Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    More mistakes. Quel'thalas was blue/teal.
    Quel'Thalas was represented as blue/teal in WC3 and WC3: TFT, but that was by no means it's "canon" color in all of Warcraft lore. Just as Gilneas' color was black in WC2, but in WoW it doesn't really have that association, as in Gilneas City isn't predominantly black. You'd be hard-pressed to find a lot of orange in Alterac, either. Some of these colors are maintained in WoW such as Stromgarde's red, Kul Tiras' green, and/or the black of the Dragonmaw Clan structures (seen before the Horde refit of the Dragonmaw main village). Basically put, the colors in WC2/WC3 are more or less game devices that are sometimes honored and sometimes not, depending on how they want to represent the cultures in WoW - there's no real canonicity to them at the end of the day.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Mana crystals didn't have entities trapped inside them and weren't green.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Burning_Crystal
    Not to be confused with Fel crystal or Mana crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    you are the CEO of the warcraft franchise and you decide what the colors are instead of the developers? sorry Mr. Morhaime.
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Quel'Thalas was represented as blue/teal in WC3 and WC3: TFT, but that was by no means it's "canon" color in all of Warcraft lore. Just as Gilneas' color was black in WC2, but in WoW it doesn't really have that association, as in Gilneas City isn't predominantly black. You'd be hard-pressed to find a lot of orange in Alterac, either. Some of these colors are maintained in WoW such as Stromgarde's red, Kul Tiras' green, and/or the black of the Dragonmaw Clan structures (seen before the Horde refit of the Dragonmaw main village). Basically put, the colors in WC2/WC3 are more or less game devices that are sometimes honored and sometimes not, depending on how they want to represent the cultures in WoW - there's no real canonicity to them at the end of the day.
    Chronicles show it is blue/teal too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Burning_Crystal
    Not to be confused with Fel crystal or Mana crystal.
    blood elves

those are crystals of mana
    Mana crystals don't have eyes....

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    That is true, which is why it is inconsistent - "Chronicle Vol. 1" also shows the burning crystals dotting the overleaf illustration of ancient Quel'Thalas and Silvermoon.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

After re-reading A Good War Lorash tells us that in addition to being a Thalassian of the first generation, that his mother (Highborne / Thalassian) died in the invasion of the scourge! that means that she was an original highborne that was still alive a few years ago! having that in mind it would not be unusual for some current blood elves to be highborne in the past! becoming thalassian happened very fast for them as we see in the comic sunwell trilogy! I believe that Andorel Sunsworn could be one, he is quite old so we can read in his quests and he has a lot of resentment against night elves!
    Weren't all the blood elves originally highborne who didn't want to give up arcane magic and therefore left? Or is your question whether there are any living blood elves who were highborne? I'd go with no, since Kael'thas was several generations down from Dath'remar.

Yes

blood elves
    source? I honestly can't remember this page.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Weren't all the blood elves originally highborne who didn't want to give up arcane magic and therefore left? Or is your question whether there are any living blood elves who were highborne? I'd go with no, since Kael'thas was several generations down from Dath'remar.
    read a good war. lorash the blood elf rogue was born in trisfal at the beginning of the exile tells us how his mother (exiled original highborne) died in the invasion of the scourge!
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/st...ntent=22010729

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    That is true, which is why it is inconsistent - "Chronicle Vol. 1" also shows the burning crystals dotting the overleaf illustration of ancient Quel'Thalas and Silvermoon.
    But those are teal crystals! Mana crystals probably, beautiful and all! Uncorrupted. Absolutely kosher.
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    source? I honestly can't remember this page.
    Chapter IV spread

10+ Year Old Account
    lady liadrin says that the draenei are immortals like blood elves
    Mind providing a source of that? I have not seen this.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2019-06-30 at 03:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

But those are teal crystals! Mana crystals probably, beautiful and all! Uncorrupted. Absolutely kosher.

Chapter IV spread
    which volume? having a very hard time finding the image you speak of (i have all three volumes)

which volume? having a very hard time finding the image you speak of (i have all three volumes)
    The first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    Mind providing a source of that? I have not seen this.
    she says that in the Vindicaar

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "Chronicle Vol. 1", pg. 118-119 I believe - the overleaf illustration for Quel'Thalas itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    What ?

You 're telling me you identified an original High Elf / Highborne ?!

E R A D I C A T E

We can 't have any living High Elves / Highborne in the game or we 'll be having the HE Playable Race argument for an eternity

10+ Year Old Account
    she says that in the Vindicaar
    Ah, flavor text? Just curious because I tend to watch things Liadrin says like a hawk.

I fully admit I downed my account for half of Legion so I missed mist of the Argus stuff.
    I AM the victim.

read a good war. lorash the blood elf rogue was born in trisfal at the beginning of the exile tells us how his mother (exiled original highborne) died in the invasion of the scourge!
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/st...ntent=22010729
    Did Dath'remar and all his descendents up to Anasterian die very young, did that woman and her son live beyond normal life expectency, or did Blizzard forget how to do math again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Did Dath'remar and all his descendents up to Anasterian die very young, did that woman and her son live beyond normal life expectency, or did Blizzard forget how to do math again?
    I once did an estimated reign for the sun strider dynasty.

Things get super messy, I think there were 5 generations counting Kaelthas. We don't really have any dates to run off only events like the Amani Troll wars and the founding of Quel'thalas.

I think my average reign was about 2,500ish years running off the assumption that Dathramar did not rule long after the founding.
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    Ah, flavor text? Just curious because I tend to watch things Liadrin says like a hawk.

I fully admit I downed my account for half of Legion so I missed mist of the Argus stuff.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Vindicaar#Inconsistencies

- - - Updated - - -

There were wars against the trolls. Some kings may have died in battle, Kael was young and he is dead. Lorthemar is old for what we know, at least he is older than Rommath and Rommath says that Aethas is young!

For the things that Bliz is saying today, we can say that Blood Elves are almost immortal.