Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    might be. still better than trump.
    not sure there is much of a difference between a man who wears a mask and a man who doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    not sure there is much of a difference between a man who wears a mask and a man who doesn't.
    Worlds of differences between the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rally in Iowa got a lil ugly tonight.

Surprised they didnt chant "lock her up". Oh wait they did that during the convention. From his surrogates, from his supporters, from his campaign. His bratty, selfish fans all but ruined the last convention w/ their booing & tantrums. And they have the nerve to cry "UNITY". "DIVISIVE". Fuckk off.

Boo Hillary Clinton, trash Obama, but try to understand Joe Rogan or George Wallace with some nuance.

Bernie and his fawning pundit army never seem to grasp this very simple calculus: Bernie can’t win without any 2016 Hillary voters, but Biden can win without any 2016 Bernie voters. Biden doesn’t have to do outreach, Bernie does.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Anyone that supports Biden is going to vote regardless. It's mostly old people. They never skip voting.

The people we need to bring into the process are those who don't usually vote. That's what Bernie is much better at.

Bernie would receive millions more votes than Biden versus Trump. Biden is a bad candidate. Just like Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Surprised they didnt chant "lock her up". Oh wait they did that during the convention. From his surrogates, from his supporters, from his campaign. His bratty, selfish fans all but ruined the last convention w/ their booing & tantrums. And they have the nerve to cry "UNITY". "DIVISIVE". Fuckk off.

Boo Hillary Clinton, trash Obama, but try to understand Joe Rogan or George Wallace with some nuance.

Bernie and his fawning pundit army never seem to grasp this very simple calculus: Bernie can’t win without any 2016 Hillary voters, but Biden can win without any 2016 Bernie voters. Biden doesn’t have to do outreach, Bernie does.
    Yes, everyone has to like Clinton and suck her off simply because she has a D by her name. Grats on being as bad as Republicans I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tlaib won her primary by 1% in a crowded field, she may well lose the 2020 primary. Hillary won her district by double digits in the primary, and by 60 points in the general. The Squad is kind of terrible at politics.

Biden just needs to pick up like 70k more voters.

Bernie needs to wrangle all of Hillary's 63 million voters.

Biden just needs to pick up like 70k more voters.

Bernie needs to wrangle all of Hillary's 63 million voters.
    That's about the level of hypocrisy I expected from you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    That's about the level of hypocrisy I expected from you.
    Why is that hypocrisy? I feel like I'm talking to a 10 year old that hates math. But not as much as you hate conventional Dems.

Maybe we need a special frame work for Bernie math? Lets see...

Convention Dems like Biden = bad (0)
    Bernie Scrapping POdcast bigots = good (1)

And judging by all your comments, it definitely feels like a binary format, no compromise allowed.

Why is that hypocrisy? I feel like I'm talking to a 10 year old that hates math. But not as much as you hate conventional Dems.

Maybe we need a special frame work for Bernie math? Lets see...

Convention Dems like Biden = bad (0)
    Bernie Scrapping POdcast bigots = good (1)

And judging by all your comments, it definitely feels like a binary format, no compromise allowed.
    Because you think Biden is owed the votes of Sanders supporters, but don't think Sanders is owed the votes of Biden supporters. Seems like hypocrisy to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Because you think Biden is owed the votes of Sanders supporters, but don't think Sanders is owed the votes of Biden supporters. Seems like hypocrisy to me.
    I never said that. Your reading comprehension is as bad as your math. Those 70k voters could come from anywhere.

I dont imagine anyone is counting on BErnie voters. Polls show a plurality of them have no back-up candidate. I'm sure all of the Susan Saradons and Nina Turners will vote for Jill Stein again. If they even vote at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Anyone that supports Biden is going to vote regardless. It's mostly old people. They never skip voting.

The people we need to bring into the process are those who don't usually vote. That's what Bernie is much better at.

Bernie would receive millions more votes than Biden versus Trump. Biden is a bad candidate. Just like Hillary.
    I agree with you. I personally think the same could be said about warren in regards to Bernie. I think both could fire up people who don't usually vote to come out. There is nothing to be excited about with biden enough to get young people to vote, which was key in 2018 blue wave.

There are gonna be a shit ton of people voting regardless, the three key demo's that are gonna make or break it for dems are young people, black women, and suburban women. suburban women are gonna vote regardless, and if the special elections and 2018 elections show, they are gonna vote blue. Black women and men have to deal with voter suppression, but if they can vote, they will also vote blue. That leaves the young vote. Warren and obviously Sanders can reach and excite them to come out and vote. I think that's where Biden struggles as he seems out of touch even though he's technically younger than Bernie.

But regardless who wins the nomination, they can not push this narrative that's it's a sure thing like with clinton that they are gonna win. The polls didn't show it was a sure thing, but the way it was presented in the msm they made it seem like it was. That breeds complacency, which demotivates voters. I know in my state, it's a presidential election, the dems are gonna win. Illinois is a blue state, not purple. However that's the trick, knowing it's going blue, makes me think my vote doesn't matter, which demotivates me to vote. however we have gotten many republican governors(almost all of whom have been shit) in off presidential elections because of complacency, there is still a large enough red voting base in illinois that our votes do actually matter here. we got rid of a terrible governor in 2018 and got a dem because of the blue wave in 2018, who's so far been great.

Biden is a trap. he seems like the safest bet, but in reality he doesn't excite, especially the younger voters like bernie and warren do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    there is going to be some back dealing ratfuckery and it will be bloomberg wont it.
    If he buys the election, I hope people will vote 3rd party or not at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post

That people prefer Biden over Sanders just goes to show how conservative they actually are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bernie already crying about how the system is rigged against him. This time because the DNC is letting Bloomberg potentially participate in the next debate (if he passes a polling threshold or gets at least one delegate in Iowa).

https://www.newsweek.com/bernie-sand...eshold-1485183

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Bernie already crying about how the system is rigged against him. This time because the DNC is letting Bloomberg potentially participate in the next debate (if he passes a polling threshold or gets at least one delegate in Iowa).

you should really think about the framing of this article lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post

Yeah, changing the rules mid-primary to benefit the richest man in the race is very normal. I though you guys hated the 'liberal elite'?

People shouldnt be surprised rashida tlaib did her own version of 'lock her up'

Much like Trump supporters Bernie supporters are a personality cult

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    People shouldnt be surprised rashida tlaib did her own version of 'lock her up'

Much like Trump supporters Bernie supporters are a personality cult
    Except there is evidence that Trump broke the law, not with Clinton though.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Agreed and understood!!! I have been lacking in optimism as well, and for a lot of the same reasons. So when I found a reason to CHEER... well you saw the result!

The reason your scenario never really occurred to me is that I am expecting Biden to drop like a rock fairly shortly. He just doesn't seem to want to be President. Whereas both Sanders and Bloomberg are fighting as hard as they can with the resources and advantages that they have.

Sanders has proven he can take a punch, and can turn the tables against his attackers. Bloomberg has promised to fight hard against Trump all the way to the election regardless who the democratic nominee is, and also has put together a decent political strategy and shown signs of being politically competent.

Biden, on the other hand... well I hate to use a Trump quote, but he seems to be a low energy candidate. And not particularly competent when he DOES spend energy. Once he loses his front runner status, I think he will drop quickly.

I think that either Sanders or Bloomberg would win by a nice margin against Trump. I don't see Biden being able to handle the volume of trash that will be thrown at him if he is the nominee.
    I have to agree with you on Biden his heart doesn't seem to be in this, my guess is he has people that pressured him to run. I don't think he will drop out because of those same pressures, he is still front runner and has enough money to last so I don't see him dropping out. I truly hope Biden doesn't win because we need a fighter even at the first debate my first thought was Biden so does not want to be here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Except there is evidence that Trump broke the law, not with Clinton though.
    Hey stop bringing facts into this

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    She deserved to get boo'ed.

What version of reality are people living in that they think Hillary is a good person?
    The same ones who think the abusive and dishonest partisan hit job House Democrats did was in fact a legitimate impeachment over impeachable offenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    The same ones who think the abusive and dishonest partisan hit job House Democrats did was in fact a legitimate impeachment over impeachable offenses.
    It was a legitimate impeachment. There' was plenty of evidence, plenty of witnesses, admissions of guilt by co-conspirators, and a long paper trail.

The IC IG thought it was legitimate, as well.