Question Are the new reps for pf2 gated > 1 month?

I wouldn't mind knocking out pathfinder if I can do it in one subscription cycle. If it takes 5 weeks I won't bother.

Yes? I suppose.

I mean it depends on how you grind your rep. If you just do quests it'll probably take a while, but there are lots of goodies floating around that you can snag that'll give bonus quests.

Really I'd suggest deep diving into the zones, spending a day or more in each. After that you can just simplify your grind, but frankly there's a LOT going on in this patch. It feels more like expanded max-level launch content. You know, that time before the raid opens up when you're just busy as hell trying to get everything up to snuff and figured out?

So yeah, get out, explore, have fun.

The rep grind is only a grind if you're paying attention to it.

Pretty sure they stated it will take 2-3 weeks for a casual player

I can go pretty hardcore on rep if it's doable in that timeframe. What I want to know is if it is gated to force a second month's subscription.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's guides to rush it. That's why wowhead crashed. They also put raiding essances behind the grind.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Why does it matter if it 'forces a second month's subscription'? The whole point of getting flying is to use it, so why would you claim to be planning to unsubscribe AFTER you finish getting flight?

*jumps in* What are the best ways to get grind then? I see daylies is like...1,2k? rep pr. day or so. I would like a mob grind like WOD reps =/
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like the others in this thread, do not understand the point of wanting to rush fly, if you are unsubbing right after getting it, seems like a complete waste of time..

Isn't the only way to rush the rep to grind out rares and pray that the rep token drops?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Isn't the only way to rush the rep to grind out rares and pray that the rep token drops?
    As far as I know there are no rep tokens but could be wrong, there might be the contracts though..

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    *jumps in* What are the best ways to get grind then? I see daylies is like...1,2k? rep pr. day or so. I would like a mob grind like WOD reps =/
    Its a lot more, its been 2 resets for EU and I miss like 1k on each to be honored.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    As far as I know there are no rep tokens but could be wrong, there might be the contracts though..
    There is for Ankoan/Unshackled.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

15+ Year Old Account
    The war campaign that probably gives rep is time gates so bleh

Mechagon has no emissary which is shitty. The rep gains there seem much slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    The war campaign that probably gives rep is time gates so bleh
    Why would the war campaign give you rep for Nazjatar or Mechagon?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebottom View Post
    I'm not sure if the rep there is actually more or less, because the main WQ/daily gives you 800~ combined with the other dailies.

No it isn't, almost everything gives rep on Mechagon. I got 5150/6k on Rustbolt and 4050/6k on Unshackled.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Mechagon has the 850rep daily wq, plus A LOT of daily quests, but since most don't appear on the map, people might miss them. If you get jetpacks just fly around the entire island and look around for dailies, there's like 6-7 today, and only 2 were on the main map. Also, the pet battle wqs which most people probably ignore, both on Nazjatar and Mechagon, they give the usual 75rep for WQ, plus some item to turn inm which gave me 250rep on Nazjatar, and 75 on Mechagon.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Why would the war campaign give you rep for Nazjatar or Mechagon?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure if the rep there is actually more or less, because the main WQ/daily gives you 800~ combined with the other dailies.
    Cause it takes place in nazjatar. It was giving rep last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Mechagon has the 850rep daily wq, plus A LOT of daily quests, but since most don't appear on the map, people might miss them. If you get jetpacks just fly around the entire island and look around for dailies, there's like 6-7 today, and only 2 were on the main map. Also, the pet battle wqs which most people probably ignore, both on Nazjatar and Mechagon, they give the usual 75rep for WQ, plus some item to turn inm which gave me 250rep on Nazjatar, and 75 on Mechagon.
    good to know thanks! I'm guessing at that rate the rep gain is probably quicker then.

Some other notes from the unshackled wowhead guide:

There are a total of 40 rares that randomly spawn across the zone that can be killed once daily for loot and 50 reputation with The Unshackled.

Pet Battles
    Nazjatar features 12 elite pets that can be challenged at any time. Upon defeating an elite pet for the very first time on a character, players will be awarded an item that can be redeemed for 250 rep with The Unshackled. Players skilled enough to defeat all 12 pets will receive a total of 3000 reputation.

Also the rep contracts should give you rep from old BfA WQ's