Page 40 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    At some point, I hope it becomes more important to stop bad faith posting than personal attacks.
    Personal insults mean very little here as we are all anonymous. Bad faith posting, is what actually destroys discourse on forum designed to promote discourse.
    Personal attacks are bad faith.
    Instead of addressing the arguments someone makes, you try to "win" the debate by getting people to pile on one individual.
    There are many users here who can't even post anything without a dozen other users immediately coming in and harassing them, ridiculing them, etc.

Just look at the thread Shalcker posted recently.
    Out of the 11 posts in the thread, 6 are attacking him directly.
    Felya immediately claiming everyone blocks him.
    Acidbaron calls him a kremlin puppet.
    Cerilis doing god knows what..
    Gabriel accuses him of being a paid troll.
    Felya responding to that by agreeing with it.
    Easo shitting about his posting behaviour.

This kind of behaviour has been going on for months.

Or wait, better even: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51477302

Do you think that kind of behaviour is normal?

Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2019-08-10 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Flaming, specifically name and shame

Can we label the Republican party a terrorist group instead? Considering the GOP has been breeding this new generation of white terrorists for decades now.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    What? I said it was unfortunate that so few people will read his post, because they have him on ignore. I than posted clarifying folks saying that Russia is moving in, by pointing out they have been there for decades. I never insulted him, nor agreed he was a paid troll... which is just fucking stupid.

The above is purely subjective and is showing your sensitivity, no one else’s. That’s what I meant with my previous post, about even insults being subjective.

Seriously, here are my posts from that thread... how the fuck are these insulting or disingenuous?

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I think too many people have you on ignore, to truly appreciate this.
    It’s not new... they have been building their nuclear facilities for over a decade. Trump just removed their nuclear limits, which permits Russian nuclear submarine. The thanks for Trump, is due to leaving the Obama deal, is what permits Russia to have nukes there.
    Is it that... or is the White House and their support’s reaction is so welcoming, that there is no reason for a facade any longer. They have been subverted... Russia’s job is done...
    Last edited by Felya; 2019-08-08 at 09:43 PM.
    Entropy won't yield to you.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    Zenkai: It also explained why [Comey] went easy on Clinton.

Instead of addressing the arguments someone makes, you try to "win" the debate by getting people to pile on one individual.
    There are many users here who can't even post anything without a dozen other users immediately coming in and harassing them, ridiculing them, etc.

Because he doesn't post in good faith.

He lies, a lot. That's bad faith posting and that causes frustration which leads to personal attacks.
    M.A.A.A. Make America Adult Again

He lies, a lot. That's bad faith posting and that causes frustration which leads to personal attacks.
    I didn’t even insult him and presented an alternative to him being a paid troll, not agree with it.
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

I didn’t even insult him and presented an alternative to him being a paid troll, not agree with it.
    I wasn't discussing you though.

Aah, you disagree with him. That makes it fine to personally attack him.

Who needs forum rules, amirite?

- - - Updated - - -

What? I said it was unfortunate that so few people will read his post, because they have him on ignore. I than posted clarifying folks saying that Russia is moving in, by pointing out they have been there for decades. I never insulted him, nor agreed he was a paid troll... which is just fucking stupid.

The above is purely subjective and is showing your sensitivity, no one else’s. That’s what I meant with my previous post, about even insults being subjective.

Seriously, here are my posts from that thread... how the fuck are these insulting or disingenuous?
    Because every single one of those comments are playing on the man. They are ad hominems.

Dude you should have seen it when it was me in 2017/2018 arguing that I didn't think there was a Trump-Russia conspiracy. It was like 15 people against one. It was rough I tells ya. And when there's that many people, it sort of warps reality, because one person can post the most nonsensical thing in the world, or just be flat wrong, and if the other 14 people all high-five them like they just made a really good point, who's to say they didn't? The one lone guy?

But you believe in what you're saying, right, so you just keep plowing forward like a total goober. When the whole point for most people is to talk among themselves about how Trump is going to jail, and look what illegal thing he probably did, and Mueller's going to nail him on that. Ain't nobody got time for dissent.

It was a lot better back in 2011/2012 I tells ya. Maybe it was because I was a mod and people were just nicer because of that. I think most of it has to do with Trump imploding the discourse though. Whatever it is, the user experience in political discussions sucks now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Dude you should have seen it when it was me in 2017/2018 arguing that I didn't think there was a Trump-Russia conspiracy. It was like 15 people against one. It was rough I tells ya. And when there's that many people, it sort of warps reality, because one person can post the most nonsensical thing in the world, or just be flat wrong, and if the other 14 people all high-five them like they just made a really good point, who's to say they didn't? The one lone guy?
    We've always been living in a post-truth world.
    It's not fact that matters, what matters is what the majority within your bubble believes.

It was a lot better back in 2011/2012 I tells ya. Maybe it was because I was a mod and people were just nicer because of that. I think most of it has to do with Trump imploding the discourse though. Whatever it is, the user experience in political discussions sucks now.
    It was because the latest crisis was just new.
    For the last eight years, shit has gotten worse every year. That radicalizes people.

I just find it funny how the Antifa supporters in here are saying "well he didn't kill facists so he wasn't Antifa"...but if he went and shot up a bunch of KKK or White Nationalists at a rally they'd be cheering for him and claiming him as their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Daara View Post
    I just find it funny how the Antifa supporters in here are saying "well he didn't kill facists so he wasn't Antifa"...but if he went and shot up a bunch of KKK or White Nationalists at a rally they'd be cheering for him and claiming him as their own.
    Antifa is not an organisation.

If you want to claim that some people advocate violence against fascists and nazi's, that is perfectly fine. I proudly call myself one of those people.
    But it's still not an organisation. So you can't classify anything as a terrorist organisation.

The guy shot people and that has, as far as we know, nothing to do with politics. If he went and shot up a bunch of KKK-members, or a Trump rally, that would have been violence for political reasons.

but if he went and shot up a bunch of KKK or White Nationalists at a rally they'd be cheering for him and claiming him as their own.
    No, we'd be condemning him for being a violent mass-murderer.

Aah, you disagree with him. That makes it fine to personally attack him.

Who needs forum rules, amirite?
    See this is a perfect example of bad faith posting. You are literally inventing what I'm saying, then responding to your made up bullshit.

See this is a perfect example of bad faith posting. You are literally inventing what I'm saying, then responding to your made up bullshit.
    I point out how people make ad hominems towards Shalcker.

You reply with: "Because.."
    That's trying to explain why people make ad homs.
    You should condemn it, instead you make up excuses.

I point out how people make ad hominems towards Shalcker.

You reply with: "Because.."
    That's trying to explain why people make ad homs.
    You should condemn it, instead you make up excuses.
    This is precisely why people get insulted.

I gave a reason. You can disagree with that reason, but instead you went full liar shit poster and made shit up, then doubled down on the lie.

Well that's never happened, but I guess you can feel victorious in your imagination.
    /s

This is precisely why people get insulted.

I gave a reason. You can disagree with that reason, but instead you went full liar shit poster and made shit up, then doubled down on the lie.
    There is no excuse.
    There is no justification for insults.

There is no excuse.
    There is no justification for insults.
    There is no excuse or justification for bad faith posting and lying like you've done.

Because every single one of those comments are playing on the man. They are ad hominems.
    What the fuck are you talking about? The first post was me appreciating him posting the thread, noting it’s unfortunate that too many have him on ignore. The second is clarifying the comment about Russia moving in, by pointing out the they have been there for years. The third is referring to US government inaction and shit like “rather be Russian than democrat”, to say that there is no need to hide or be a secret agent. So... what the fuck?

- - - Updated - - -

That’s absurd... I assure you, there wouldn’t be a thread about Antifa only killing 175 people.

Extremely vague statement.
    Want to check which countries support/like their government more?
    I don't even need to check, because of people like you I have to know that kind of nonsense from the top of my head: In China it's around 85% whereas in the US it's 30%.
    So who exactly is forcing practices upon people who don't appreciate it?

Fcs, my own government forces me to pay taxes which they then use to fund an army that bombs innocent people in the Middle East.

I doubt their government has ever done a single thing that didn't have the support of the majority.

Once again a dumb argument that gets completely blown away by the fact that they have MORE support.

Cool opinion.. But why should it matter to me?
    Healthy, happy and out of impoverishment? You do know all three of those things are going down all the time.
    There's no coincidence that the opinion you have is the exact same opinion that is portrayed in the media and the exact same one that allows people to enrich themselves at the cost of the general population.
    And did you just say that US healthcare works well? Sigh..
    My entire point is you don't need communist control to make a well functioning government that takes care of its citizens. Hands-off is the best approach.
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Knadra finally just admitting Trumpkins care more about political victories than morals.