Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Remember before the internet there was a clearly defined world for adults and children.

Now Adults like cartoons and children like racist jokes.

And pedophilia now runs rampant
    you really think pedophilia only NOW just started.......wait while i find the are you serious meme.....pedophilia has been rampant through history but NO IT HAS ONLY JUST NOW SPRUNG UP.....AND IT'S ALL THAT DASTARDLY INTERNETS FAULT!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    I don't think has ever been a clearly defined "world" for adults and children. They're largely sociological rather than biological and different cultures have different perceptions of childhood and adulthood.

I don't think that many children engage in racist jokes/edgy humor, but teenagers and younger adults have always pushed the envelope and engaged in thoughts or activities that are considered controversial at the time.

Can you cite statistics that back that claim up?
    of course he can't.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

A group of random strangers dedicated to a comic book character.

Where do you find groups like that? Sounds so incredibly niche it's almost weird.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So I'm in a group that's dedicated to the X-23 character in Marvel comics. Dafnee Keen who played X-23 in the Logan movie has announced that she will be attending San Diego Comic con and a number of the people in the group are looking forward to getting autographs from her. Is it weird that they are grown adults trying to get her autograph?

I enjoyed her performance in Logan but I don't have any desire to meet her.
    The weird thing is that you seem to think there's something sexual involved in getting an autograph from a celebrity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Remember before the internet there was a clearly defined world for adults and children.

Now Adults like cartoons and children like racist jokes.

And pedophilia now runs rampant.
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...434-story.html

Age segregation also is a fairly new development in animation as well, according to animation lecturer Robert McKimson Jr., whose father directed 35 Bugs Bunny cartoons and created Foghorn Leghorn, Tasmanian Devil and Speedy Gonzales, among other characters, for Warner Bros.' Looney Tunes.

Aimed for adults

"The Warner cartoons were aimed strictly for adults--they were never meant for children," McKimson said.

Warner cartoons and other animated short subjects (Disney characters, Popeye, Tom and Jerry and so on) were screened for audiences of all ages at movie houses before the feature presentation. But when television began packing Saturday mornings and after-school hours with those classics during the `60s, many were trimmed of excessive violence, sexual innuendo and drug and alcohol references.

Or, as McKimson puts it: "They chopped the hell out of them."
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.