Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Nathanos is a dick, but honestly I like his character

He is Sylvanas' champion, right hand and enforcer of her will and plans so yes he should be at the front for this expansion until it is concluded.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    that character is so stupidly written, he would kill himself (or better: he had to kill himself), if his beloved queen dies.
    I've actually read a "leak" somewhere that I kinda liked: apparently he will see Sylvanas for what she is (a servant of N'Zoth) and somehow trap her with N'Zoth or something along those lines. It sounded more like a fan theory than an actual leak to be honest, but the idea of him being the one to finally step up to her appealed to me and I hope that he ends up saving us from her. Personally, I'd rather her go off and make her own faction with Xal'Atath/N'Zoth and the Void gang, while Nathanos and Lilian can continue leading the Forsaken loyal to the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockus Maximus View Post
    I've actually read a "leak" somewhere that I kinda liked: apparently he will see Sylvanas for what she is (a servant of N'Zoth) and somehow trap her with N'Zoth or something along those lines. It sounded more like a fan theory than an actual leak to be honest, but the idea of him being the one to finally step up to her appealed to me and I hope that he ends up saving us from her. Personally, I'd rather her go off and make her own faction with Xal'Atath/N'Zoth and the Void gang, while Nathanos and Lilian can continue leading the Forsaken loyal to the Horde.
    yeah, that would be even a nice plot. something like this could rehabilitate that character. but if it ends as just being sylvis whore, and then fade away, would be very disappointing.

It's cause of that 'stache.

I don't hate him that much, for a Forsaken who originally was a ranger who went and did things alone, his personality is not that badly written. No matter how much he downtalks the player. It fits specificly him a lot. I'd expect similar behaviour of any of the dark rangers.

His power from his new body is nothing special, his old body fell appart, so they took his nephew who looked like him, then shoved Nathanos' soul into that body while tossing out his nephew. Then Val'kyr magic locked him in his current state.

His skill is good, but he should not come close to any actual dark ranger, Sylvanas or farstrider who have trained for hundreds if not thousands of years. Let alone Tyrande or Shandris. He was unique in being accepted, because he was one of the very few who actually understood and lived by the elven codes rather then being an obnoxious human. And was it not for Sylvanas' championing him he still never would have been accepted considering the anger the elves felt towards humans after what humans showed in terms of arcane power which was the elves 'secret weapon'.

His survival against Malfurion and Tyrande should have come with far far greater cost then it did. But, would the forsaken player base ever accepted such a situation? Would it have made more sense if we actually had Sylvanas jump in there?

But, I don't see him as the face of the horde. I see him as the face of devotion to Sylvanas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Sylvanas has laid out her plans pretty clearly. There are three major arms:

1. The Horde will not survive while the Alliance exists. The goal of the Horde is to divide Alliance races and nations to "make peace with" each individually. Making peace with might in some cases involve "killing until they cannot try to genocide the Horde anymore" but such is life. The Horde never would have banded together for survival if not for being enslaved and genocided, the Horde has no choice but to fight as the alternative is extermination.

2. The Forsaken have a right to life... err... undeath. Every other race is reproducing, having new babies every day. The undead cannot do this, so they must continue raising new bodies to prevent being genocided out of existence.

3. The Void/True Death god is scary. Sylvanas went there and managed to come back. She either can't or won't explain what she learned there, but she wants to prevent people from being sent there. It is possible that becoming undead is the only way not to be trapped there for all eternity.
    1. Yet she hides that the horde will do the same once the alliance has been 'beaten'. Once they have nothing to unite against, they too will fall appart, fighting among themselves. And I think she knows that well enough. That is why she has no reason to actually care for the horde other then to make sure enough are alive, to make into more forsaken once the time comes. Her reasoning to the horde leaders that the Horde will never have a lasting peace with the alliance is probably the biggest lie she told, but the most effective one as it's the one most easy to believe for them despite what happened during Legion.

2. Her goal is to make most of the alliance into forsaken. Anything else is a threat to her personally and she is scared shitless of dying.

3. Sylvanas died, but it's unsure if what she saw, was her actual fate. Of all long term plotpoints is her death upon Saronite one of the strongest indications that all her actions since then, have been motivated by old god manipulation. However there is a chance that Sylvanas has found out through her bargain with Helya. That is assuming Helya didn't already work for the old gods herself. If Helya already was an old gods minion, then the aid of the Val'kyr is easier to explain.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

He's human. Humans will always have the spotlight, Horde or Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Horde main, I'm pretty sick of him to be honest. Everything he does is for himself and his beloved queen, not the Horde despite hiim always saying it is. When we crashed into Nazjatar he didn't even care for the wounded he went off to do his own thing and left you, the player, to help the injured and regroup with the other. He just disappears after that.

So fuck him. He is not the face of the Horde, Baine is. I hope he becomes our next Warchief.

nathanos is the face of the minions of sylvanas!

All I know is that I created a PUG raid group in Vanilla to kill him in EPL.

This guy isn't Nathanos Blightcaller. He's DEAD-dead, and this imposter is likely a dreadlord.