Thread: So thats it?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    In some ways, yes. But how would that be achieved?

In raids, they have done it before with a gradual buff applied at regular interval. They could reintroduce that but would mean removing the multiple difficulties.

Dungeons would be a bit more difficult to apply and with the mythic+.

In outdoor quests, I am not sure even how it could be done. A gradual nerf to the mobs?

I would be interested in knowing in which other games does this and how since I do not play other games that suggested they have this feature.
    Part of the issue Ion has actually (finally) acknowledged in a dev interview.

The core classes, and specs, just aren't that fun or engaging to play.

Buffing mobs (re: zone/world/ilvl scaling) doesn't make them more challenging. It just makes them take longer to kill, which is not fun.

You have to make mobs engaging, give them threatening abilities, etc. And to do that, you have to give classes/specs toolkits that they've had removed to handle those things. You'd also have to make sure most classes have "a way" to mitigate those things, albeit in their own strategies/methods.

Classic, TBC, and WOTLK all did the above with varying degrees of success at different times. Even Cata had some of it. I love MoP, but I noticed a lot of world mob/encounter design really started slackening at that point to where it felt like world mobs were just target dummies. It got exponentially worse in WoD and since.

Oh my, and here I was thinking that they'd just scrap the AP farming neck grind system mid expansion and come up with something entirely new for a random mid expansion patch. People who still held their hopes up for BFA to change after like 8.1 were hopelessly naive. Mild spoiler: 8.3 ain't gonna change shit either. If you're not into pet battles or Bejeweled be smart and wait till 9.0 before wasting further money on this cash grab of a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    Classic, TBC, and WOTLK all did the above with varying degrees of success at different times. Even Cata had some of it. I love MoP, but I noticed a lot of world mob/encounter design really started slackening at that point to where it felt like world mobs were just target dummies. It got exponentially worse in WoD and since.
    In what world did random world mobs ever have an engaging design in WoW? A single mob randomly casting a spell once in between its 200 0-counterplay autohits isn't engaging - and that's the most 'engaging' outdoor mobs in this game have ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    You people would complain it's too heavy if a gold bar was handed to you.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this

Gonna wait for all the gating and nerfs to grind to happen before resub. Was actually waiting for worgen model update, but that did not happen yet...
    As far as "content" goes, I don't even care, all I did in game was picking up all the achievements, pets and mounts I missed during all the history of the game. Group content burnout is fatal and does not cure with time anymore. Used to be among top progression but at some point realised how pointless a time waste it is. All your crazy achievements mean nothing come next patch, and every xpack everything resets to the ground. All I've got from 15 years of game that differs me from this newbie is vanilla epic mount. So, yeah.. Who cares.. Apathy... Hopefully 9.0 leaks are true and this game will get a total reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongCracker View Post
    8.2 drops wait two weeks for anything other than the same old heart grind and a new place to do very boring dailies??
    If you have only tested the patch so far ... go deeper ... it's actually a lot of fun. And I say that as a cynic and somebody who's been unsubbed and grumpy with Blizz for a long time. There is a LOT going on and it's been laid out well. They key ... I'm actually ... having fun playing. Lots of fun. Feels like sacrilege to say that, but I'll give them credit for doing an great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    This might be a shocking concept for you, but I enjoy WoW AND I enjoy other games.
    This might be a shocking concept for you, but the vast majority of gamers don't enjoy WoW and play other games instead.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    This might be a shocking concept for you, but the vast majority of gamers don't enjoy WoW and play other games instead.
    The vast majority of people don't even play video games, they watch them. Your point?

8.2 drops wait two weeks for anything other than the same old heart grind and a new place to do very boring dailies??
    dont play the game its obviously not for you, go play animal crossing or something

Sounds like you're burnt out. Maybe take a few months off or level some alts (that's what I'm doing).

You might find what you are looking for... in another game.
    Bwonsamdi says: Bring me de head of de Horde's warchief, and I be forgettin' all about ya father's bargain.

Bwonsamdi for warchief!

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Yeah, and that was how many years ago? 10? Gaming (and gamers) have changed since then, did Blizz ever mention how many people ever saw the inside of a raid in Wrath? (I remember the "1% saw Naxx40" quote, but anything about Wrath?)

I'm just saying that a company doesn't do a 180-turn on accessibility and gearing if they don't think there's money in it, so if the old model was the source of WoW's success, why did they change it?
    Because they got greedy and wanted to appeal to an even larger audience. It failed. Now they are doing a 180 again and bringing back classic to appeal to the original hardcore audience.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

What'd you expect from that braindead drone Ion?

The dailies are the least offensive thing, though them being in each corner of the map doesn't help things.

All the trash items, the lack of guidance and the labyrinth like Nazjatar are the real issues.

Like, honestly, i hate these new areas. Gonna get to revered to unlock flying and i'll be done with that crap.

Herald of the Titans
    You should probably sit your bitter ass down and play a different game, but you won't, because you don't know how to
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

You expected quality content? Cool story boi.
    If you are Activision fan boy. Please don't talk to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Oh my, and here I was thinking that they'd just scrap the AP farming neck grind system mid expansion and come up with something entirely new for a random mid expansion patch. People who still held their hopes up for BFA to change after like 8.1 were hopelessly naive. Mild spoiler: 8.3 ain't gonna change shit either. If you're not into pet battles or Bejeweled be smart and wait till 9.0 before wasting further money on this cash grab of a game.

- - - Updated - - -

In what world did random world mobs ever have an engaging design in WoW? A single mob randomly casting a spell once in between its 200 0-counterplay autohits isn't engaging - and that's the most 'engaging' outdoor mobs in this game have ever been.
    Then you clearly didn't play in the eras I mentioned.

To be fair what did you expect? that the game magically become fun? you can add different shit to a pile of shit, the result in the end will always be shit

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    Again, the design philosphy of making everything easy rears its ugly head. If I was a WoW dev these days, id be pulling my hair out trying to appease the current player base.

-Make content thats hard so it lasts a while - players whine its too hard and they can't do it

-Make content thats easy so players can do it - players whine they finish it too quick and have nothing to do

WoW is fundamentally broken at a design level. The playerbase they have attracted is one that is impossible to please in a MMO setting.
    I agree with the frustration they must have to stomach.
    Its not the design that is broken though.

The game is very well designed especially at this point in the expansion, but the players want too much and do too little.

As soon as I saw them nerf the rares of nazjatar quest to ONE I knew just how doomed this game's community was.
    Co-Owner of ONEAzerothTV - Guides, Tanking, Blood DK Soloing Mythic+ and other discussions about all things in Battle for Azeroth
    ONElegionTV
    Co-Owner of TubeistTV - Offering Free Youtube Consultation from Youtube Certified 12+ Years of Combined Knowledge
    TubeistTV

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    The game is very well designed especially at this point in the expansion, but the players want too much and do too little.
    The well-designed new zone does not need flying mounts in the first two weeks.