is it to late for early access?

I can't wait till 7/2 to buy the game and stuff was wondering if its to late to get into early access. I tried from the website but the box doesn't do anything except allow me to click on it to get the code that I need to register with.

Did you preorder it from Square-Enix? If so you need to take the given code, go to the website that it tells you, enter the code, get a new code, then enter the new code in on Mog Station.

It's a bit convoluted, but you should still get early access.

Quote Originally Posted by Nozari View Post
    I can't wait till 7/2 to buy the game and stuff was wondering if its to late to get into early access. I tried from the website but the box doesn't do anything except allow me to click on it to get the code that I need to register with.
    It is not too late for early access, you just need to follow the not so straight forward instructions that you likely received in your e-mail to register.

It's a bit convoluted (to put it nicely), but on your Square Enix account page (not Mogstation, the SE Store Account) you should be able to access your order. On the order page next to the Shadowbringers item you ordered should be a "activate code" or something box. Hitting that should bring up a code and provide instructions on how to access (or possibly send you straight there) a 3rd party website where you are able to enter that code to activate the actual pre-order code.... take the pre-order code from that 3rd party website and enter it into your Mogstation account where it says enter item code.

MAKE SURE YOU SELECT THE CORRECT PLATFORM YOU'RE PLAYING FFXIV ON, you only get one chance and if you screw it up your pretty much screwed.

I had to look it up myself too...it's stupidly complicated.

Ok thanks, I'll try it out.

Just to piggyback off this, I'm feeling pretty stupid.

I've registered the FINAL FANTASY XIV: SHADOWBRINGERS™ PRE-ORDER BONUS key, did the mog station thing and it shows I am good for early access.

However when I click the instructions button for FINAL FANTASY XIV: SHADOWBRINGERS™ STANDARD EDITION [PC DOWNLOAD] I'm given the same step but I'm pretty lost on to actually find this certain code.

I followed Katchiis instructions but came across no code. Did I already do this with the first activation or am I missing something right in front of me?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post

I've registered the FINAL FANTASY XIV: SHADOWBRINGERS™ PRE-ORDER BONUS key, did the mog station thing and it shows I am good for early access.

However when I click the instructions button for FINAL FANTASY XIV: SHADOWBRINGERS™ STANDARD EDITION [PC DOWNLOAD] I'm given the same step but I'm pretty lost on to actually find this certain code.

I followed Katchiis instructions but came across no code. Did I already do this with the first activation or am I missing something right in front of me?
    you won't get your code for the actual expansion until the 2nd, the preorder code goes to the 5th for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    you won't get your code for the actual expansion until the 2nd, the preorder code goes to the 5th for this reason.
    Ahh so I'm just stupid. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I'm so lost. I unlocked the code on square for the preorder bonus earring and pet and got it plugged in ok, but whenever I try to unlock the code for Shadowbrings itself it just has "instructions". No code given.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    I'm so lost. I unlocked the code on square for the preorder bonus earring and pet and got it plugged in ok, but whenever I try to unlock the code for Shadowbrings itself it just has "instructions". No code given.
    Yeah, sorry for not adding that info...I had the same issue and then remembered 10 minutes into searching and feeling frustrated that this same thing happened with Stormblood.

For whatever reason, the actual code to register the expansion itself doesn't get published/sent/accessible until closer to launch (if not ON launch day, IIRC). So don't sweat it for now. If you don't have your code accessible or available by next Tuesday though you'll need to contact customer service, but the early access code is good until the 5th so you should be fine.

For those who bought digitally through the store I'm assuming you access it by going to your account, looking up your orders and then clicking on the button next to the expansion (not pre-order bonus) that up to this point hasn't done anything...but on launch day it should provide the code.

Anyone who ordered digitally through the store for Stormblood able to chime in to confirm? I ordered the physical collectors edition for Stormblood so I only ever got the pre-order bonus code through the store and just had to wait until my package showed up to register the code. Shadowbringers Physical Collectors edition was sold out =(

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Anyone who ordered digitally through the store for Stormblood able to chime in to confirm?
    The code appeared on launch day for me to input it. To be fair, I didn't check the day or so before, but it was there after launch happened.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    The code appeared on launch day for me to input it. To be fair, I didn't check the day or so before, but it was there after launch happened.
    Thanks for confirming =)

As someone with a slow internet connection, I'm disappointed that Square wouldn't let us download the game before hand. If we can't even start downloading the expansion until the servers go back up again, it's going to be an anxious mad dash.

I purchased last night. Downloaded today. And have been in-game with my "early access", not that I intend to reach the new zones any time soon.