Poll: Sanders surges into statistical tie with Warren in California

If those two can get together and flip a coin for top spot and VP...they'd run away with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I am not saying its right or wrong, only why the double standard exists.

One comes out idiotic but real, the other fake/rehearsed, but polite.

The question is what people are looking for... honesty, or politeness.
    Trump is Neither, Sanders is both. Seems like an easy choice.

The only honesty Trump has is the honesty to be as racist to be possible.

I am saying what seems to be upsetting people, and what the democrats are currently doing... putting all of these speeches through speech writers that make sure nothing "offensive" goes in there.
    Where are Democrats doing any of this stuff, specifically, in the presidential race? Because it sure seems like you think this is going on, and because of that you think this justifies other peoples feelings.

That is the expectation of many on the left, the listeners to this stuff... so any "off script" moment or saying something off the cuff from Democrats is usually scrutinized until there is "clarification" or an apology.
    Yes, if you misgender a person the appropriate response is a simple apology and then using the correct gender. That's called basic human decency and not being a dick for no reason. Not sure why people would be so sensitive about this?

Most people that are not entranced with "wokeness" see that as fake... what Trump does... he comes off idiotic, but at the very least he says what he means without any kind of filter...
    This is objectively untrue and we have years of both Trump contradicting himself (often within the same hour), and dozens of Trump translators out there saying, "What the president really meant was..."

If people believe that nonsense, that's on them for being willfully gullible.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Lol, exactly.

(this isn't aimed at you S)

The attacks on Biden for "gaffes" are remarkable. Given that his almost every word is recorded in some way other another, anyone would be walking away with missteps. I could see that maybe Biden certainly has a few more than other candidates, but at the same time, they are blown WAY out of proportion.

AND

Pushing that false narrative only helps the Republicans. It baffles me that any democratic voter is making fun of any top democratic candidate. Aside from Bernie, no one should be getting poked at by Democrats (Bernie should have already dropped out the same day as his heart attack - I'm not suggesting that we poke fun, just that he shouldn't be in the pool anymore).
    Welcome to primaries, where people observe and note the problems with candidates for their own team.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Okay. Your new truth is you never said Bernie needs to pull out over his heart attack. What's your next new truth?
    Lol, jesus - what a total shit show of a poster you've turned into. You're basically lying, and then making things up that I've said and responding to them. Please stop lying.

Bernie had a heart attack - he's out in my opinion because he's a proven health risk compared to the other candidates. Had you bothered to clarify my position with questions rather than lying, we could be having an adult conversation rather than responding your delusions and lies. But since you didn't, here we are.

Bernie - People who have a heart attack have approximately 20% chance of another.

Other candidates - 60-79 age group have a 7.8%(men)/4.5%(women) of having a heart attack.

Next time you're confused about a post, why not ask questions instead of posting drivel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said he was honest, I said what it sounds like...

And I like Bernie myself... so...
    Yes, the honesty to be racist and an asshole.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Poll: Sanders surges into statistical tie with Warren in California

If those two can get together and flip a coin for top spot and VP...they'd run away with it.
    I disagree with Bernie remaining in the race, but I'm wide open to being wrong, and that ticket would be...interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, jesus - what a total shit show of a poster you've turned into. You're basically lying, and then making things up that I've said and responding to them. Please stop lying.

Bernie had a heart attack - he's out in my opinion because he's a proven health risk compared to the other candidates. Had you bothered to clarify my position with questions rather than lying, we could be having an adult conversation rather than responding your delusions and lies. But since you didn't, here we are.

Bernie - People who have a heart attack have approximately 20% chance of another.

Other candidates - 60-79 age group have a 7.8%(men)/4.5%(women) of having a heart attack.

Next time you're confused about a post, why not ask questions instead of posting drivel.
    He always was because you support conservative candidates like Biden, you know this means nothing coming from you, right? He is still a frontrunner in all the polls.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I'm surprised DNC primary voters have no problem voting for someone who pushed for segregation in buses, voted for the Iraq War, pushed for Harsher criminal sentences, and is actually a Blue Dog (conservative) Democrat from the south. The last reason being why Obama picked him as VP in the first place.

I actually hold politician on how they voted, and it doesn't matter if it was 10 or 20 years ago. Because how they voted effective lives, and in Biden case it was detrement to America.

The only ones more conservative than Joe Biden is probably Cloudbootjar and Bloomberg.
    You would pick Trump over Biden?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised DNC primary voters have no problem voting for someone who pushed for segregation in buses, voted for the Iraq War, pushed for Harsher criminal sentences, and is actually a Blue Dog (conservative) Democrat from the south. The last reason being why Obama picked him as VP in the first place.

I actually hold politician on how they voted, and it doesn't matter if it was 10 or 20 years ago. Because how they voted effective lives, and in Biden case it was detrement to America.

The only ones more conservative than Joe Biden is probably Cloudbootjar and Bloomberg.
    Pete "sent the military to Mexico" Buttigieg is pretty close.

Bernie should have already dropped out the same day as his heart attack
    I'll go off what you said and then got extremely pissy at yourself for saying.

Wow. Maybe don't imitate Trump?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why not Biden and Warren? Capture Bernie's leftist leanings but also get some conservative "undecideds" from key swing states.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    He always was because you support conservative candidates like Biden, you know this means nothing coming from you, right? He is still a frontrunner in all the polls.
    You gotta understand. He never said this.

Bernie should have already dropped out the same day as his heart attack
    How dare his statement be held against him?

10+ Year Old Account

*shrug* to some people being honest about being an asshole is better than hiding it and pretending you are not.
    Very few people.

I really hope Bernie is the nominee so people like you can see him sign a $800 billion defense budget. I mean, I'd vote for him because I'd be voting against Trump. But I think it be hilarious and instructive in educating you people about how sausage is made, namely, in that there is precisely one budget that can pass both the House and the Senate, it includes $800 billion in defense, and it's been that way for six years, and there is no reason to believe that will change anytime soon. President Bernie's options are between signing it and keeping government open, or a government shutdown, which will end when he caves signs it anyway, just like Trump.

I sincerely hope that happens. I sincerely hope I live to see a progressive president sign four years of ever larger defense budget bills and not even have a M4A, free colege or UBI bills leave a House Committee for a floor vote.

Maybe then you [people will come to understand how politics works. Because I'm sick to death to explaining it to the local left wing and right wing fantasists. Progressives aren't getting their M4A any more than the Trumphadis are getting their fucking wall. And that's the end of it.

Welcome to the era of the straightjacketed budget. Due to the budget pressures of entitlements and the debt, and American's being fantasists when it comes to taxation, it's going to last the rest of our lives. So yes, it's going to be a delicious irony, that President Bernie would be in the oval office, when American doubles its fleet of Stealth Bombers. I hope I see it. Truly.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I really hope Bernie is the nominee so people like you can see him sign a $800 billion defense budget. I mean, I'd vote for him because I'd be voting against Trump. But I think it be hilarious and instructive in educating you people about how sausage is made, namely, in that there is precisely one budget that can pass both the House and the Senate, it includes $800 billion in defense, and it's been that way for six years, and there is no reason to believe that will change anytime soon. President Bernie's options are between signing it and keeping government open, or a government shutdown, which will end when he caves signs it anyway, just like Trump.

I sincerely hope that happens. I sincerely hope I live to see a progressive president sign four years of ever larger defense budget bills and not even have a M4A, free colege or UBI bills leave a House Committee for a floor vote.

Maybe then you [people will come to understand how politics works. Because I'm sick to death to explaining it to the local left wing and right wing fantasists. Progressives aren't getting their M4A any more than the Trumphadis are getting their fucking wall. And that's the end of it.
    People that think three time Republican mayor, and friend of Trump, Bloomberg is a good Democrat shouldn't be believed that they actually support Bernie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enough people to have Trump win the election, it seems.
    And you know they did not vote for him because they always vote R or because of the border wall/muslim ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

Welcome to the era of the straightjacketed budget. Due to the budget pressures of entitlements and the debt, and American's being fantasists when it comes to taxation, it's going to last the rest of our lives. So yes, it's going to be a delicious irony, that President Bernie would be in the oval office, when American doubles its fleet of Stealth Bombers. I hope I see it. Truly.
    Gotta love it when Skroe shows up and show us how much he loves war.

10+ Year Old Account
    They voted for him for whatever reasons they found him "better" than Hillary... and one of the complaints about Hillary was that she was a lier/fake/two faced.
    And how do you know this was the majority? What about most voters who just vote R no matter who it is?

I would pick neither, and save me your "a vote not against Trump is a vote for Trump".
    Actually I wasn't going to say that but the fact that in your mind they are the same is rather insane. The problem is Trump a person with no morals who is all about himself surrounded by racists, while I don't want Joe he is a better person than Trump.