Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashina View Post
    Most complaints always come down to people playing 15h per day complaining they ran out of things to do or things not being as convenient as possible (rare spawns).
    My only complaint is rares in Nazjatar giving between ZERO to 3 manapearls.
    Today i killed 2 rares and got...1 manapearl from both together.

Its really evil from Blizzard to make it a chance to drop ZERO...they should at least give 1 in worst case scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Let's get the positives out of the way so that we can focus on the negatives:
    -The Battle for Nazjatar is a fun PvP world event.

Now let's get to the negatives:
    -Rares in both Mechagon and Nazjatar are on long spawntimers. This is literally 2013 Timeless Isle design. They spawn and they die before you can get to most of them. Moreover their drops are too rare (<1%) for their spawntimers. In Legion rares were almost instant spawns. You just opened your world map, looked up which rares were up for the day and smashed them. It was not time consuming at all. It did not feel time consuming. Now if you're a collector, you have to camp their spawns again. Just like a decade ago.

Congratulations, Blizzard. In your endless pursuit of MAU and /played metrics, you regressed to 2013 game design.
    If you have the "rares" spawn often then they're not rares at all, they're just named mobs, exactly as they've been since Pandaria ... nothing rare about them, except for some drops.

Same thing with treasures. Just because they call it that and have them everywhere and most of them give trash doesn't make them treasures.

Having them spawning less often is fine, that way they're actually rare. They could use a fade it timer, yes. Maybe becom active 2 minutes after they spawn.

As for the pvp in Nazjatar ... that's the worst that it has ever been. Having pvp there is awesome and all but it's completely trashed by shard hopping. Pvp not active on your shard, hop, your shard losing, hop. And it's for the most part just shards where 1 faction is completely dominating, as people hop off when they're losing.
    I wouldn't call than fun content.
    Last edited by Firedemon; 2019-06-30 at 04:37 PM.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    I find it really funny that people hate pathfinder and in doing so, i imagine prefer the old way of obtaining flying, where you'd play the AH for days or do 2-3 weeks worth of daily quests just to get the gold to buy your slow ass 60% mount speed flying mount or whatever it used to be.

Yeah.... i'll take pathfinder any day over crippling my account monetarily for 3 weeks.
    2-3 weeks worth of daily quests or play AH? Are we even playing the same game? Money for flying was easily obtainable, I had more than enough by the time I hit max level when I started playing in MoP. People that played since the start should have a looooooot of money by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    2-3 weeks worth of daily quests or play AH? Are we even playing the same game? Money for flying was easily obtainable, I had more than enough by the time I hit max level when I started playing in MoP. People that played since the start should have a looooooot of money by now.
    mop is a different story compared to tbc and wotlk and even cataclysm.

Holy shit, are we really at the point where we want to have rares up 100% of the time? That word doesn't mean what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Holy shit, are we really at the point where we want to have rares up 100% of the time? That word doesn't mean what you think it means.
    Rares up often and lower drop chance on items, but farmable multiple times a day (Timeless Isle rares) - meh, but fine
    rares up less often and high drop chance on vanity in them? (original rares) - fine by me.

rares up less often and low chance for items in them on a daily lockout? NOT FINE.
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-06-30 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Rares up often and lower drop chance on items, but farmable multiple times a day (Timeless Isle rares) - meh, but fine
    rares up less often and high drop chance on vanity in them? (original rares) - fine by me.

rares up less often and low chance for items in them on a daily lockout? NOT FINE.
    Wait, dayli lockout? Is that true. So you cant even camp farm mechagon or nazsjatar rares?

Btw the only way rares should work; Up a lot, lower drop %, or up less but high drop %.

Today in raid group I camped rustfeather with 25-30 other ppl..We all looted it as it spwaned, NO MOUNT DROP! insane.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Ashina View Post
    Most complaints always come down to people playing 15h per day complaining they ran out of things to do or things not being as convenient as possible (rare spawns).
    I've logged in, done the WQs that are up, done the quests that the fish goblins give you in Nazjatar and I'm done in like 30-60 minutes depending how actively I'm going for it. Then I go to Mechagon, try to get some rep and see that there is absolutely nothing to do there. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Can't get reputation there. There is no way to get reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    If you have the "rares" spawn often then they're not rares at all, they're just named mobs, exactly as they've been since Pandaria ... nothing rare about them, except for some drops.

Same thing with treasures. Just because they call it that and have them everywhere and most of them give trash doesn't make them treasures.

Having them spawning less often is fine, that way they're actually rare. They could use a fade it timer, yes. Maybe becom active 2 minutes after they spawn.

As for the pvp in Nazjatar ... that's the worst that it has ever been. Having pvp there is awesome and all but it's completely trashed by shard hopping. Pvp not active on your shard, hop, your shard losing, hop. And it's for the most part just shards where 1 faction is completely dominating, as people hop off when they're losing.
    I wouldn't call than fun content.
    I feel like old school rares just do not work in the current system anymore. Back in the day you may have spent days trying to even see a TLPD, but if you did see it and manage to kill it, you were actually rewarded for it. And if you saw it dead, you knew that it would not be up for a long, long time and could do other things.
    But now? Now you can wait for ages in the hopes that some of those rares might actually spawn, only to be phased to different shards multiple times while waiting. Heck, today I waited for one to spawn, engaged it, got it to half hp on my own since no one else was about - and the game had the audacity to phase me out mid fight, all for naught. And even if I killed it, most likely it wouldn't have dropped the item anyway.

Back then, rares felt special, and some like the spirit beasts and TLPD felt like a bit of an adventure in and of themselves. But today's rares are just oversized named mobs with special drops that you have to farm over and over again. They are not adventures, they are timesinking chores, which might just bug you out completely. Old style rares just don't really work with sharding imho, and low drop rate high spawn timer ones don't work especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    I feel like old school rares just do not work in the current system anymore. Back in the day you may have spent days trying to even see a TLPD, but if you did see it and manage to kill it, you were actually rewarded for it. And if you saw it dead, you knew that it would not be up for a long, long time and could do other things.
    But now? Now you can wait for ages in the hopes that some of those rares might actually spawn, only to be phased to different shards multiple times while waiting. Heck, today I waited for one to spawn, engaged it, got it to half hp on my own since no one else was about - and the game had the audacity to phase me out mid fight, all for naught. And even if I killed it, most likely it wouldn't have dropped the item anyway.

Back then, rares felt special, and some like the spirit beasts and TLPD felt like a bit of an adventure in and of themselves. But today's rares are just oversized named mobs with special drops that you have to farm over and over again. They are not adventures, they are timesinking chores, which might just bug you out completely. Old style rares just don't really work with sharding imho, and low drop rate high spawn timer ones don't work especially.
    Well yes, low drop + high spawn does not work, that would be absurd. Making the drop 100% with the spawn rates of like WoD rares would be fine imo. That if they do something to the excessive sharding like put a timer before you can switch shards again and definitely don't pull you out randomly, especially while in combat.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

I think it's outright insane that people are defending standing and waiting for 40 minutes for a mob to spawn good gameplay. Yes i know, "Bbbbbut it's called rare in the tooltip, that must mean something or my life makes no sense"

Calm down. As the patch ages, the timers will come down /thread
    This cat scratches free.

If neither Mechagon or Jazjatar are enjoyable for you right now - then WoW is NOT your game.

I don't expect they will last more than a month or two - but right now, they tick all the boxes that a WoW patch could possibly tick.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, this is the epitome of the community getting what it asked for, but not realizing they didn’t truly want it all along. If there was ever a point where “you think you do but you don’t” was accurate, it’s situations like this.

The community begged for rares to be rare again. I saw masses genuinely asking for this for some time. Since Legion, when rares would practically spawn again on top of you, at least. Now we get that, and it’s a horrible thing, haha.

For me personally, their change to the number of rares needed for the quest (dropping it to 1 instead of 3) makes the spawn timers okay. I was never fussed by Legion-style rares to begin with, though. That change also confirms Blizzards intention on keeping this format, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    Still completing a checklist just now the list is hidden so you can read it.
    Yep. It makes a difference and forces you to look at the game rather than your UI. More of the game should be like this to be honest.