Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ubisoft Bans Player-Created Assassin's Creed Quests That Gives A lot of XP

https://kotaku.com/ubisoft-bans-play...hat-1836294719
    Last month, Ubisoft released a tool that allows players to create their own quests in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Players could choose to have other players’ custom quests appear in their games.. Almost immediately came a mess of quests dedicated to rapid-fire power-leveling. “To each their own,” you might say of this questionable practice, but Ubisoft has decided to put its battle-sandal-clad Grecian foot down and ban quests that are simply about easy XP boosting.

These custom quests would, for example, spawn NPCs to instantly kill an enemy for the player, granting them experience in seconds. Players could then repeat this process, gaining sweet, sweet XP until all their dreams came true. Now, about a month later, Ubisoft has announced in a forum post that these types of bogus quests will no longer be tolerated.

“These exploits risk jeopardizing the overall quality, integrity, and purpose of Story Creator Mode and results in less visibility for the creative, interesting and frankly fantastic community stories that have been published,” reads a note from the Assassin’s Creed community and development teams.

From now on, XP farming quests will be against the story creator tool’s terms of service. In addition, they will not be surfaced by the game’s automatic recommendation system, and Ubisoft will be “sanctioning those who continue to willingly and intentionally misuse the tool.” The company also re-dedicated itself to “actively” combating other exploits in the future.

It’s worth noting that this particular exploit might have hit close to home, given that Odyssey launched with a suite of pricey microtransactions that offered, among other things, XP and money boosts. They’re still available, alongside others that have come along since. The company has not mentioned that with regard to these player-created quests, however. Instead, it’s focused its messaging on creating an environment in which elaborate stories about gods, men, and, in one tale discovered by Kotaku’s Joshua Rivera, Sith Lords can thrive.

“Story Creator Mode was designed to be a tool for players to let their creativity and imagination run free as they build their very own Stories to share with others,” said Ubisoft. “We want to focus on rewarding creativity by highlighting quality quests.”
    TDLR: Ubisoft released a question-creation tool for Assassin's Creed Odyssey last month. Players quickly made a ton of quests for it that give you a ton of xp by doing nothing. Ubisoft calls these quests "Exploits" that "ruin the integrity of the feature". Ubisoft fails to see the irony when they're selling XP boosters for real money. Or maybe they did notice the irony, but don't really care.

Yes, creating free XP quests is bargain-basement tier creativity, but who fucking cares? It's not like it hasn't happened in every other game with user-created content before it. And it's not like it's a multiplayer game, so the only one you're "cheating" by using the free XP missions is yourself (And Ubisofts wallet)

More like it ruins their XP boost MTX.

It's pretty sad the entire game was designed around it to the point they make you slog through repetitive copy/pasted content if don't want to buy it.

Nobody ever gave a shit about "exploits" or "cheating" in single player games until companies tried to monetize them with MTX. They effect no one but the player using them.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-07-13 at 04:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They had a glitch that let you get unlimited xp (By teabagging no less) for a month or two before they released this. Most veteran players should be 99 by now.

I get why they did the ban, but it is ironic with their xp boost in the store. But this is no more outrageous than when they kept increasing the level cap past the original 50.

Its a Single Player Game and they are banning the quests because people can skip needing to buy their Xp Boosters.

Seriously fuck Ubisoft.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    They had a glitch that let you get unlimited xp (By teabagging no less) for a month or two before they released this. Most veteran players should be 99 by now.

I get why they did the ban, but it is ironic with their xp boost in the store. But this is no more outrageous than when they kept increasing the level cap past the original 50.
    This, i used the glitch to gain around 200 levels (you get paragon levels for extra skill points) i leveled from 77 to 99 and got 180~ extra skill points, this took maybe 3 hours? legit play would take months to grind this.

this glitch was around for weeks, so you can spend your money and get +50% exp or abuse the game and make hundreds of levels in no time, nobody got banned for this.

The ban is because a player is exploiting the system and creating quests that shouldn't be made in the first place, nobody is being banned for using these quests, simply the creator.

i see no problems here, basically exploit away cheese 100's of levels but don't be the creator lol.

EDIT: i fucking called it, tech & jtbrig in here whining about ubi and MTX. you guys are a broken fucking record lol, but it's ok, i paid them fuck all and i'm level 99 and +200, but tell me more how i need to buy MTX lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    EDIT: i fucking called it, tech & jtbrig in here whining about ubi and MTX.
    You called it? Last I checked that's not how it works. I can't wait until after the NBA finals and say "look I called it knew the raptors would win!".

you guys are a broken fucking record lol, but it's ok, i paid them fuck all and i'm level 99 and +200, but tell me more how i need to buy MTX lol.
    Congrats? You seem to want to defend this game endlessly, almost like you have a sunk cost fallacy going on. I didn't play the game at all, nor do I have any intention of playing a game that is deliberately bloated to make you want to spend money on MTX and/or keep you playing non interesting content.

Game is regularly in the bargain bin for $20 these days, still have no interest in it. I'm sorry you paid $100 on the super duper pro deluxe ultra amazing edition to play it 4 days early and feel the need to defend it like it's your wife.

Just remember, no publisher ever cared about exploits or cheating in SP games before they found out they could make money off them. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Game is regularly in the bargain bin for $20 these days.
    You know what, Its funny you say this.

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/a...odyssey/163520
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You know what, Its funny you say this.

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/a...odyssey/163520
    I get a Denied Access when clicking on that link. Care to print screen/Copy paste?

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I get a Denied Access when clicking on that link. Care to print screen/Copy paste?
    There ya go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    There ya go.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/QXBctl6h.png[img]
    I find it rather funny that the pre-owned gets such a smaller discount, but that's another topic..

But damn that's a steep discount considering it's what.. A year old? Less? Shows they don't really care about the up-front cost as much as the tacked-on stuff

I find it rather funny that the pre-owned gets such a smaller discount, but that's another topic..

But damn that's a steep discount considering it's what.. A year old? Less? Shows they don't really care about the up-front cost as much as the tacked-on stuff
    As for pre-owned the main benefit is being able to return it within 7 days for any reason for a full return.

But ya its about a year old and its been on sale countless times, All versions of the game are on sale.

10+ Year Old Account

Well store like this shouldnt exist in singleplayers games anyway. The reaction would probaly be:
    - people who purchased a game will just get a not online patch that removes store
    - they will simply mod a game to give more xp than usual

Funny thing I still think the code cag16 still works on gamestop's website which gives you another 16% off preowned games, which is more then PUR membership gives you lol(in fact I think they used to stack even and might still?). But ya you can get the preowned for way cheaper then the listed price if using these deals or when B2G1 is being run on them.

Funny thing I still think the code cag16 still works on gamestop's website which gives you another 16% off preowned games, which is more then PUR membership gives you lol(in fact I think they used to stack even and might still?). But ya you can get the preowned for way cheaper then the listed price if using these deals or when B2G1 is being run on them.
    Yep still works and stacks (just checked).

Yesterday PC gold version was on Fanatical site 29,99€ and normal is 99€ and today its still on 39.99€ discount

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/as...y-gold-edition

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody ever gave a shit about "exploits" or "cheating" in single player games until companies tried to monetize them with MTX. They effect no one but the player using them.
    Sad, but true. A friend of mine was lamenting the death of "Cheat Codes" the other day. All the fun, crazy shit they used to add in games like C&C, GTA and of course the legend that is, THE CODE.

We were wondering WHY companies stopped including all these fun codes... But then we realised. Cheatcodes vanished around the time that MTX started, because they don't want you to be able to input a code that gives you levels/XP, when they can sell you an MTX that does the same thing AND make a profit from it.

Same thing with all the odd weapons, and power-ups...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow it's almost as if they have an xp booster and that would conflict with having an easy exp gain quest. Too bad for them I already did a glitch that they patched that let me get several hundred levels anyway.

The game's store is egregious. It literally has over 2 dozen different packs and weapons in it and they add a new themed pack every 2 or 3 weeks instead of just allowing you to earn said items in game with a quest which they do add anyway. Shows where their priorities are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    This, i used the glitch to gain around 200 levels (you get paragon levels for extra skill points) i leveled from 77 to 99 and got 180~ extra skill points, this took maybe 3 hours? legit play would take months to grind this.

this glitch was around for weeks, so you can spend your money and get +50% exp or abuse the game and make hundreds of levels in no time, nobody got banned for this.

The ban is because a player is exploiting the system and creating quests that shouldn't be made in the first place, nobody is being banned for using these quests, simply the creator.

i see no problems here, basically exploit away cheese 100's of levels but don't be the creator lol.

EDIT: i fucking called it, tech & jtbrig in here whining about ubi and MTX. you guys are a broken fucking record lol, but it's ok, i paid them fuck all and i'm level 99 and +200, but tell me more how i need to buy MTX lol.
    What a dumb argument. Ubisoft releases player created content and is surprised when people try to find ways around their shitty grindy level system.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    What a dumb argument. Ubisoft releases player created content and is surprised when people try to find ways around their shitty grindy level system.
    grind system thats not even required though, after like 50 everything is your level, if you can't make 50 through all that map & DLC you must be speedrunning the game. I've not seen an ACO speedrun you'll have to drop me a link.

Ubisoft is a joke, glad I haven't bought any of their titles in years