Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    took me a while to find again, but here it is:

https://imgur.com/FX4poT6
    I vaguely remember seeing that...oh god
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

i never get why this little whore is the commander of horde actions and „face of horde“ aka commanding representation. this is so horrible bad writing, because the horde i once played, would kill this honorless sucker in an eye blink.

sylvanas, and „follow the warchief“ is one thing. but i can count 20-40 horde characters from horde lore, between 1995-2015, in 20 seconds, that surely not start some honorless actions just because this little bitch tells em. they had makgora‘d him after 10 seconds.

this is so laughable bad story telling that blizz wanna sell us that the horde would ever take that bitch serious. its just horrible bad writing of „the new horde“ aka „the brainless and evil idiots“. sad....

I dont mind Nathanos that much. He treats the PC like you're still the nobody random adventurer he met in the plaguelands who would literally dig through poop if someone gave you the change in their pockets. Feels like he still remembers you're just a psycho hobo and no amount of other npcs sucking your dick is gonna change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockus Maximus View Post
    Nathanos is one of my favorite characters in WoW. I guess I'm the only one? I just wish Sylvanas gets killed off already so he can lead the Forsaken along with Lilian Voss.
    that character is so stupidly written, he would kill himself (or better: he had to kill himself), if his beloved queen dies.

7+ Year Old Account
    because he is now Danouser self insert and boy toy of sylvanus

the face of the horde who once was orcs, trolls and taurens is hijacked and now consist of dead races like dead high elves, and some of then from the opposite faction, like dead humans and dead night elves, what a time to be alive to have classic to go for.

10+ Year Old Account
    he is way over his head tbh, i don't understand why someone who fucked titans tolerate a mere undead hunter
    but i admit he at least make story interesting, i like to dislike him, he is asshole who we enjoy hating on him, after exp of everyone kissing my ass on any character, it is nice to find a change, but seriously doesn't he know who is he talking to ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Because he's going to replace Sylvanas as the leader of the Forsaken maybe? That or they just have no one else.

10+ Year Old Account
    FFS, I hate nathanos, a LOT. And I mean A LOT.

But saying that he is a self insert character, a gary stu or whatever is just plain boring and IMO, not true.

First the self insert part, he does not look like the guy, and he definitely does not the same personality as the guy, otherwise the guy would be in jail. How can he be a self insert if he does not behave like the guy or look like the guy!

Now to the gary stu part... He is powerful but not the most powerful character, he has flaws, he is hated by a lot of other character that we are supposed to relate, I mean, he is a borderline villain. There is no way in hell that he is a a Mary sue.

He is just one of the writer's favorite character, now that is a problem, but saying that he is a mary sue/self insert is pretty wrong IMO.

The problem that I have with the dude is that he is overused and has plot armor for days. I mean, it would be okay if he was one of the quest givers, but does he need to be ALL of the quest givers? He has way too much presence in the story.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    That doesn't make him equivalent to the most powerful Druid on Azeroth, or the avatar of a literal God, let alone both at the same time.
    Technically he is THE best human/forsaken Hunter in the entire game. To be the only human to earn the rank "Ranger Lord" is something. He was also admitted into the Farstriders. That is how much high regard the elves had for his ability. He isn't a pushover.

With that being said... I hate him so much and I hope we get to kill him PERMANENTLY. Arrogant whelp.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    You don't even see Sylvanas, it's just always Nathanos chiding you and saying he'll pass on messages to her.
    Even Garrosh was rarely on the field himself. Nathanos is the Warchief's right-hand man, and so he delegates her orders. You already put it well yourself: he's the middle man.

Worth pointing out that Saurfang has been painted as the face of the Horde much more than Nathanos, whose entire character seems to be built around furthering the impression that Sylvanas isn't a nice person. You're not exactly supposed to like him.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I've been finally levelling up a Hordie, to follow the story there too (as Alliance side seems somewhat lacking)

On the Alliance campaign we see a lot of the new leaders, we follow Jaina too obviously, and a lot of the action is all split between other C-List characters. We also get to see Nathanos popping up here and there, punking us and then running off mostly.

For the Horde side though, we get a couple of Rexar and Thalyssra quests but it's just pretty much Nathanos bloody everywhere. You can't get away from him. It seemed to have happened at Legion some time. You don't even see Sylvanas, it's just always Nathanos chiding you and saying he'll pass on messages to her.

Are many on the Horde side sick of him? His snidey remarks were funny at first but now he just comes across like some self-important middle manager.

(Also, NGL, I've been Alliance since Vanilla and I'll confess over the past month or so playing on Horde the Alliance seem like FAR bigger assholes in regards to ganking and griefing)
    We all know Nath is gonna die most likely in 8.3 or 9.0
    Zandalari and other horde but forsaken hate him..Sylvanas uses him as a puppet. His time is coming to an end.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by calathiel- View Post
    Technically he is THE best human/forsaken Hunter in the entire game. To be the only human to earn the rank "Ranger Lord" is something. He was also admitted into the Farstriders. That is how much high regard the elves had for his ability. He isn't a pushover.

With that being said... I hate him so much and I hope we get to kill him PERMANENTLY. Arrogant whelp.
    Being good with a bow and being a good tracker doesn't put you on the level of most powerful Druid on Azeroth, or the chosen avatar of a literal God, let alone both at the same time.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Kinda hilarious that Malfurion facerolled Saurfang but he could not kill Nathanos with Tyrande's help. Wasn't he just on the same level as Genn not long before that?
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2019-06-28 at 06:03 AM.

Because he is obsessed with and in love with Sylvanas just like every player that bitched about the recent Baine cinematic.

That's the point. He's sylvanas's henchman. Dear god you guys lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    The term Mary Sue/Marty Stu has been overused and is even arguable against canonical characters as a concept.

...Nathanos Blightcaller is the exception to this.
    u do know that mary sue is most beloved perfect character, even Sylvanas is tsundere love with him, rest of world either want him dead or won't give a f8ck if he dies, literally
    i can't name even a 2nd character who will fight for him
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I agree. He is basically nobody pulled out of nowhere but we are expected to obey him for some unknown reason. I remember first seeing him at Voljin funeral and thinking 'who the heck are you' and boom, the next thing he commands us as warchief.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    this forum usage of mary sue.....

"if i hate this character, then it is a mary sue"

Nathanos is not even close to being mary sue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    I agree. He is basically nobody pulled out of nowhere but we are expected to obey him for some unknown reason. I remember first seeing him at Voljin funeral and thinking 'who the heck are you' and boom, the next thing he commands us as warchief.
    you obey him because the warchief demanded that you do so, thats how military ranks work?

Well, I don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Poor guy makes a joke about Nathanos and "looking into a Dark Mirror" because that's the name of the short story in which Nathanos got his new body and everyone suddenly has to jump on the bandwagon of "SELF INSERT" just because the guy had two cringe tweets.

Also keep in mind his soul was basically transferred into his cousin's body, who was said to look very similar to Nathanos before he died too. Or his cousin's body was used to revitalize his, whichever.
    Thing is, at the same time, he is the one who wrote the "Dark Mirror" short story.

While doing the Broken Shote scenario the 1st time, upon seeing him I tought : "Cool, Nathanos is back and he's got a human Dark Ranger model".

A while after I read Dark Mirror : "Hmm so thats why he looks better now, not a bad story, at least we still have some Forsaken that that still see their state as a temporary passing and not themselves as superior undead master race/undeath is awesome..."

But now yeah, he is everywhere and soloing everything...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by calathiel- View Post

Technically it was not hard for him to be the best human/forsaken hunter, for he simply was the only one for a loooong time. And he was still killed by the Scourge and raised as mindless zombie #98764
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"