Page 37 of 98 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Personal attacks are bad faith.
    Instead of addressing the arguments someone makes, you try to "win" the debate by getting people to pile on one individual.
    There are many users here who can't even post anything without a dozen other users immediately coming in and harassing them, ridiculing them, etc.

Just look at the thread Shalcker posted recently.
    Out of the 11 posts in the thread, 6 are attacking him directly.
    Felya immediately claiming everyone blocks him.
    Acidbaron calls him a kremlin puppet.
    Cerilis doing god knows what..
    Gabriel accuses him of being a paid troll.
    Felya responding to that by agreeing with it.
    Easo shitting about his posting behaviour.

This kind of behaviour has been going on for months.

Or wait, better even: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51477302

Do you think that kind of behaviour is normal?
    Because he doesn't post in good faith.

He lies, a lot. That's bad faith posting and that causes frustration which leads to personal attacks.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Because he doesn't post in good faith.

He lies, a lot. That's bad faith posting and that causes frustration which leads to personal attacks.
    I didn’t even insult him and presented an alternative to him being a paid troll, not agree with it.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I didn’t even insult him and presented an alternative to him being a paid troll, not agree with it.
    I wasn't discussing you though.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Personal attacks are bad faith.
    Instead of addressing the arguments someone makes, you try to "win" the debate by getting people to pile on one individual.
    There are many users here who can't even post anything without a dozen other users immediately coming in and harassing them, ridiculing them, etc.

Just look at the thread Shalcker posted recently.
    Out of the 11 posts in the thread, 6 are attacking him directly.
    Felya immediately claiming everyone blocks him.
    Acidbaron calls him a kremlin puppet.
    Cerilis doing god knows what..
    Gabriel accuses him of being a paid troll.
    Felya responding to that by agreeing with it.
    Easo shitting about his posting behaviour.

This kind of behaviour has been going on for months.

Or wait, better even: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51477302

Do you think that kind of behaviour is normal?
    Dude you should have seen it when it was me in 2017/2018 arguing that I didn't think there was a Trump-Russia conspiracy. It was like 15 people against one. It was rough I tells ya. And when there's that many people, it sort of warps reality, because one person can post the most nonsensical thing in the world, or just be flat wrong, and if the other 14 people all high-five them like they just made a really good point, who's to say they didn't? The one lone guy?

But you believe in what you're saying, right, so you just keep plowing forward like a total goober. When the whole point for most people is to talk among themselves about how Trump is going to jail, and look what illegal thing he probably did, and Mueller's going to nail him on that. Ain't nobody got time for dissent.

It was a lot better back in 2011/2012 I tells ya. Maybe it was because I was a mod and people were just nicer because of that. I think most of it has to do with Trump imploding the discourse though. Whatever it is, the user experience in political discussions sucks now.

I just find it funny how the Antifa supporters in here are saying "well he didn't kill facists so he wasn't Antifa"...but if he went and shot up a bunch of KKK or White Nationalists at a rally they'd be cheering for him and claiming him as their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Daara View Post
    but if he went and shot up a bunch of KKK or White Nationalists at a rally they'd be cheering for him and claiming him as their own.
    No, we'd be condemning him for being a violent mass-murderer.

Aah, you disagree with him. That makes it fine to personally attack him.

Who needs forum rules, amirite?
    See this is a perfect example of bad faith posting. You are literally inventing what I'm saying, then responding to your made up bullshit.

I point out how people make ad hominems towards Shalcker.

You reply with: "Because.."
    That's trying to explain why people make ad homs.
    You should condemn it, instead you make up excuses.
    This is precisely why people get insulted.

I gave a reason. You can disagree with that reason, but instead you went full liar shit poster and made shit up, then doubled down on the lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just find it funny how the Antifa supporters in here are saying "well he didn't kill facists so he wasn't Antifa"...but if he went and shot up a bunch of KKK or White Nationalists at a rally they'd be cheering for him and claiming him as their own.
    Well that's never happened, but I guess you can feel victorious in your imagination.
    /s

There is no excuse.
    There is no justification for insults.
    There is no excuse or justification for bad faith posting and lying like you've done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because every single one of those comments are playing on the man. They are ad hominems.
    What the fuck are you talking about? The first post was me appreciating him posting the thread, noting it’s unfortunate that too many have him on ignore. The second is clarifying the comment about Russia moving in, by pointing out the they have been there for years. The third is referring to US government inaction and shit like “rather be Russian than democrat”, to say that there is no need to hide or be a secret agent. So... what the fuck?

- - - Updated - - -

That’s absurd... I assure you, there wouldn’t be a thread about Antifa only killing 175 people.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

15+ Year Old Account
    Extremely vague statement.
    Want to check which countries support/like their government more?
    I don't even need to check, because of people like you I have to know that kind of nonsense from the top of my head: In China it's around 85% whereas in the US it's 30%.
    So who exactly is forcing practices upon people who don't appreciate it?

Fcs, my own government forces me to pay taxes which they then use to fund an army that bombs innocent people in the Middle East.

I doubt their government has ever done a single thing that didn't have the support of the majority.

Once again a dumb argument that gets completely blown away by the fact that they have MORE support.

Cool opinion.. But why should it matter to me?
    Healthy, happy and out of impoverishment? You do know all three of those things are going down all the time.
    There's no coincidence that the opinion you have is the exact same opinion that is portrayed in the media and the exact same one that allows people to enrich themselves at the cost of the general population.
    And did you just say that US healthcare works well? Sigh..
    My entire point is you don't need communist control to make a well functioning government that takes care of its citizens. Hands-off is the best approach.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not an organisation, and being opposed to fascism should be literally the default position of any human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It's not an organisation, and being opposed to fascism should be literally the default position of any human being.
    You are a fascist and have been reported to the local Antifa chapter.

I hope you can explain your predicament faster than they can swing a bat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post

Oh noes, the milkshakes might stain my Antifa shirt.

10+ Year Old Account

Report me too!! I want to be attacked by antifa!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Oh noes, the milkshakes might stain my Antifa shirt.
    Hey man... antifa now goes house to house with bats... scary stuff...

With all of his ranting on social media, why didn’t antifa get the guy that just shot up walmart? If only his mother called antifa, instead of the cops.

@Gaexion Ramza Beoulve stupid antifa, am I right? There is a whole sub forum on Reddit called the_donald and instead of attacking all of their posters with bats... they are waiting for you to report them to their local chapter. What fucking morons, right?
    Last edited by Felya; 2019-08-09 at 08:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Hey man... antifa now goes house to house with bats... scary stuff...
    Sounds like boogeyman behavior to me.
    /s

I thought we weren't supposed to worry because the magical good guy with a gun fairy was always there to save the day.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

41 pages in have we established whether or not antifa is an organization? Because I've still never heard of an antifa organization.

(We all know they just use it as an excuse to silence all political opposition)
    I mean that's rich coming from you.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.