Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sgschult View Post
    The question isn't if MC will be cleared in 2019 or 2020. The question is if MC will be cleared the first week or the second week.
    Second week is possible if people are really dedicated and get their Hydraxian Waterlords reputation up in time.

Quote Originally Posted by WintertodtChat View Post
    Second week is possible if people are really dedicated and get their Hydraxian Waterlords reputation up in time.
    There are a lot of people that are going to make the attempt for first week. I wish them luck! It will be hard but based on the math it's theoretically possible. Can't have anything go wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by sgschult View Post
    The question isn't if MC will be cleared in 2019 or 2020. The question is if MC will be cleared the first week or the second week.
    Hydraxian rep might be a bottleneck here. You also kind of need to kill Onyxia 2 times before Rag for necks for tanks.
    Last edited by LazarusLong; 2019-07-12 at 02:49 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Hydraxian rep might be a bottleneck here. You also kind of need to kill Onyxia 2 times before Rag for necks for tanks.
    Hydraxian rep is easy to get if you have a dedicated group, something people pushing for these kind of clears do.
    You only need 1 player to have honored rep. Then you clear the bosses that drops the quest items. Then you send a warlock +2 players to azhara to summon the player(s) with the rep back and forth to get a new quintessence to douse runes.
    The fire resiatance neck you get from onyxia attunement are enough, dont need to kill ony for a good fr neck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    "It took me 6 days for my second 60"
    *SOUND OF RECORD PLAYER SUDDENLY STOPPING*
    lol. What ever He-Man.
    No one is going to come close to the record, its quantifiable by math.
    I have just provided proof on why noone will reach 60 by Jan 1st. The guy who said everyone will has none.

- - - Updated - - -

I never said that. I said noone will reach 60. If you actually read the whole thing you will realise how much of an idiot you are.

- - - Updated - - -

2020 is pretty long. Some say it is 1 year long. I see people doing MC by Dec 2020

- - - Updated - - -

It sure is. I don't see how this changes the fact that noone will be 60 by NYE.

- - - Updated - - -

What the hell are you on. Did you actually read the whole post or did you just see a snippet of stuff you dont like and roared into fucking action?
    First level 60 on my server back in vanilla, hit 60 2 weeks after EU release, he was far from EU first. That you think noone will be level 60 5 months after release is completely rediculous

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    You don't want a mana mount anyway

It's not as bad as a paladin mount. But if some one counter spells your shadow tree....You're not mounting til that spell lock ends
    You mean "till you're out of combat", which affects all mounting anyway?
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by anastacy View Post
    you mean "till you're out of combat", which affects all mounting anyway?
    are you serious?

I went over this already

my god

you can get locked out of your tree for up to 10 seconds, yes that includes after combat

Read the thread my god idiot

lol. What ever He-Man.
    I have just provided proof on why noone will reach 60 by Jan 1st. The guy who said everyone will has none.

- - - Updated - - -

I never said that. I said noone will reach 60. If you actually read the whole thing you will realise how much of an idiot you are.

- - - Updated - - -

2020 is pretty long. Some say it is 1 year long. I see people doing MC by Dec 2020

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

What the hell are you on. Did you actually read the whole post or did you just see a snippet of stuff you dont like and roared into fucking action?
    I guess math isn't your strong suit because even if it took 116 hours to get to 60, that's just 4 hours a day for 2 months. So....people will definitely be 60 long before 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauzi92 View Post
    120hours are 5days of played.

Even with directions you will easily take that long if you are not diehard rushing it.
    And in case you play a slow leveler class you might even take that long when dieharding

The world record is 4d 20h. Let me know you /plaed when you hit 60, will ya?
    That record is old, people have gotten better and faster since then. People have done faster 1-60s on private servers and people have done faster 1-40s on Classic beta than that old record. I think on beta people have done 1-40 in 35 hours and old record was 48 hours or something. People who practiced leveling are significantly faster now than that old record. Even joanna himself was doing a new 1-40 run recently on Beta and he himself was faster than his old time.

Quote Originally Posted by Taenaeris View Post
    Isn't it going to take approximately 120+ hours /played to get to level 60? That's going to take a casual like me some 3+ months (and since I'll probably level both a Warlock and a Druid maybe even some 5+ months).
    Not even close to that. People will be 60 in 4 days maybe less for the crazy speed levelers. Even trying halfway won’t take as long as you people seem to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    are you serious?

I went over this already

my god

you can get locked out of your tree for up to 10 seconds, yes that includes after combat

Read the thread my god idiot
    Who’s going to just counter spell you and let you sit for 10 seconds?
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Who’s going to just counter spell you and let you sit for 10 seconds?
    he does it to spite you because he's gonna die anyway.

edit - felhunter has 8 second one too, it's cancer

I'm actually curious to see how many people will hit the level cap at all. By present day standards the road to level cap is a long one and the experience itself is much harsher. Yes, I know. It's not -hard- but if you compare it to leveling today then there's a definitive step up in difficulty and things you have to take into account. I'm basically assuming a lot of people will give up and quit around ~lvl 30 and even more around 40. I'd estimate only around 10-15% will reach level cap, eventually.

As to answer your actual question regarding the Dreadsteed, you're just going to have to wait for phase 2, as other people have said.

10+ Year Old Account
    You wait, sorry to say, simple as that.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Lol this thread. There seems to be 2 extremes.

The reality will be about half way between.

The hardcore speed runners will do it in 4 to 7 days /played. The fast players 8 to 21days /played. Many players will do it in 22 to 39days /played. Casuals/people who don't care about speed anywhere from 40 days to 3 months /played.

As has been mentioned, gold will be rare in the first few months. Remember aside from the hardcore, the vast majority will be in greens and dungeon blues for months. Meaning those efficient farming spots will be slower than usual.

The game will be easier overall, but it's still going to be a pretty slow pace overall for most players.

Remember for most people, classic is a new experience and although there is tons of data/video's around, that's still different to playing it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    Not even close to that. People will be 60 in 4 days maybe less for the crazy speed levelers. Even trying halfway won’t take as long as you people seem to think.
    The WR on live servers is 4d 20h, it MIGHT be beaten with coordination and focus, but the majority of even fast levellers will be 1 to 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I guess math isn't your strong suit because even if it took 116 hours to get to 60, that's just 4 hours a day for 2 months. So....people will definitely be 60 long before 2020.
    here is a blog from someone, posted in 2013, about his speed leveling experiences in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by https://www.furiouspaul.com/wow/
    I am probably most well known in the past for my speed runs through vanilla 1-60 WoW (back in 2005 - 2007) before there were any expansions. The game was dramatically different then and leveling was literally way harder and took a lot longer than it does now.

I did all my speed runs on brand new retail servers (realms). As soon as a new server would open I would generally go right on it and create either a female character named Joana or a male character named Mancow. I would then proceed to level from 1 to 60 (end level at the time). I used the /played command to see my times. I was always the first person to get to the end level (60 at the time) and I generally had no help from other players, as I did these entire runs solo. The time it takes for the average player to level from 1 to 60 was around 30 days of playing time. My fastest time was 4 days 20 hours and 49 minutes with a troll hunter, as shown below:

10+ Year Old Account
    lol. What ever He-Man.
    Shock horror, some bullshit from a clueless moron trying to act all special with his size 5 font.
    Yeah, my second 60, a Gnome Mage took me around 6 days playtime. Don't believe it? Well guess what, I don't give one single fuck.

Oh, and your 'proof'? you don't have any proof.

Many people before and after my post have said that you are wrong, get it through your head: You. Are. Wrong.

Plenty of people will be 60 before 2020, you can quote the hell out of me if you like and when the first 60s are popping up a few weeks after release you can finally admit you were talking out of your ass.
    Speciation Is Gradual

lol. What ever He-Man.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

This is the dumbest thing in this thread lol

This will not age well

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    lol thinking you'll hit sixty before phase 2
    lololol wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    here is a blog from someone, posted in 2013, about his speed leveling experiences in vanilla.
    30 days PLAYED? Maybe back then. That estimation won't be relevant for these servers. Even the casuals are going to be following his guide, or other guides. That will drive the average level time way down.

- - - Updated - - -

lol. What ever He-Man.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You are incredibly delusional if you think there won't be 60's before 2020. Like, absurdly delusional.

so "old school speed leveling" is 4-6 days /played?
    24(hours) x 5(days) = 120 hours /played required.
    120(hours) / 4(weeks) = 30 hours /played per week.
    30(hours) / 7(days) = 4.3 hours /played per day.
    Level 60 in 1 month requires 4 1/2 hours per day.
    How hard is simple math? It won't take until 2020 to hit 60 lol.
    Cut your play time in half and you're still 60 before Halloween.
    Last edited by Stingray0011; 2019-07-14 at 09:24 PM.