Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I really genuinely do not understand how people can still argue about how long it'll take to hit 60 as if private servers have not existed for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    When you can charge 150 a person and take 2 people through at a time with a tank and a healer. That is 100g for 45 minutes.
    And I can find at least 1 BL in 45 minutes easily, with some spawn luck it's more like 2-4.

Plus there's no chance of wasting time on bads.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

realisticly ...for classic players Dire Maul will be around longer than it isn't...or do ya'll think classic is going to be a perpetual cycle of reverting back to day 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    If you're playing an mmo a few hours a month and find that worth your time or money

You quite frankly have no taste

That is just such a weird way to spend ones time. RPing ok. But beyond that you just don't have the time for an MMO. The good stuff is time gated you're paying for the most sub par AAA gaming experience on the market at that point.
    I like the game, and I play efficiently when I do, I've raided mythic in the past on a 4h/week schedule, and there was maybe another hour or two dedicated to doing the weekly M+10. You being poor and having to spend tons of time ingame to reach the 'real' endgame doesn't matter.

$15 a month is nothing, even for people with below average wealth - if you don't have that much to spare every month, perhaps you should focus more on improving your overall life instead of putting supposedly much more than the 'required minimum' of 10h per week on WoW?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    realisticly ...for classic players Dire Maul will be around longer than it isn't...or do ya'll think classic is going to be a perpetual cycle of reverting back to day 1
    Something is definitely going to happen once Naxxramas is reached. Either the servers die down, are ported to TBC or further development, or they make new servers like every private server with a scheduled release cycle has done. For the average player, DM will be around for about half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I like the game, and I play efficiently when I do, I've raided mythic in the past on a 4h/week schedule, and there was maybe another hour or two dedicated to doing the weekly M+10. You being poor and having to spend tons of time ingame to reach the 'real' endgame doesn't matter.

$15 a month is nothing, even for people with below average wealth - if you don't have that much to spare every month, perhaps you should focus more on improving your overall life instead of putting supposedly much more than the 'required minimum' of 10h per week on WoW?
    Yea but you front loaded some time to do that content.

As all MMO players do, even the casuals

Now retail may have cut the time needed to prep for mythic raiding, but it has to take some time investment. You're telling me you didn't front load some of it so you and your guild could start raiding fast?

You played 4 hours a week every week flat? No variance/ I don't believe u

Quote Originally Posted by Xciting View Post
    As a guy with 4.5k posts on a shit forum, probably wouldn't go around calling other people no life nerds
    4.5k posts in 8 ish years, or about 1.5 posts a day, and the average post takes maybe two minutes to write? Yeah, true no life MMO-C nerd.

Brave of you to hide behind an extra account though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    Yea but you front loaded some time to do that content.

As all MMO players do, even the casuals

Now retail may have cut the time needed to prep for mythic raiding, but it has to take some time investment. You're telling me you didn't front load some of it so you and your guild could start raiding fast?

You played 4 hours a week every week flat? No variance/ I don't believe u
    Yeah, obviously a guild with a 4h/week (ie one raid per week) schedule isn't going to be very hectic. Goal oriented and focused and treating the scheduled time as if we were all individual adults (ie nobody's late, everyone's prepared), but no stress. Tactics and similar was handled during the raid or outside if you wanted to. Obviously higher ranking members spent more time managing the guild and checking tactics, but it was 1-2 guys out of the ~25 of us.

Yes, I played more during launch, for about a week or two - during which I probably averaged 20h or so per week, but after that it was the 4-6h/week schedule.

I don't need you to believe me, I'm just saying you need some perspective outside of your man cave.

Yeah, obviously a guild with a 4h/week (ie one raid per week) schedule isn't going to be very hectic. Goal oriented and focused and treating the scheduled time as if we were all individual adults (ie nobody's late, everyone's prepared), but no stress. Tactics and similar was handled during the raid or outside if you wanted to. Obviously higher ranking members spent more time managing the guild and checking tactics, but it was 1-2 guys out of the ~25 of us.

Yes, I played more during launch, for about a week or two - during which I probably averaged 20h or so per week, but after that it was the 4-6h/week schedule.

I don't need you to believe me, I'm just saying you need some perspective outside of your man cave.
    4h/week is enough to clear AQ40+Naxx, or AQ40+BWL+MC, just depends on the preparation.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    4h/week is enough to clear AQ40+Naxx, or AQ40+BWL+MC, just depends on the preparation.
    Yeah Vanilla requires a lot of grind though, so it might be 4h of raiding a week but it isn't even close to just 4h of playing a week, unless you buy all of your mats (in which case someone else is just doing those hours for you).

Yeah Vanilla requires a lot of grind though, so it might be 4h of raiding a week but it isn't even close to just 4h of playing a week, unless you buy all of your mats (in which case someone else is just doing those hours for you).
    Yeah ofc. There's no way you can just log for raids in vanilla unless you have everything ready on your banks, which just means that you've done your preparation ahead of time.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Or anyone with Auction addon and Azeroth Auto Pilot

- - - Updated - - -

Double gathering and sell everything or enchanter.

And who is going to buy that stuff early on when only very few people who also are saving for epic mounts are level 60?

Auchion house, is not a very good way to earn gold early on, cause people dont got a lot of gold yet, so prices are low, and people are poor from buying skills and then saving for epic mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnVruwCeLJs

It's not possible to do in 1.12. Stuff is different, and there are fuckton more players around so it's gonna be next to impossible to AoE grind.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUtdkqbAOzE

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    > rushing to cap in vanilla

Jesus what's the point of even playing it then

Gotta build that bank bro

Get dem layering mats

WORLD PVP PHASE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

4.5k posts in 8 ish years, or about 1.5 posts a day, and the average post takes maybe two minutes to write? Yeah, true no life MMO-C nerd.

Brave of you to hide behind an extra account though.

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said the last time you quoted me, MMO champ changed their forums and I didn't want to continue my existing account because this forum is full of spastics like yourself.

You clearly make multiple posts all day, every day... trying to not look like a pathetic cunt who posts all day by averaging it out over 8 years doesn't help

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    4500 isn't that many, and if it's such a shit forum, why are you here?

And OP, you're probably going to have to wait until phase 2 then
    I get baited by the new post threads on the main page

Quote Originally Posted by The-loon View Post
    That's not viable for AoE grinding, there are ranged mobs as well. Yea, there seems to be really fast respawn rate, but that doesn't really mean squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Xciting View Post
    Like I said the last time you quoted me, MMO champ changed their forums and I didn't want to continue my existing account because this forum is full of spastics like yourself.

You clearly make multiple posts all day, every day... trying to not look like a pathetic cunt who posts all day by averaging it out over 8 years doesn't help
    Look, you being awful at math doesn't have anything to do with you being so obviously offended by what I said. Nor does your non-existent excuse mean you aren't still hiding behind a new account.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Um, wut?

27th August to 1st Jan is 127 days.

If you played 6 hours a day, and we are kidding ourselves if we honestly think that there won't be people playing more than that, it'd mean you'd take just over 19 days real time to match the world record. Some people will pull 12 hour/day playtimes, and just as we have seen from expansion launches, others will even do 18h+ playtimes. It's ridiculous to think nobody will be 60 within 127 days.

It took me 6~ days for my second 60, which works at 24 days if we do 6 hour playtimes.
    Lets say the average is 10 days for people who knew what they were doing, if they play 3 hours a day it'll take them 80 days real time to get to 60, that's mid November.
    "It took me 6 days for my second 60"
    *SOUND OF RECORD PLAYER SUDDENLY STOPPING*
    lol. What ever He-Man.
    No one is going to come close to the record, its quantifiable by math.
    I have just provided proof on why noone will reach 60 by Jan 1st. The guy who said everyone will has none.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    it didn't take me that long to get to 60 as a completely new player knowing nothing about the game or mmorpgs in general. You've lost your mind if you think world first will take more than a week.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no case where it would matter. Getting combat flagged interrupts mounting automatically.
    I never said that. I said noone will reach 60. If you actually read the whole thing you will realise how much of an idiot you are.

- - - Updated - - -

People will be well into the Molten Core by 2020.
    2020 is pretty long. Some say it is 1 year long. I see people doing MC by Dec 2020

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    You do realize that 116 hours is like 1 hour a day for rest of the year?

- - - Updated - - -

Not without account sharing, no. That would take well over 16 hours a day for whole week.

Or well, I guess it could be possible solo as well. As long as you literally do nothing else than eat, sleep and level up as efficiently as possible. Though I very much doubt "plenty" of people will do that. Seems pretty stupid to even do that anyway seeing there's barely anything to do end game wise in the launch.
    It sure is. I don't see how this changes the fact that noone will be 60 by NYE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There are people who hit 60 in like 2 and a half days, what the hell are you on?
    What the hell are you on. Did you actually read the whole post or did you just see a snippet of stuff you dont like and roared into fucking action?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I am returning and I will try to be 60 before Christmas IF my computer can run it all.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It sure is. I don't see how this changes the fact that noone will be 60 by NYE.
    Can't change a fact that is not a fact. The fact is there are always some "hardcore" players putting absurd amount of time into the game when something new launches. Few players will be 60 after the first week, a bit more after couple weeks, and a lot after a month. Saying "noone will be 60 by NYE" and making it sound like it's some kind of a fact is just absurd.

You already mentioned the world record of 116 hours in your previous post. There will be players willing to put that 116 hours within the first week. Not many, but they will be there. A lot more will be putting 116 hours in the first two weeks. One month is already doable even if you're not that "hardcore". It's "only" 4 hours a day, which sounds like a lot, but hell I've put more than that back when I was a student.
    Last edited by Jurwi; 2019-07-12 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post

2020 is pretty long. Some say it is 1 year long. I see people doing MC by Dec 2020
    ?

Some people will certainly do MC in Dec2020, but It will be cleared in Jan.

Some people will certainly do MC in Dec2020, but It will be cleared in Jan.
    The question isn't if MC will be cleared in 2019 or 2020. The question is if MC will be cleared the first week or the second week.