Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    remove cross realms and go back to doing connected realms. Factor in faction balance when merging servers to try to get a 50/50 ratio. War mode should only go through connected realms.

- - - Updated - - -

You literally can do that for yourself already. PvP literally does not effect you if you have warmode off. It's not like they balance the game around it lol
    PvP have a HUGE impact on the PvE game, because every time Blizzard tries to balance PvP, they ruin PvE.

With PvP out of the game, we will finally be able to achieve balance.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

BFA, lets just go back to legion mechanics and pretend that just added a few new dungeons and the like

Pet Battles. The amount of resources expended to build and maintain "Pokemon for Wow" seems like such a waste.

LFD/LFR, these are a scourge.

attitude towards flying so its the game from day 1.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

5+ Year Old Account
    Ion. Definitely Ion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Titanforging.
    Slot machines.

Anyone that had anything to do with game/class design from WOD onward.......

Quote Originally Posted by Huzzaa View Post
    Slot machines.

I utterly despise titanforging in WoW, but equating it to loot boxes is just completely wrong.

It's a completely different type of bad (nefarious even) design. Loot boxes tempt you into gambling by offering a possibility of accelerated progress in a random system. Titanforging attemst to slow down your progress and give you incentives to keep playing even after completing your goals because there's always a chance ofan upgrade.

If WoW actually implemented loot box design you'd really need to be able to buy them. So maybe add a prestige leveling system that rewards you with a box that usually has a bit of gold and random crap in it, but can rarely also have (preferrably unique) mounts and raid gear etc. and then make earning prestige levels very slow, but sell the boxes for like 3USD a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc7 View Post
    I utterly despise titanforging in WoW, but equating it to loot boxes is just completely wrong.

It's a completely different type of bad (nefarious even) design. Loot boxes tempt you into gambling by offering a possibility of accelerated progress in a random system. Titanforging attemst to slow down your progress and give you incentives to keep playing even after completing your goals because there's always a chance ofan upgrade.

If WoW actually implemented loot box design you'd really need to be able to buy them. So maybe add a prestige leveling system that rewards you with a box that usually has a bit of gold and random crap in it, but can rarely also have (preferrably unique) mounts and raid gear etc. and then make earning prestige levels very slow, but sell the boxes for like 3USD a piece.
    Yes, it's not so bad... yet. I agree, but better scare people with what's to potentially come than wait it out saying nothing and then be surprised about the new surprise mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Huzzaa View Post
    Yes, it's not so bad... yet. I agree, but better scare people with what's to potentially come than wait it out saying nothing and then be surprised about the new surprise mechanics.
    Let's also not accept EA's stupid "surprise mechanics" word-game. After all, any type of random drop in a game IS a surprise mechanic, and those are fine, great even, and they need to be differentiated from these micro-transactions. Let's just call them loot boxes or gambling mechanics, because that's what they are and even ironically adapting their new words is playing to normalizing loot boxes and distancing them from all the problems they have.

But yeah, being on guard about stuff like this is important, because if there's anything that actually could just completely ruin wow it is loot boxes and other mechanics like that.

AP grind of any sort

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    People who defend Titanforging
    Blizz Whiteknights
    Bad Players

Surprisingly these people tend to fall into the same groups
    Actually I've found that only bad players with poor attitudes complain about Titanforging even though we established in the middle of Legion that the impact it has is minimal and it's just a fun system for the 95% of players that don't raid Mythic. So for me, as someone who does raid Mythic, it's just a thing that exists, but it makes the other 95% of the playerbase happy which results in the game continuing to live which is good for me. Wanting to remove things that are good/fun for the casuals that keep this game afloat is pretty special.

It's weird, when I criticize any of the things that I don't like I've been called a hater, and when I say that complaining about Titanforging at this point is bizarre I'm a white knight.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

New content making prior content irrelevant. New content is fine but often times the changes just equates to more of the game not ever mattering. The game is stuck in it's single expansion size.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    PvP have a HUGE impact on the PvE game, because every time Blizzard tries to balance PvP, they ruin PvE.

With PvP out of the game, we will finally be able to achieve balance.
    Yet they truly don't even balance PvP anymore. If they do, then that balancing is just a flat % againt players only.

PvP literally does not effect PvE anymore because they dont balance in a way that actually effect PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by SaneOstrich View Post
    the faction divide
    Absolutely. This has hindered the game since the beginning. Nothing is worse than meeting someone IRL that plays WoW and then realizing they are on the opposite faction so you can never play together on your favorite toons.

PEople who play this game for stroking their epeen. Aka those that think only they and they alone should have best gear and anyone who doesn't step into super mythic should be given shit hand me downs while wanting to feel special themselves.

Titanforging/Pandarens as playable race

artifact power
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Artifact power, it kills my desire to play alts