10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Why? My understanding of the UK election is the labour party went down because of a bunch of anti-semitic shit going on in the party.
    Mostly just slander from the media, the worst was some members getting kicked out for it.. But that not stop the slander against Corbyn. Meanwhile they have no problem with it when it comes from the tories, just goes to show what is wrong with the UK media.

So, down to 7 speakers in the next Debate.
    Any predictions? Preferences? Questions you hope get brought up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    So, down to 7 speakers in the next Debate.
    Any predictions? Preferences? Questions you hope get brought up?
    Biden is going to do his best to ignore everyone. If his debate advisors aren't garbage they will not have him attack Pete.

Pete will be attacked by Sanders. I don't think Warren will try as she's more or less lost the dustup they had last week, but her campaign has made some really puzzling moves in its freefall.

I'm thinking Klobuchar may attack Biden, but I'm less sure about this.

I expect Yang and Steyer's inexperience to really be brought to the forefront in a smaller debate setting. They'll have some good lines, but I don't think they'll do well with the increased scrutiny.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    You know how we have a 0% chance of getting anything passed? Having McConnell as majority leader.

Cutting out red state Democrats effectively means there's no shot at ever passing even the most moderate of reforms.
    I think you missed some important words in my post, like “if” and “future coalition.” To reiterate: if the Democrats want to win in enough places to get to 60 votes, that will require making concessions- most likely on immigration and some of the social issues that diminish their popularity in those areas.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

December debate is basically cancelled!

All the candidates that made the stage have vowed to not cross the picket lines if the strike is ongoing...

https://twitter.com/UNITEHERE11/stat...61555141586944

10+ Year Old Account
    The debates have been dry since October. They can afford to take one off anyway. Sadly CNN has the next one...but it will be a big one because the DNC loves Iowa...

Haven't looked up the criteria for that one but must cut stage, finally.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    And this one is also relevant, arguably prophetic, even though it is from waaay back, maybe last year:
    Mid-May. The date is on the bottom right. Still a bit prophetic but the writing was on the wall for him for at least that long anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Mid-May. The date is on the bottom right. Still a bit prophetic but the writing was on the wall for him for at least that long anyway.
    Good point. I haven't spotted it.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/statu...36637482459137

A nazi sympathizer calling Bernie antisemitic. US media taking tips from the UK media I see.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/statu...36637482459137

A nazi sympathizer calling Bernie antisemitic. US media taking tips from the UK media I see.
    Dont include the Washington Examiner with actual media... they're little more than a right wing fever dream tabloid.

Overall, we rate the Washington Examiner Right Biased based on editorial positions that almost exclusively favor the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Dont include the Washington Examiner with actual media... they're little more than a right wing fever dream tabloid.
    That did not stop the Brits.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Biden needs to learn to deal with being asked about his son's involvement in Ukraine. And if his opponents are smart, they will bring it up too in the debates. If he is the nominee, he better expect to deal with it a lot. Trump will not let him off the hook in a debate.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Biden needs to learn to deal with being asked about his son's involvement in Ukraine. And if his opponents are smart, they will bring it up too in the debates. If he is the nominee, he better expect to deal with it a lot. Trump will not let him off the hook in a debate.
    Why? He can just ignore it, insult the reporter, and say she's fat or retarded... like Trump does.

As for bringing it up in a debate... bring up Trump's racism, or love of peeping in on underage girls when they are changing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Why? He can just ignore it, insult the reporter, and say she's fat or retarded... like Trump does.

As for bringing it up in a debate... bring up Trump's racism, or love of peeping in on underage girls when they are changing.
    Or just do all 3.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    With Warren fading, Buttigieg also fading, the race is IMHO coming down to Sanders vs. Biden. Mainly because both have a strong core of what their campaign is about.

Biden is nostalgia, centrism and remembering the 90's and Obama. Sanders is the candidate for revolution and structural change. Warren unfortunately has stalled and her reliance on Wonks and P.M.C types leaves her a small base. Buttigieg wants those same votes but has no real reason to run.

Sanders and Biden are the only candidates of any merit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure why you think Biden should put up with a fiction-based attempt at character assassination on himself and his son.

Anyone pushing the Hunter Biden conspiracy nonsense is either an idiot or is a malicious actor looking to sow disinformation and propaganda for political gain.

Heck, if anyone but a politician makes this argument, Hunter has a pretty solid case for a defamation lawsuit against them, since it's so obviously meritless horseshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Anyone pushing the Hunter Biden conspiracy nonsense is either an idiot or is a malicious actor looking to sow disinformation and propaganda for political gain.
    Republicans fit none of these descriptions...oh wait.

If Biden is the nominee, Hunter will be the new “but her emails”
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Republicans fit none of these descriptions...oh wait.

If Biden is the nominee, Hunter will be the new “but her emails”
    Because they they have is mud slinging and triggerin' the libs. I have yet to see how any Trump proposals are going to improve the lives of my family.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Because if he freaks out like a little child during a debate in the race for the presidency it's over before it began.
    Couldn't you have figured this out yourself?
    And now we've moved the goalposts to "freaks out like a child". Which Biden hasn't done, and there's no indication he would.

Also, this isn't even a realistic expectation. If it were, Trump would have never gotten close to the Presidency. He throws a childish tantrum pretty much once a week or more, publicly.

Ah, so you admit the purpose of Trump's Ukraine business was to hurt Biden.