Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    I wouldn't if I were a politician looking to be elected, but it's really the truth.
    Which always leads me back to "How did Obama have such solid and commanding victories if racism is as high as people claim?". Surely, this shadow army that derailed this election could have denied him by drumming them up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I disagree. Hillary eyeing another run is big news, which is why you find reporting on it from all ideological outlets whenever someone close to Clinton, or Clinton herself, makes statements about it. The fact that it's helpful to Republicans has nothing to do with it.
    Bitch, please. Republicans have been screeching "but Hillary" since she lost the 2016 election; she would not be as prominent a news figure if Republicans didn't keep trying to make 'fetch' happen.

Hillary lost in 2016, Dacien. Get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Bitch, please. Republicans have been screeching "but Hillary" since she lost the 2016 election; she would not be as prominent a news figure if Republicans didn't keep trying to make 'fetch' happen.

If people actually believed that, people wouldn't still be saying illegitimate presidency, would they?

Let me guess? National Review had a Clinton article recently>

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...r-on-2020-run/

Of course they did. Fucking National Review is the only thing that Dacien reads, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Which always leads me back to "How did Obama have such solid and commanding victories if racism is as high as people claim?". Surely, this shadow army that derailed this election could have denied him by drumming them up.
    I implore you to look at a map of drawn to scale by populations. If you look county by county or city by city, it looks 90% red. But when adjusted by population, you clearly see we are a majority blue country. Sure the land mass in between metro areas is huge and filled with deplorables, but thier numbers are a small fraction of the metro areas.

I think I saw a tweet saying land doesn't vote that had the map I was talking about.

If people actually believed that, people wouldn't still be saying illegitimate presidency, would they?
    Trump is an illegitimate president. He got help from Russians after he asked for it. Now he is trying to do it again, and thinking he is immune from it. Instead he just committed treason and should be removed from office IMMEDIATELY.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Let me guess? National Review had a Clinton article recently>

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...r-on-2020-run/

Of course they did. Fucking National Review is the only thing that Dacien reads, apparently.
    "Earlier this month, Clinton teased the possibility that she would throw her hat into the crowded Democratic primary field, responding to a tweet from President Trump goading her to enter the race with, “Don’t tempt me. Do your job.”

Oh, wait. You were serious.

Who actually reads this trash?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

"Earlier this month, Clinton teased the possibility that she would throw her hat into the crowded Democratic primary field, responding to a tweet from President Trump goading her to enter the race with, “Don’t tempt me. Do your job.”

I assume Thwart.������

She wouldn't be a prominent news figure if she didn't keep insinuating she might ruin again while also accusing Tulsi Gabbard of being a Russian asset.

Dacien does. Almost all of his "opinions" are just rehashed Andrew McCarthy bullshit. Literally whenever he links something, it is like 90% Andrew McCarthy opinion articles.

I implore you to look at a map of drawn to scale by populations. If you look county by county or city by city, it looks 90% red. But when adjusted by population, you clearly see we are a majority blue country. Sure the land mass in between metro areas is huge and filled with deplorables, but thier numbers are a small fraction of the metro areas.

I think I saw a tweet saying land doesn't vote that had the map I was talking about.
    Then you can't have it both ways. You can't pretend they're a big enough group that they have to be placated to prevent a Trump but also so insignificant they didn't fuck up a black man being clearly elected twice.

I mean, unless there was a secret army of white supremacists born from Russian sleeper cells infiltrating and impregnating women 18 years ago so they'll be ready for one election. /Tinfoil

- - - Updated - - -

Trump is an illegitimate president. He got help from Russians after he asked for it. Now he is trying to do it again, and thinking he is immune from it. Instead he just committed treason and should be removed from office IMMEDIATELY.
    Is this like the last three times he committed Treason and no one ousted him IMMEDIATELY?

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    She wouldn't be a prominent news figure if she didn't keep insinuating she might ruin again while also accusing Tulsi Gabbard of being a Russian asset.
    Except the only morons pushing Gabbard are Republicans that want her to run against Trump, or Russian bots. And you can't really say this when Fox News and other right wing outlets still won't let the Emails and Benghazi go. Literally, if something major happens to Trump, I guarantee that Fox News runs something on their main page about Hillary Clinton.

Look at https://www.foxnews.com/, right now. They are still talking about Peter Strzok as their main headline, and then 3 articles down in the middle, is another Hillary article that has nothing to do with fucking reality. Not a SINGLE FUCKING ARTICLE about the latest depositing from Bill Taylor, because if they gave any information to their viewers/readers, they might lose support for Trump.

This is why Fox News isn't taken seriously by ANYONE, and shouldn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this like the last three times he committed Treason and no one ousted him IMMEDIATELY?
    Yeah, at least they aren't trying to impeach Trump for wearing a fucking Tan Suit or using Dijon Mustard like the Republicans wanted.

Then you can't have it both ways. You can't pretend they're a big enough group that they have to be placated to prevent a Trump but also so insignificant they didn't fuck up a black man being clearly elected twice.

I mean, unless there was a secret army of white supremacists born from Russian sleeper cells infiltrating and impregnating women 18 years ago so they'll be ready for one election. /Tinfoil

- - - Updated - - -

Never claimed they were a big group, just that they are all over the place outside metro areas.

Except the only morons pushing Gabbard are Republicans that want her to run against Trump, or Russian bots. And you can't really say this when Fox News and other right wing outlets still won't let the Emails and Benghazi go. Literally, if something major happens to Trump, I guarantee that Fox News runs something on their main page about Hillary Clinton.

Look at https://www.foxnews.com/, right now. They are still talking about Peter Strzok as their main headline, and then 3 articles down in the middle, is another Hillary article that has nothing to do with fucking reality. Not a SINGLE FUCKING ARTICLE about the latest depositing from Bill Taylor, because if they gave any information to their viewers/readers, they might lose support for Trump.

And that's all well and good. If you want to make the argument that Fox News deflects from negative Trump coverage, that's a compeltely different argument. But if Hillary gets up there and says she hasn't ruled out running again, or that Tulsi Gabbard is working for the Russians, that's going to make a splash.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, at least they aren't trying to impeach Trump for wearing a fucking Tan Suit or using Dijon Mustard like the Republicans wanted.
    So, why isn't anyone doing anything as crazy as them to list him as the large danger he is?

We're so close to 4 years of this insanity and no one who thinks he's the end of America is actually acting like it. They're acting like he's just a greedy fuck.

You think there would have been a collective push to not let him be sworn in instead of limply wagging their fingers as he stuffs his pockets.

- - - Updated - - -

Never claimed they were a big group, just that they are all over the place outside metro areas.
    They have to be a big group if "The MidWest" is a racist hellscape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, they do.

What you aren't getting here is that they see little difference between Trump and the system which permitted him to not only maintain his lifestyle for so many decades but also become President and sin in the fashion he has. Trump is the swamp, to many progressives. As is Biden, the DNC, and every PAC.

Which, honestly, isn't entirely untrue. The only thing which really separates me from them is that I'm not quite at the point where I feel going full red ragger is necessary since...you know.

I still have faith in American political institutions, kinda? Call me stupid, lol.
    As the Rolling Stones said, you can't always get what you want.

You don't always get the perfect candidate to vote for. But that doesn't mean you should just kick the can down the road waiting for prince charming to sweep you away on a white steed.

You don't get points for "abstaining." You just lose. The other side wont "respect you" for your choice. They'll breathe a sigh of relief that you weren't any more difficult to defeat. You wont be extended any "legislative ground" for sticking to your guns. They'll just railroad you. So frankly, it's a matter of "who do I vote for, the person that kind of supports some of the things I want, or the person that stands abjectly and 100% against what I want?" That's what it boils down to with Trump. Biden, Bernie, Warren; any of them have my vote. Frankly I don't really care who the next president is, so long as it isn't Donald Trump. I'm interested in the prosperity of the country, and the number one deciding factor in whether this country progresses or not is whether Trump is president or not. Everything, EVERYTHING else after that? That's just frosting on top; almost inconsequential compared to whether Trump holds the reigns of power, or whether he's held accountable and much-needed triage can by done on the government.

Politics does not progress in leaps and bounds because you elected the perfect person. It progresses slowly, and only by constant supervision and effort. Sometimes it moves forwards a lot, sometimes it moves forwards a little. But you need to take the gains you can get. Not poo-poo them because they're not as big and fantastical as you'd like.

What politics DOES do quickly is slide straight to hell when people stop caring because they're not being handed everything they want. See... Trump. And see a 2020-2024 Trump presidency if any considerable number of progressives "sit it out and wait for the perfect candidate" while Trump and his cronies, politically absolved of all wrongdoing and accountability, do nigh-irreparable harm to the US government.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-10-25 at 12:29 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

So, why isn't anyone doing anything as crazy as them to list him as the large danger he is?

We're so close to 4 years of this insanity and no one who thinks he's the end of America is actually acting like it. They're acting like he's just a greedy fuck.

You think there would have been a collective push to not let him be sworn in instead of limply wagging their fingers as he stuffs his pockets.
    He is a greedy fuck, he "donated" his salary, but is making money hand over fist from his properties every weekend he goes there. Literally over $100 million since his inauguration, thanks to charging the Secret Service and everyone else to stay at Mar-A-Lago.

He is a greedy fuck, he "donated" his salary, but is making money hand over fist from his properties every weekend he goes there. Literally over $100 million since his inauguration, thanks to charging the Secret Service and everyone else to stay at Mar-A-Lago.
    That's not treason. That's expected of a shark like Trump. But, did anyone decide to bring up impeachment then? Nope. They let it continue and went on to blather about fucking Russians.

Why not arrest him since you're complaining about their retarded brown mustard? He's a treasonous person, not a generic criminal like they act like. Three fucking years he's been left to make bank.

That's not treason. That's expected of a shark like Trump. But, did anyone decide to bring up impeachment then? Nope. They let it continue and went on to blather about fucking Russians.

Why not arrest him since you're complaining about their retarded brown mustard? He's a treasonous person, not a generic criminal like they act like. Three fucking years he's been left to make bank.
    Nope, not treason, but emoluments rules broken? ABSOLUTELY. Which is also against the constitution. It is still going through the courts, every time Trump's retarded lawyers say he can't be prosecuted or investigated, keeps it going. Trump has lost literally every case against getting his taxes.

And I like how you want to ignore everything that Trump and his campaign did with the Russians, because he did collude with them.

Nope, not treason, but emoluments rules broken? ABSOLUTELY. Which is also against the constitution. It is still going through the courts, every time Trump's retarded lawyers say he can't be prosecuted or investigated, keeps it going. Trump has lost literally every case against getting his taxes.

And I like how you want to ignore everything that Trump and his campaign did with the Russians, because he did collude with them.
    Then why hasn't he been arrested like Matt was?

Three. Fucking. Years. Why didn't anyone just arrest him? Surely, our country can survive having him arrested and removed after being accused of treason MULTIPLE FUCKING TIMES?!

I'm mostly tired because I expect this mother fucker to get away with it and go to a non-extradition country as people limply do nothing like they have.