Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I would say I can listen to most music styles and get something out of it but when it comes to the chart music they play on the radio it makes me want to cut my ears off. Whether it's rap, pop, electronic music or rock - the stuff that's designed to be 'instant hit' with zero substance only made for instant catchiness, it just makes my head hurt. Don't get me wrong, I like these genres but it's like the difference of getting a cheeseburger at Mcdonalds that satisfies you for 5 minutes VS getting a slightly more expensive cheeseburger that you will think about for days afterwards.

Black/Death Metal, k-pop, j-pop.
    Khadgar: "Well Zergy, are you armed?"

*Does a facepalm using [Blackhand's Severed Arm]*

Rap and new country. If I had to pick between those two, rap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oof, there are many.
    Rap / Hip Hop / general pop music / most rock music / amelodic metal

Basically anything with idiotic texts in languages I can understand.

I mostly listen to instrumental classical / contemporary soundtracks / ambient.

dubstep. that music is death for the soul

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakiru View Post
    Metal is a hard one for me, I either really love it, or hate it. There's a lot of differences between subgenres. Recently found Sabaton and Powerwolf and love it.
    Yeah Sabaton is really fun. I always get a chuckle out of the texts. A rare exception where I don't mind being able to understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever they call this new genre of mumbling, be it either hip hop or some of the nonsense billie eilish sings.

All kind of Pop music.Like a food which smells terrible!

Toss up between Gangsta Rap (type stuff), New Pop Country, and Death Metal (with vocals that sound like they are trying to hack something up).
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Anything that isn't death metal, metalcore, metal or deathcore.
    <Progress> - Firemaw EU

Death metal, metalcore, metal and deathcore.

Mumble Rap

too easy
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

Classical music

Fight me neckbeards
    An'u belore delen'na

Death metal probably, specifically the type where you cant hear a word of whats being sung - I dont understand the appeal.

Modern country. I can get behind a good amount of older country, so I won't discount the entire genre. However, modern country all sounds so similar musically speaking, and always has the same type of theme lyrically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overall probably country. I enjoy some of it but for the most part I can do without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Classical music

Fight me neckbeards
    There's some badass classical music though! 1812 Overture is a banger. Don't see people using fucking cannons as instruments nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    [c]rap of course

Folk music like this. Idk what is the english word for it but we call it "dechovka"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9lhufkdrMk

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    dubstep. that music is death for the soul
    See, for me it depends. If it's Skrillex "substep", then I wholeheartedly agree. If it's Kate B. "dubstep"... I kind of like that music.

As for overall genres, I am not a big fan of reggae, most country western & and some areas of rap (like Trap, Mumble, or any of this incoherent shit that younger generations seem to flock to). Though, I have come to appreciate Snoop Dog & Coolio's earlier works of late.

Speaking of Skrillex, is it sad that I am happy he faded into relative obscurity? The fact he won eight Grammy's just boggles my mind.