Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cash shop ideas - only way to make the game profitable but more fun again?

XP increase potions, more "limited time only" cosmetics / mounts - saying this as I'm thinking this might be the only way to make blizz reduce the amount of mindless grinding at cap whether it is essences, AP, unlocking flying, or anything that did not use to exist before where we just simply needed to raid and do normal honor-based BGs to get better gear, simply enjoyed leveling alts without worrying too much about any BS mindless grinding at cap.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2019-06-30 at 05:42 AM.

The game has never been non-profitable.

The problem is that the competition found a way to milk more money out of their normies and obviously Activision can't pass on free dough.

I'm not actually sure, if either they or EA invented it in the first place.

But yes, would love for that tripe to stop. But being realistic, /sigh, it likely wont.

The game going F2P is inevitable and so is a Cash Shop with cosmetics and XP boosts like SWTOR. As long as the restrictions are ok hell i'll take it but blizzard still better deliver GOOD content
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The game going F2P is inevitable and so is a Cash Shop with cosmetics and XP boosts like SWTOR. As long as the restrictions are ok hell i'll take it but blizzard still better deliver GOOD content
    God I hope it doesn't go F2P. It just adds an element of... I don't even know what to call it, bloat-driven-jealousy and classification in-game and between players that only breeds horrible things.

I've no problem with the latest mount but the one thing I agree with the Balding Withered Jim is that we should get similiar rewards for the demanding content in-game - the fact that Glory for Azshara Raid rewards is just another ray mount is stupid. It should have been that crab or something of that kind.

I'd take allied races like Jinyu and Hozen, personally, than something like xp boosts. I don't need the cash shop to play the game for me. Just give me cosmetics so I'll want to play the game even more.

The day that happens is the day I'm leaving without turning back. I really, really hope that will never happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    A game that charges $50 to play and $15 to keep playing per month, is not unprofitable.

The only reason it would become unprofitable is if they drove away their entire player base.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm glad i don't like collecting mounts.

And whenever i see a "limited time only" offer i dont buy it no matter how much i want to.
    I would honestly punch the person responsible for such unethical tactics.
    You dont get to fool people right in their faces and get away with it.

Same reason i hate the stricktly dictated progression system that blizzard loves.

The only thing i would buy if they ever added it on the shop is the transmog weapons from the movie premiere, which i missed.
    But they are among the best looking ever.

Or if they added Wildhammers.
    Assuming their heritage armor would be awesome.

They already gain "free" money from completely automated services, such as transfers, level-ups, race changes, etc.
    There is no need to add more stuff.
    I actually hate the mounts, cause most of them look totally out of place, and not warcraft-y at all.
    Only thing i'd be ook with is mini pets.
    I had actually bought the alterac pup, and i dont even play pet battles.

Mindless grinding is part of an MMO. This is like touching fire and complaining it's hot. I do think the RNG, gearing process and grind was a bit out of control, but the latest patch addresses all that and does so quite nicely. Want to complain about the classes, go right ahead, they're still a mess and will be a mess until 9.0.

And by the way, WOW is far from an unprofitable game. Wow has been and continues to be a $$$ cow for Blizzard. It funded the Dev costs of HOTS, Hearthstone and Overwatch. You either need to be better informed or take a community college course in trolling.

Why are you compromising OP?

You already paid for the game.

Then they made you pay a $15 a month subscription fee, ostensibly to develop additional content.

Then they made you pay for a $50 expansion so you could enjoy that developed content.

And now they want you to pay a fourth time for unique mounts that would have been prestigious to earn ingame over a bunch of recolors.

A cash shop has absolutely no business being in this game.

Not compromising. Just wanna understand their logic behind such ridiculous decisions like time gating, rep and AP grinds which only drive the players away. I don't believe anyone actually enjoys this part of the game despite it being an MMORPG thing.

It might be profitable, but only a shadow of its former glory. Nobody is happy with anything in the game, and those who say they are, are lying to themselves.

Why not give people freedom? because they are afraid of content draughts? Classic is coming to the rescue, so please enough of this garbage.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2019-06-30 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    XP increase potions, more "limited time only" cosmetics / mounts - saying this as I'm thinking this might be the only way to make blizz reduce the amount of mindless grinding at cap whether it is essences, AP, unlocking flying, or anything that did not use to exist before where we just simply needed to raid and do normal honor-based BGs to get better gear, simply enjoyed leveling alts without worrying too much about any BS mindless grinding at cap.
    The game is extremely profitable as it is. Also, your idea is bad in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    The game is extremely profitable as it is. Also, your idea is bad in every way.
    I have a better idea. Ef wow and the toxic community. Why do I care about this stupid game anyway.

Not compromising. Just wanna understand their logic behind such ridiculous decisions like time gating, rep and AP grinds which only drive the players away.
    Because 1) There are people whowill still pay, regardless of how bad things are for a number of reasons (Addiction, Sunk cost fallacy, friends/family play)
    and 2) Because some of those people burn through it fast, get bored and quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or they can just make the moment to moment gameplay fun again so they don't need to rely on mindless carrot on a stick and infinite treadmill mechanics to retain customers... Make the gameplay fun, people will play the game for the sake of playing the game if the gemeplay is actually fun.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This smells like bait but it's 3AM so I'll bite.

Why not just remove the endgame grind entirely and put gear boxes on the cash shop too while we're at it?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I have a better idea. Ef wow and the toxic community. Why do I care about this stupid game anyway.
    Why do you? Also, people are not toxic just becuase they don't like your ideas.
    If you write a rather agressive post then you'll get agressive answers. Deal with it.

No. The game is not going to go F2P. It still rakes in 13€£$ * 10 million at times.

That is only something you can dream of

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Maybe if they go free to play. Until then they can fuck right off.

Not compromising. Just wanna understand their logic behind such ridiculous decisions like time gating, rep and AP grinds which only drive the players away. I don't believe anyone actually enjoys this part of the game despite it being an MMORPG thing.

It might be profitable, but only a shadow of its former glory. Nobody is happy with anything in the game, and those who say they are, are lying to themselves.

Why not give people freedom? because they are afraid of content draughts? Classic is coming to the rescue, so please enough of this garbage.
    Really? This is your line of questioning / reasoning? What the hell, are you new to this genre or something?

Time Gates and Rep Grinds have literally existed in the game in one form or another since wayyyyy back in the days of Vanilla and the Hydraxian Waterlords. They are pretty much required in an MMO because without them, people will literally burn through all available content in a week or two and then be stuck with literally nothing to do. And then they WILL quit. Your only alternative to things like Extended Rep Grinds and Time Gates (which exist to prolong the life of existing content) is unlimited mindless grinding on essentially pointless content once you hit the "end game", as without the Time Gates and Rep grinds, you would be left with literally nothing to do.

And when you say "Give people Freedom", I have to ask: Freedom to do what exactly? Burn through the content at breakneck speed and then spend the next 3 months complaining that there is nothing to do?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Or they can just make the moment to moment gameplay fun again so they don't need to rely on mindless carrot on a stick and infinite treadmill mechanics to retain customers... Make the gameplay fun, people will play the game for the sake of playing the game if the gemeplay is actually fun.
    Can you give me an example of when this was EVER a thing in WoW? WoW has been a mindless grind fest almost literally since it's inception. The only time the "moment to moment" gameplay has ever been "fun" is when leveling and exploring new content. As soon as you finish that and reach the endgame stage of any given expantion, it reverts right back to mindless grinding infinite treadmill every time.

I mean, for gods sakes, the entire MMO genre is literally a digital Skinner's box with a pretty interface on it. You are fooling yourself completely if you believe it has ever been anything but.