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebottom View Post
    The whole situation sucks anyways. Flying at max level needs to come back or they just need to ditch pt2. They need to stop dictating how people play/enjoy their game.
    Indeed, I agree. I just clarified what has been the tendency from Blizzard since WoD... In MoP we just had to buy a spell (https://www.wowhead.com/spell=115913...the-four-winds), and getting enough rep with Golden Lotus just reduced the price. Those were the shiny times of how rep/factions should work.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorling View Post
    When flying arrives my guild and I always unsub. Thankfully classic is close.
    It makes no sense. Blizzard forced players to walk the same old zones backwards and forwards for almost a year. But now they release a new major location and Ion Hazzikostas tell us "flying in few weeks". You know Ion how much failure are you, most people don't even want to resub for 8.2 epic adventure because of it. Why bother to resub when flying in few weeks? This adventure is too short to even consider return to WoW.

    I understand that a casual player should enjoy flying in new zone before classic release. wowclassiccountdown com Why not give us 5 weeks to explore 8.2 zone without flying, 3 week to "enjoy" flying, looks like good timing to me.

    Also Vanilla has worst fun per time spent value.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    No, you find this system fine. I don’t, I find it ridiculous. They say they want us to experience the expansion on foot first, which I completely agree with, but then won’t let you get flying for months and months after having finished everything on foot, multiple times. They lie. I quit because of the lack of flying, and it took so long, I won’t be returning either.
    okay bye /10char

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Lol right. So you and your guildies all get together and say "oh hey mates, flying is out soon, are your subs all cancelled?". What then, next expansion you say "oi, old buddies, let's resub until flying is released again!".

    Please. You're not fooling us with that nonsense. What you mean to say is you always unsub. Others in your guild? Perhaps. But don't tell us you all collectively unsub like you're all one being or some kind of hive mind. That's just ridiculous.

    Is your guild message of the day "Flying soon! Time to disband the guild. See you next expansion!"? Laughable...
    We are 6 mates who has played together since vanilla. We have our own guild as we do not raid and do not have time to play hardcore anymore. The last 3 expansions we have all unsubbed when flying has arrived, this one included. The game is just not fun for us when flying is around.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Lol right. So you and your guildies all get together and say "oh hey mates, flying is out soon, are your subs all cancelled?". What then, next expansion you say "oi, old buddies, let's resub until flying is released again!".

    Please. You're not fooling us with that nonsense. What you mean to say is you always unsub. Others in your guild? Perhaps. But don't tell us you all collectively unsub like you're all one being or some kind of hive mind. That's just ridiculous.

    Is your guild message of the day "Flying soon! Time to disband the guild. See you next expansion!"? Laughable...
    We are 6 mates who has played together since vanilla. We have our own guild as we do not raid or have time to play hardcore anymore. When we play we explore the world, attack a horde city, quest together or join a bg. Flying ruin the fun for us. Maybe we are nostalgic, but we fell that the game changes when flying is around.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieSmile View Post
    It makes no sense. Blizzard forced players to walk the same old zones backwards and forwards for almost a year. But now they release a new major location and Ion Hazzikostas tell us "flying in few weeks". You know Ion how much failure are you, most people don't even want to resub for 8.2 epic adventure because of it. Why bother to resub when flying in few weeks? This adventure is too short to even consider return to WoW.

    I understand that a casual player should enjoy flying in new zone before classic release. wowclassiccountdown com Why not give us 5 weeks to explore 8.2 zone without flying, 3 week to "enjoy" flying, looks like good timing to me.

    Also Vanilla has worst fun per time spent value.
    Fun is subjective. And for my mates and myself flying is not fun.

  15. #55
    Flying in ArcheAge is fun.
    Flying implementation in WoW is some kind of QoL solution for old or boring, repetitive content or chores with alts, or workaround for maps with awful design. But it never fun.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Too little, too late.
    Not at all - it’s right on time with a x.2 patch.

  17. #57
    Pathfinder has always been stupid. Flying wasn't a problem until blizzard made it one. Hit max level and you get flying, what was wrong with that? If they really wanted this dumb shit called pathfinder then it should have just been you get loremaster in all the starting zones.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •