1. #1

    Lightbulb Instance reset macro on Classic beta

    Hi all,

    could someone confirm if it is possible to reset instance and logout to "teleport" to the entrance on Beta?

    On some private servers it did work - /script ResetInstances()

    Thanks,

    Battlebot

  2. #2
    Leaving a group while in a dungeon puts you at the nearest graveyard I think, but that is the fastest way out.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

  3. #3
    You cant reset instances while someone is inside the dungeon in Classic. The script itself works tho. So it doesnt work exactly like pservers but there is another way to replicate what happens on pservers.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Leaving a group while in a dungeon puts you at the nearest graveyard I think, but that is the fastest way out.
    Are you sure this behavior was already in classic?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Are you sure this behavior was already in classic?
    If you give lead to someone else and leave grp you get ported to your hearthstone location on classic not graveyard.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    If you give lead to someone else and leave grp you get ported to your hearthstone location on classic not graveyard.
    It's been about 14 years memory a bit hazy, but I think I remember that when we kicked someone from the raid we had to wait until the dude logged off or left the raid to be able to get a new guy in. Might have been different in dungeons though.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    It's been about 14 years memory a bit hazy, but I think I remember that when we kicked someone from the raid we had to wait until the dude logged off or left the raid to be able to get a new guy in. Might have been different in dungeons though.
    Raids worked differently because of lockouts. I remember camping in a karazhan because someone tried to steal my lockout in tbc.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    If you give lead to someone else and leave grp you get ported to your hearthstone location on classic not graveyard.
    Oh bummer, ya I remember that now lmao. It was a quick way to hearth all the time then it got fixed because people would just do that instead of wait the hour and Blizz reduced the hearthstone CD to compensate.

    I for one will abuse the hell out of that as everyone will.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

  9. #9
    It uses your hearthstone if not you are ported to a gy. Also the way the op explained that only happened in MC until the bug was fixed in 1.6 or 7 i believe. And yes the macro only works if all party members are out of the instance.

  10. #10
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    30,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebot View Post
    Hi all,

    could someone confirm if it is possible to reset instance and logout to "teleport" to the entrance on Beta?

    On some private servers it did work - /script ResetInstances()

    Thanks,

    Battlebot
    Some things going on on private can't always be directly compared to official games.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Some things going on on private can't always be directly compared to official games.
    Of course, thats why I ask.

    Just wanted to know if DM:east farming would be an option for instance, without having to die and run in every time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •