Thank you for not butchering the website's design for mobile/Material monstrosity

I just want to express my gratitude for not butchering the website's design for the sake of phones. As far as I can tell, the last redesign happened around late 2010, and it has only become neater-looking, and the data density has only increased since then. The same goes for Wikipedia, but Gamepedia and Liquipedia were not so fortunate. They became bloated with ads, weird proportions, incessantly moving parts, things that are constantly on the screen no matter how much I scroll down, weird complicated templates and, most disgusting of all, overly big buttons without clear borders (they don't even look like buttons but take a lot of space).

Thank you for staying gorgeous. I would probably never have had the urge to return to participate here otherwise. Aesthetics are important to me.
    The Sin'dorei reign supreme! © Grand Astromancer Capernian

10+ Year Old Account
    yes blizzard has gone this route as well and it's disgusting. forums designed for mobile are a fucking nightmare to navigate on pc.
    it also doesn't have a ignore feature.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2019-06-30 at 03:48 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Honestly, Blizzard's new forums look decent, and the functionality has only improved. They have removed pages in threads adding a slider that counts posts one by one... and I somewhat like it. It has always been tiresome for me to click on the pages, especially when there's too few posts per page.

The ability to favourite and bookmark posts - but not censor them by downvoting! - is pretty sweet as well.

But at the same time, the colour palette is a tricky subject. I literally cannot browse the HotS forum because they made it even brighter blue, whereas the Reforged forum's brown is really great on my eyes.

They had so many was to screw it all, but I actually like it. Too bad the risk is not worth it.
    The Sin'dorei reign supreme! © Grand Astromancer Capernian

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adunai View Post
    Honestly, Blizzard's new forums look decent, and the functionality has only improved. They have removed pages in threads adding a slider that counts posts one by one... and I somewhat like it. It has always been tiresome for me to click on the pages, especially when there's too few posts per page.

The ability to favourite and bookmark posts - but not censor them by downvoting! - is pretty sweet as well.

But at the same time, the colour palette is a tricky subject. I literally cannot browse the HotS forum because they made it even brighter blue, whereas the Reforged forum's brown is really great on my eyes.

They had so many was to screw it all, but I actually like it. Too bad the risk is not worth it.
    how the hell is not being able to ignore trolls improving the functioniality?
    on desktop having to scroll all the way down to read everything is irritating as hell.
    mobile design on desktop is hot garbage.
    how the fuck is removing pages good?
    it's only good if your browse them with a MOBILE PHONE.
    if you use a desktop pc its fucking terrible because its more convenient to use the page system.
    lastly there is a way to bookmark threads before.....it's called the bookmark feature in your browser.

also they removed downvoting prior to the new forums....so wtf are you going on about?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adunai View Post
    I just want to express my gratitude .
    Spoke too soon.