Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    19,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    I know reading comprehension isn't your strong point so I will clarify what he is saying.

    He either WINS in a stomp i.e., 3000 - 0 OR LOSES to 3000 - 0 (gets stomped).

    So, one sided battle, but in his experience is that he wins half the time, loses the other half, and it is a *one* sided battle in either scenario.

    Alright?
    Yeah welcome to PvP. When one side gets a quick lead the other side loses moral.

    Normally in a BG you either then just let them win, or keep trying casus its all you can do.

    But because its a whole zone, people see horde cap 3 places instantly then go... "Well fuck... I guess I better just go kill some mobs."
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so its a 1 sided battle... where you win half the time?
    thats sounds like a 2 sided battle...
    The odds of winning vs the every individual battle being "one-sided" does not mean the same thing nor contradict each other. One day I am going to find a comment where you are correct but damn, you make it hard..

  3. #23
    I've been trying for close to a week now to even get a chance to do the world quest part, every day, every 3 hours, stupid pve event instead.
    I am constantly placed in 1 of 2 shards, about 90% of the time shards absolutely dominated by alliance or the other 10% of the time shards where i will see maybe 1 other player the entire time i spend in nazjatar doing the dailies.It's frustrating and makes me wonder why i even bother.

  4. #24
    I mean you just join a group that is winning and that's it. I don't think anyone actually loses the Battle of Nazjatar except for people who happen to be on a shard when it starts and are not interested because they've already done it for the day. If you are clearly losing, you just hop to a different start.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yes but actually no View Post
    I've been trying for close to a week now to even get a chance to do the world quest part, every day, every 3 hours, stupid pve event instead.
    I am constantly placed in 1 of 2 shards, about 90% of the time shards absolutely dominated by alliance or the other 10% of the time shards where i will see maybe 1 other player the entire time i spend in nazjatar doing the dailies.It's frustrating and makes me wonder why i even bother.
    Go to custom 1-2 minutes before the event starts, type Battle, join the largest raid you see.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  5. #25
    Yesterday I took part in my very first battle for Nazjatar event.

    Managed to cap one tower while killing 3-4 allies. Most of the hordies left for other spots while me and 2 others remained behind to prevent those random alliance players recapturing the tower.

    All of a sudden 40-alliance raid swoops in and zergs us. Hordies couldn't cap other towers so I assume there was a similar situation at every tower.

    Lost 3000 to 200.

    Never doing it again unless I will have to.

    Looking for a working online signature generator .....

  6. #26
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    437
    Does it happen during the day? I only catch the daily reset one.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Does it happen during the day? I only catch the daily reset one.
    Every three hours in a balanced shard. You are bound to find at least one shard that has it up AND your side is winning.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Go to custom 1-2 minutes before the event starts, type Battle, join the largest raid you see.

    I've actually tried that a few times and not had any success so far, always ended up the pve event or the sign up expiring/delisted. I wanted the 500 rep for my last part of exalted at the time and i'm now almost half way to paragon chest and still haven't seen it.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes but actually no View Post
    I've actually tried that a few times and not had any success so far, always ended up the pve event or the sign up expiring/delisted. I wanted the 500 rep for my last part of exalted at the time and i'm now almost half way to paragon chest and still haven't seen it.
    Weird, I've honestly done this almost every day succesfully. EU or NA?
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Weird, I've honestly done this almost every day succesfully. EU or NA?
    EU, i had no problems the first week but in total i think i've saw about 4 or 5 battles max since 8.2 launched.

    Finally got one 30 min ago
    Last edited by Yes but actually no; 2019-07-18 at 07:29 PM.

  11. #31
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    437
    Player versus Player

    The start time for the Battle of Nazjatar is no longer fixed to a 3-hour interval. The delay between events now has random variance.
    Developers’ note: As players have learned the timing of the event over the course of Rise of Azshara, increasingly the perceived optimal way to participate is to camp the control points in advance of the start time. By adding some variance (which still averages out to a 3-hour interval), we hope to make the Battle for Nazjatar more dynamic without reducing the overall frequency of the event.
    Nice one, Blizzard

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Nice one, Blizzard
    A change was necessary, but "precapping" the 5 points is not what kills the event - shard hopping is. Just read this thread right here. Almost nobody complaines that one faction can gather around the 5 control points at xx:59 and win when the clock dings.

    This particular change is just as lazy and poorly thought out as the original event.

    Here is what will happen:
    1) Players without the battle-debuff will look for a shard where the event starts
    2) Horde VASTLY outnumbers the Alliance at any given time in any given content up to a 10:1 ratio
    3) The one shard that begins will be joined by MUCH more Horde than Alliance
    4) Horde wins. Every time. Simply because they have so many more bodies to throw in
    5) Alliance will stop playing the event

    The result will be that there is hardly any change at all for the Horde. They will join groups to win and have a hard time to find any Alliance to flag for the reward.
    As Alliance, though, you will never win. On live, all of the shards start at the same time. Since all players want a shard where they have no chance of losing the Horde will quickly clump up on ~80% of them...leaving the other 20% for Alliance to join and win. When only one shard starts up at any given time the faction with more bodies will always win this one shard. And this faction will always be the Horde.

    So, again, change was necessary - but this particular change is lazy, poorly thought out and the only result will be less participation.

    The "right" change would have been an effort to actually balance the shards. But since there are 4times more Horde this would have made it harder for Blizzard to pamper their favourite faction. So let's just hand them the victory every single time.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-10-22 at 11:13 PM.

  13. #33
    Legendary! callipygoustp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    6,657
    Player versus Player

    The start time for the Battle of Nazjatar is no longer fixed to a 3-hour interval. The delay between events now has random variance.
    Developers’ note: As players have learned the timing of the event over the course of Rise of Azshara, increasingly the perceived optimal way to participate is to camp the control points in advance of the start time. By adding some variance (which still averages out to a 3-hour interval), we hope to make the Battle for Nazjatar more dynamic without reducing the overall frequency of the event.
    As if pre-camping control points was the issue. The issue is the ridiculously horrible balancing and/or over population of shards during the event. God forbid they (1)actually work to balance populations when the event happens and (2) manage populations such that it doesn't take 10seconds to fire an insta-cast spell/ability. Noooooo, let's make start time random. I may be off on this, but, I suspect the only effect the random start time will have will be less participation in the event due to players not being aware of when the battle is actually happening.

  14. #34
    Oh wow just learned this while the 9:00 battle did not start at all. Well it was broken making pre groups but now nobody will sit in nazjatar for hours just for one event to show up. It was well spent 10-15min for 50 conquest while waiting for the crate to drop with the assa buff for achievement. Surely will be harder from now on specially with alliance. Glad I'm done with that stuff before changes went live.

  15. #35
    Nazjatar is going to be an empty place now that they "nerfed" the timers on the fights! why? cause people QQ all the time that they lose in an mmo while being solo playing! go in the damn LFG - PVP- CUSTOM and look for battle groups >.>
    With this change blizz messed up alt lvling and gearing more than they can even imagine ......

  16. #36
    The concept is good, but it just doesn't work with realm hopping. Whoever worked on it and did not see this coming should just quit their job.

    A better idea would have been to make it instanced like Wintergraps was at some point. Every 3 hours you get to queue and be placed in an instanced version of it. Max players 40 vs 40 or 80 vs 80 per instance, filled in a 1 to 1 ratio.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

  17. #37
    Pandaren Monk Tyrannica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    1,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    The concept is good, but it just doesn't work with realm hopping. Whoever worked on it and did not see this coming should just quit their job.

    A better idea would have been to make it instanced like Wintergraps was at some point. Every 3 hours you get to queue and be placed in an instanced version of it. Max players 40 vs 40 or 80 vs 80 per instance, filled in a 1 to 1 ratio.

    But realm hopping is the only way alliance can hope to win this, due to either the sheer outnumbering faction that horde is, even with are more limited design, like only 80vs80 per instance, horde still has more pvp expierence on average. The streamers on ravencrest seversplaying alliance make little difference.(won't leave arenas ever anyways)

    This is just how it is, wintergraps had powersbuffs in stacks for the outnumbered faction and i think ashran had some hidden buffs stats for the faction that lost more often,too.

    That battle is just a gimmick, and pvp designers if there are really any left, should concentrate way more on random bgs, it accessability and reward structure.....(especially reward structure.....)

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    But realm hopping is the only way alliance can hope to win this, due to either the sheer outnumbering faction that horde is, even with are more limited design, like only 80vs80 per instance, horde still has more pvp expierence on average. The streamers on ravencrest seversplaying alliance make little difference.(won't leave arenas ever anyways)

    This is just how it is, wintergraps had powersbuffs in stacks for the outnumbered faction and i think ashran had some hidden buffs stats for the faction that lost more often,too.

    That battle is just a gimmick, and pvp designers if there are really any left, should concentrate way more on random bgs, it accessability and reward structure.....(especially reward structure.....)
    Funny how the last 5+ time I saw the event active it was completely dominated by alliance and still somehow, alliance are the ones struggling, when in reality is a case by case experience.

    At least even numbers on each side will ensure that there is equal participation of players who are least interested and not just afk on the map.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    Funny how the last 5+ time I saw the event active it was completely dominated by alliance and still somehow, alliance are the ones struggling, when in reality is a case by case experience.

    At least even numbers on each side will ensure that there is equal participation of players who are least interested and not just afk on the map.
    Of course that would be ideal - but you know why they broke that up for Wintergrasp? Because Horde was whining they could not get in. That's the simple truth. Endgame gameplay is ~80% Horde. And the Horde is also generally more PvP-interested on average. So the numbers just don't fly, when more than 50% of the players who would want to play the event simply cannot get in.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •