Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Aren't most of the Muslims in the UK from Pakistan and other areas the British had conquered rather than from the new wave of refugees in Europe? I'm not exactly sure what they're trying to achieve, because leaving the EU won't do anything about Muslims who aren't there because of the EU.

I've reported this thread and hope it's closed.

"Do you believe that x believes that x believes that... question"

There is literally zero sensible discussion to be had.

5+ Year Old Account
    I can’t remember if it was him admitting to posting/thread creating while drunk only.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewshine View Post
    I can’t remember if it was him admitting to posting/thread creating while drunk only.
    Well... I'm guilty of that too but it doesn't mean everything I post is flamebait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    I've reported this thread and hope it's closed.

"Do you believe that x believes that x believes that... question"

There is literally zero sensible discussion to be had.

I think ‘why do they believe it?’ is a solid question. But, OP does not seem to be interested in that discussion. Oh and the answer is politicians that don’t have an actual platform or justification to hold office. See Trump in the OP as an example...

- - - Updated - - -

Well... I'm guilty of that too but it doesn't mean everything I post is flamebait.
    I don’t think you get drunk between 7:40 am and 10:40 am on a weekday. That’s pretty damning sign of alcoholism.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I don’t think you get drunk between 7:40 am and 10:40 am on a weekday. That’s pretty damning sign of alcoholism.
    Dude. I'm a Brit. It's 20:30.

Well past gin-o'clock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude. I'm a Brit. It's 20:30.

Well past gin-o'clock.
    No, I mean his OP was posted between 7:40 PST and 10:40 EST... which judging by the time right now and where you are at... seems to be true... you wouldn’t be getting drunk in the AM of a weekday.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Do you believe 2/3rds of Tory members believe there are areas ‘under sharia law’?
    Yes. See Brexit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    I lived in Kent for alittle over a year, i noticed no differences when it came from bigoted remarks from the conservatives i had met at the pub or in my office. The olds sure had problems but that is no different here that they fear change and are losing their seat at the table so they of course lash out. The tories and republicans here should better learn to embrace the changing demographics instead of lash out at them.
    They don't and probably wont; conservative factions rarely "embrace change." That's really not their M.O.

They just cling to straws harder and harder; see gerrymandering, restrictive voter ID laws, filibustering, abandoning votes, etc.

It's up to the rest of us to see those straws knocked from their hand.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Do I believe that someone else believes something... Jesus Christ, your threads are devolving, Hubcap.
    If you hate the thread so much, why are you bumping it?

If you're in here, why not engage with the argument rather than finding excuses why the OP shouldn't be allowed to post? Kind of seems like you don't like the point being made, but have no counterpoints, so you're just airing your hurt feelings.

- - - Updated - - -

People getting their noses out of joint over news is not proof that that news is flamebait. Some people are just thin-skinned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    If you hate the thread so much, why are you bumping it?

If you're in here, why not engage with the argument rather than finding excuses why the OP shouldn't be allowed to post? Kind of seems like you don't like the point being made, but have no counterpoints, so you're just airing your hurt feelings.

- - - Updated - - -

People getting their noses out of joint over news is not proof that that news is flamebait. Some people are just thin-skinned.

Yeah, he and his friends keep telling me not to start new threads, I don't get what the problem is.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I don't get what the problem is.
    You seem to only read the headlines of the articles you make your threads about and then make a one-liner that is just barely on-topic to your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You seem to only read the headlines of the articles you make your threads about and then make a one-liner that is just barely on-topic to your post.

I post topics that I think people will want to discuss. I read them, but sometimes I misunderstand them. People correct me, it works out. I'd say I rarely misunderstand them.

You can always post threads yourself. If I see new threads, I often won't post a new thread.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    People are free to be stupid and ignorant as long as they respect the law.
    What, Sharia?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Yep, that's totally the reason. What was the point exactly, that Tories are largely cunts?
    Why are you asking me? Not my thread. I imagine it's about how many of these Tories believe something that's manifestly not true...

I just hate the posters whose first response in every thread is some vacuous comment about how the poster shouldn't have posted the thread. I don't know why that kind of pointless post doesn't warrant an infraction - if it did it'd clean up a lot of worthless posts on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I post topics that I think people will want to discuss. I read them, but sometimes I misunderstand them. People correct me, it works out. I'd say I rarely misunderstand them.

You can always post threads yourself. If I see new threads, I often won't post a new thread.
    I see you're on track for the most wrong thing said all year. It's neck and neck with you and Trump.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.