Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazle View Post
    Still the defenition of fun is not the same for each person, which makes fun subjective.
    Nah, I disagree in this instance, the spec isn't different, it's worse - how can a worse spec be more fun?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Nah, I disagree in this instance, the spec isn't different, it's worse - how can a worse spec be more fun?
    There might be people who think its more fun. Thats the point, I agree with you though i think its less fun too. But its still subjective.

    When it comes to an opinion about something its not objective, its subjective.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazle View Post
    There might be people who think its more fun. Thats the point, I agree with you though i think its less fun too. But its still subjective.

    When it comes to an opinion about something its not objective, its subjective.
    I understand that - if I said "fire is objectively more fun than frost" that would obviously not be a true statement and I couldn't use that phrase - my point is BFA frost is Legion frost, with many things taken out and choices taken away, so you're right - if some people for some reason prefer worse gameplay, then I guess frost in BFA is more fun

  4. #24
    Warchief Maljinwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    2,163
    Im quite happy with how Fire is played right now.

    I do kinda miss using Living Bomb tho
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Im quite happy with how Fire is played right now.

    I do kinda miss using Living Bomb tho
    It's weird to me that fire has not great AOE

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I understand that - if I said "fire is objectively more fun than frost" that would obviously not be a true statement and I couldn't use that phrase - my point is BFA frost is Legion frost, with many things taken out and choices taken away, so you're right - if some people for some reason prefer worse gameplay, then I guess frost in BFA is more fun
    I've met quiete a few people in game who would prefer classes to be even simpler to play as they are right now, i know its hard to believe, but those people exist. In that case they would prefer BfA frost mage probably. Then again this were people who used frost nova and just stayed in melee range on mobs..

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Im quite happy with how Fire is played right now.

    I do kinda miss using Living Bomb tho
    I do like fire mage too, only i thing i miss, is the old combustion. I loved getting those juicy combustions dots on a target and spread it across a whole pack, that was really satifying gameplay for me

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Because BFA frost is literally watered down Legion frost, it's the same spec - with less choice, functionality and interactivity. When you have the same spec, that's just lesser - you can say it's objectively less fun.
    "with less choice, functionality and interactivity"

    If that makes a spec "objectively" less fun how would you explain the popularity of the BM hunter?

    I'm not sure you know what the word "objectively" entitles.

  8. #28
    Make arcane missiles affected by arcane charges.
    I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    "with less choice, functionality and interactivity"

    If that makes a spec "objectively" less fun how would you explain the popularity of the BM hunter?

    I'm not sure you know what the word "objectively" entitles.
    BM is has more choice and interactivity in BFA than it did in Legion, that's why it's popular, plus it's extremely strong because it's the only spec class in the game that can have 100% uptime, and while that continue it will remain that way

    It's not the same as frost mage

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cazle View Post
    I've met quiete a few people in game who would prefer classes to be even simpler to play as they are right now, i know its hard to believe, but those people exist. In that case they would prefer BfA frost mage probably. Then again this were people who used frost nova and just stayed in melee range on mobs..

    - - - Updated - - -



    I do like fire mage too, only i thing i miss, is the old combustion. I loved getting those juicy combustions dots on a target and spread it across a whole pack, that was really satifying gameplay for me
    I don't even think simple specs are not fun - I like balance druid a lot right now and it's VERY simple to play, the problem is frost at is core is the same as it was in legion - but it lost the ability to have;

    - instant blizzard with frozen orb out as well as splitting ice
    - ebonbolt not as a talent
    - the shatter window from the beginning of legion
    - legendaries like the double TW ring etc

    That's why frost is objectively worse in BFA - we lost stuff and got very little back, it's a net minus. I don't use the term objectively lightly, and believe it does indeed apply here

  10. #30
    Remove the Rune of power talentrow altogether and repalce it with dps skills on ~ 20-30 sec cd this alone would make mage way better
    BFA Season 2


  11. #31
    Warchief Maljinwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    2,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazle View Post
    I've met quiete a few people in game who would prefer classes to be even simpler to play as they are right now, i know its hard to believe, but those people exist. In that case they would prefer BfA frost mage probably. Then again this were people who used frost nova and just stayed in melee range on mobs..

    - - - Updated - - -



    I do like fire mage too, only i thing i miss, is the old combustion. I loved getting those juicy combustions dots on a target and spread it across a whole pack, that was really satifying gameplay for me
    I used to like the old Combustion dot.
    But I don't think i would ever stop turning myself into fire to crit the everlasting shit out of everything
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    BM is has more choice and interactivity in BFA than it did in Legion, that's why it's popular, plus it's extremely strong because it's the only spec class in the game that can have 100% uptime, and while that continue it will remain that way

    It's not the same as frost mage
    BM is still the least interactive spec in the game by far. So by your definition it would also "objectively" be the least fun spec (given you don't understand the definition of the word "objectively") but it is much more popular than more engaging specs. Therefore you cannot put a direct correlation between the simplicity of a spec and what people find fun. The overall gameplay of BM is extremely simple (based on the combination on all aspects), but a lot of people still find it fun. Fun can never be objective as you claim.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I understand that - if I said "fire is objectively more fun than frost" that would obviously not be a true statement and I couldn't use that phrase - my point is BFA frost is Legion frost, with many things taken out and choices taken away, so you're right - if some people for some reason prefer worse gameplay, then I guess frost in BFA is more fun
    You do have a strange habit of misusing 'objectively' - you think it makes you look edgy and woke but you just look stupid.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    You do have a strange habit of misusing 'objectively' - you think it makes you look edgy and woke but you just look stupid.
    You cannot argue BFA frost is watered down Legion Frost - therefore it's less fun. This is one of the few times you can use the phrase subjective, go away.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    BM is still the least interactive spec in the game by far. So by your definition it would also "objectively" be the least fun spec (given you don't understand the definition of the word "objectively") but it is much more popular than more engaging specs. Therefore you cannot put a direct correlation between the simplicity of a spec and what people find fun. The overall gameplay of BM is extremely simple (based on the combination on all aspects), but a lot of people still find it fun. Fun can never be objective as you claim.
    I never said BM was interactive - it's just more so than how it was in Legion. I hate BM, and I think BM is played for how strong and useful it is, not how fun it is. And I disagree - fun cannot be objective 99% of the time, 1% of the time it can be - for instance, playing WoW is objectively more fun than watching paint dry.

  15. #35
    Herald of the Titans TheWorkingTitle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,758
    What needs to happen is they revert Mage back to the original design from Classic to MoP, where the Mage class had a baseline arsenal of Fire/Frost/Arcane spells and then you specialized while still keeping baseline spells from all three sects of the Arcane.

    That means a Mage, regardless of specialization should have...

    Fireball
    Frostbolt
    Fireblast
    Arcane Blast
    Arcane Explosion
    Blizzard
    Ice Lance
    Flamestrike
    Cone of Cold
    Mana Bubble



    Furthermore, Spells that the Mage was given baseline by leveling up in new expansions over the years that were ripped away, only for them to give us them back as talents (complete slap in the face) need to return to being baseline. That means...

    Mirror Images
    Ring of Frost


    Then they can start thinking about giving back great spells/effects that were added throughout the years like...


    Alter Time (w/ Dot Snapshotting)
    Blazing Speed
    Flame Orb
    Cauterizing Blink
    Molten Fury (Execute mechanic)
    Frostjaw
    Deep Freeze
    Improved Counterspell
    Invocation


    They also need to bring back the glyph system and let us both customize the visuals of our spells and the effects of our spells
    You think you don't, but you do

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Nah, I disagree in this instance, the spec isn't different, it's worse - how can a worse spec be more fun?
    BFA Frost is Legion Frost without the baseline Artifact power. It's lost a little bit, but it's not spec breaking. I've played exclusively Frost since WoTLK, and when it comes to being competitive in content outside of PvP, this is the best it's been.

  17. #37
    I miss the good old days when your fireball or frostbolt felt like it trucked shit when one landed. Now of days they feel like weak undesirable filler spells you end up casting because there is nothing else to press. Wotlk mage was the best mage design Imo

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    BFA Frost is Legion Frost without the baseline Artifact power. It's lost a little bit, but it's not spec breaking. I've played exclusively Frost since WoTLK, and when it comes to being competitive in content outside of PvP, this is the best it's been.
    Of course, I'm not saying frost is bad - I still really enjoy frost - it's just not as fun as it was in Legion

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    I miss the good old days when your fireball or frostbolt felt like it trucked shit when one landed. Now of days they feel like weak undesirable filler spells you end up casting because there is nothing else to press. Wotlk mage was the best mage design Imo
    I guess the difference is it used to be you would cast those abilities a lot more, so they did more damage - we didn't have stuff like flurry and glacial spike, or barrage - fire didn't get instant pyros anywhere near as much as it does know, it's a side affect of having more abilities I guess

  19. #39
    Add Time as a spec.

    Let it be a healing and support spec for mages.

    Chronomancer needs to exist.
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

  20. #40
    Arcane should be a mobility spec I liked Wrath and Cata versions of Arcane where Arcane Barrage was the main attack. As for other specs I think Arcane Explosion should go back to all specs, should it be less powerful as Fire and Frost? Sure, I think Fireblast needs to go back to all specs, get rid of useless talents like Mirror Image or MAKE IT STRONGER. Yeah I play an Arcane Mage but guess what... I'M STILL A MAGE! Give me other non Arcane Spells

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •