Community vs FFXIV

So I’m trying to decide between 8.2 or Shadowbringers. As I’m looking into how both communities are receiving their respective content updates, I couldn’t help but notice how negative and angsty the WoW community is compared to FFXIV’s. Why is this?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I found it rather interesting before I went to bed that "Goodbye Stormblood" was trending on my twitter. When was the last time WoW fans have actually had a reaction to an expansion ending before? Like for the one that's gone, not the one that's coming.

Honestly I think part of the problem is for whatever reason WoW fans at some point became conditioned to hate the game and to hate Blizzard, but still keep playing.

Also 100% chance this thread is closed.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically, you have a bunch of vengeful exes stirring shit for weird reasons.

Just shrug and move on, really.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Basically, you have a bunch of vengeful exes stirring shit from weird reasons.

Just shrug and move on, really.
    See it's not vengeful exes. I see a lot of this same stuff in game, both retail and the stress tests for Classic.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    This is inevitably going to become a game vs. game thread and so will be closed.

Advice for the OP: For community, check out the forums and see how people behave and how people view the game. For the game itself, check out whatever sources you can find and decide based on your own preferences. We can't tell you what you will and won't like or enjoy.

Closed.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."