Thread: Thrall x Jaina

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Why do people always pair off characters from different races? Why? This is a world with rules, and those rules involve that being considered abnormal. Literally the only cases of it ever happening without crime are between High Elves and Humans. Why is it that suddenly we have to try and force relationships between Night Elves and Blood Elves and Humans and Orcs?

And don't tell me about the comics, they were retconned, and don't tell me about the movie, it was shit.
    What are you even talking about? Where in lore does it state there are rules against it? That it's a crime?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think the Thrall x Jaina "ship" sailed long ago, and is now effectively lost at sea never to be seen again.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    There are infinite timelines with infinite possibilities. In one of those timelines, thrall does marry jaina, with her fathers corpse still fresh. Note in this timeline, the horde and alliance come together alot faster than our current timeline.

But in this timeline? Unless aggra dies, and thrall grieves quickly and rebounds, not gonna happen. What i can see happening is both thrall and aggra dying, and jaina gains a kid to raise, but thats it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Ask Blizzard, that whole scene was reminiscent of a high schooler talking with his crush. Including the heavy sighing when one of his buddies gestures over at the girl because he wants him to go talk to her.
    I disagree greatly, he was a man disappointed with the choices he made...literally seconds after that sigh he was talking about his mistakes, with Garrosh and Cairne. She heard him utter the same words she had recently said herself..."It feels like I did everything wrong"

He sighed in regret, what did you expect Thrall to do? Shrug and say "Whelp, Thunderbluff bout to burn"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Perhaps intentional in order to generate hype? Or simply an nod to the shippers?

A political marriage between the two would have made sense, if he wasn't already married.
    They're old friends who've had that friendship broken, tested, reforged, and tested again over a decade-plus. Close friendships can exist between a man and woman without there needing to be romantic subtext--Thrall himself even rejected Jaina as a potential mate without hesitation when Eitrigg teased him that she'd have made a good mate if she were an orc. It's actually pretty refreshing to have a close-as-siblings friendship between a male and female character in fiction, especially because so many of these relationship develop romantic plot tumors.

Thrall and Jaina are hesitant at first because they're scarred and hurting from their experiences as leaders within the Alliance and Horde, in the middle of the bloodiest Alliance-Horde war since the Second War (as Alliance-Horde hostilities in the Third War were rapidly eclipsed by the Burning Legion's invasion and the Scourge ravaging Lordaeron). This scene was them reestablishing their friendship, which while Jaina had forgiven Thrall as of the end of War Crimes, was still obviously in bad shape as they had little interactions between the Draenor Campaign and Jaina going off on her own after the Broken Shore (and Thrall running off to Nagrand in an attempt to escape his personal demons), until reuniting during the Fourth War. They both recommit to making the world suck a little less, older and wiser compared to who they were during the breakdown of the original armistice back in Vanilla's timeline (and ironically, recapturing their Third War personalities in the process, albeit tempered by experience).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's obvious that Thrall and Jaina had chemistry and maybe even (complicated) feelings for each other, but that circumstances made it impossible for them to act on them, and time has rendered any possibility of romance moot. Thrall has a wife and family, Jaina has... a dragon... and I think far too much has gone on for either of them to completely reconcile.

Maybe in an alternate timeline.

All she ever wanted to do was to study, he's the Warchief...
    She's trying to think here, the spirits are restless...

I mean, really, this stuff writes itself.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathbelf View Post
    This 100%. Show any kind of emotion between a male and female and it’s a sexual relationship brewing. Show any kind of connection between two male characters and let’s ship them as a couple.

It’s a childish mindset. People can be allies and friends without doing the dirty.
    Yeah, sometimes two characters just really enjoy each other's company. It dosen't have to go to being a Relationship, but some people often want it to

I really don't understand why people do stuff like this. Also, people like to ship Anduin x Wrathion, but that's another story. But it is an example.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I can't imagine an orc finding a human woman attractive. At least not with how outlandish orc builds are in Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I can't imagine an orc finding a human woman attractive. At least not with how outlandish orc builds are in Warcraft.
    A Kul tiran woman would give a orc death by snu snu.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Why in the world are the people still talking about this nonsenses? Metzen himself said he hated that ship and the reason why he made Aggra, the warcraft fandom is reaching to Warner Channel levels of cringeness with shipping.
    And Aggra was the dumbest character inclusion in history of Warcraft lore. Jaina literally killed her father to become Thrall's wife.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think the Thrall x Jaina "ship" sailed long ago, and is now effectively lost at sea never to be seen again.
    Jaina can recover lost ships.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

It made sense 15 years ago, seemingly was inevitable, but it's certainly dead now. Durak is the coffin and all the nails of it. Aggra getting offed would also be some top level fridging given how little characterization and importance she has.

I'd frankly they rather figure these two characters the hell out in terms of consistency before they add romantic partnership as a focus to take attention from it.

Jaina for an Orc is like a very weak mate.
    She has 0 physical strenght what attracts Orcs.

If Arthas is in the Shadowlands exp pack then she should die at the end and jion him in the after life, she is part of the main story of WC3 its time to move on. Same btw for Thrall once his sons are grown up to jion the story plot its time to say good bye to Thrall.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2020-07-07 at 10:56 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Back in the day I was all for Thrall and Jaina honestly.

I was always kind of "Erh" about Aggra. I didn't enjoy her character in the novel she was introduced in, but with Thrall returning to his Orcish roots I wasn't against him and Aggra.

But honestly it feels like Blizzard have never been that keen on Aggra either. The few times we have seen her she has a basic ass Orc model and armor. So many characters get unique models now and Aggra keeps getting treated like a basic NPC.

I won't go as far as to say Blizzard are trying to distance Thrall from Aggra, but the fact she didn't show up during Thralls recent screentime is surprising.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aggra was the only addition made by Metzen who self inserting into Thrall. Metzen got a family and Thrall should have got a family.The rest is shitty ass white threads that bound Aggra to the plot.
    In all other aspects - story wise, character wise - Jaina and Thrall look better and have the sparkling chemistry all around. I dont care about what Chris wanted. Story and setting needs them. Blizzard dont even need to make it intimate, just let them roll together on the missions and the story and emotionally support each other. Aggra and kids can stay in Outland for all future expansions where they belong.

p.s. also, about sisterly touch of the arm - it doesnt add up that she removed her hand when other Co came closer in what seemed to be fear. Why was she afraid of Saurfang and Shaw seeing her comforting Thrall if it was innocent touch of a friend??? Its obvious tease from cinematic makers. Maybe director of it is Jaina x Thrall fan or something.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2020-07-08 at 04:54 AM.

I subscribe to the philosophy that Jaina is Warcraft's bicycle, everyones had a ride (except Anduin and Baine).

Thrall and Jaina looked like they were in a good position for romance at the end of TFT, but then nothing more happened. At this point, I'd be more surprised by Jaina x Thrall than I would Flynn x Shaw or Derek x Calia or Rokhan x Talanji. I think it's more likely than Anduin x Wrathian, but not by much (and to be clear, I don't think we're ever seeing Anduin x Wrathian).

Quote Originally Posted by Phaere View Post
    I subscribe to the philosophy that Jaina is Warcraft's bicycle, everyones had a ride (except Anduin and Baine).
    I prefer the term "flu".

I'm just waiting for Aggra to die already so we can get Thrall x Jaina.

Thrall should cheat on Aggra and live happily ever after with Jaina. He is not a perfect being.