Page 97 of 131 FirstFirst ...
47
87
95
96
97
98
99
107
... LastLast
  1. #1921
    The Unstoppable Force cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    24,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Hmm, looking at the current state of the race I'm expecting Pocahontas to get the nomination. Sanders has the DNC establishment against him, plus his recent heart attack... I think he would do better than Warren if he was nominated, but between those two issues he won't be. Biden is tainted by the Ukraine stuff and dementia it seems, and FWIW Gabbard will be Arkancided before she gets the nomination. There's still time for Hillary to have one last go though, and if she stands she might well get the nomination (there'll be lot of powerful people backing her).

    Doesn't matter though, because it'll be Trumpslide 2020 with a bigger win than in 2016 regardless of who the DNC serves up to the God-Emperor.
    Do you think this time he'll win the popular vote?
    No one is above the law!

  2. #1922
    Banned Teleros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    How would he win in a landslide when he didn't win in a landslide before, his base has been shrinking slightly, the 2018 elections show people don't like him or his "policies", and every poll has him losing against pretty much every major dem candidate so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    LMAO Trump barely won 2016 why do you think he'll win a landslide this time?
    Here's an interesting model:

    https://www.moodysanalytics.com/-/me...tion-model.pdf

    TL;DR version: Dems only win if they get maximum turnout, on average or low non-Republican turnout the God-Emperor gets his landslide:

    Max turnout: D 279 v R 259
    Avg turnout: D 206 v R 332
    Low turnout: D 158 v R 380

    Now, Moody's got the 2016 result wrong, but prior to that had a very good record.

    As to the polls, I don't trust them one iota. I mean, what's the God-Emperor's approval rating? On 29th August Rasmussen said it was 47%, but Quinnipiac said 38% just a day earlier. Which one is right? Who knows. And that's not even going into the issue of rigged polls and the like.

    On the other hand, although this is a couple of months old, voter registration is going well for the Republicans in key states:

    https://twitter.com/LarrySchweikart/...66641914535937

    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Do you think this time he'll win the popular vote?
    Who cares? The US isn't, and never was, a democracy.

  3. #1923
    The Unstoppable Force cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    24,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Here's an interesting model:

    https://www.moodysanalytics.com/-/me...tion-model.pdf

    TL;DR version: Dems only win if they get maximum turnout, on average or low non-Republican turnout the God-Emperor gets his landslide:

    Max turnout: D 279 v R 259
    Avg turnout: D 206 v R 332
    Low turnout: D 158 v R 380

    Now, Moody's got the 2016 result wrong, but prior to that had a very good record.

    As to the polls, I don't trust them one iota. I mean, what's the God-Emperor's approval rating? On 29th August Rasmussen said it was 47%, but Quinnipiac said 38% just a day earlier. Which one is right? Who knows. And that's not even going into the issue of rigged polls and the like.

    On the other hand, although this is a couple of months old, voter registration is going well for the Republicans in key states:

    https://twitter.com/LarrySchweikart/...66641914535937
    They got it wrong last time, but this time they really figured it out?


    Who cares? The US isn't, and never was, a democracy.
    Trump does. He lies about it almost every week. He embarrasses this country with his non-popular win in front of other world leaders.
    No one is above the law!

  4. #1924
    Herald of the Titans Zaydin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    2,999
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    LMAO Trump barely won 2016 why do you think he'll win a landslide this time?
    The magic of denial and wishful thinking. The GOP acts like Trump being impeached will boost him because it helped Clinton. The difference is that Clinton had about a 69% or so approval rating when he got impeached. Trump has never even broken 50% approval outside biased outliers like Rasmussen.

    Trump has had an abysmal approval rating since taking office despite the relatively good economy. If it falters even a little before the election next year, he is pretty much guaranteed to be a goner.

    The GOP base might love him, but the Democratic base hates him and is larger than the GOP base and independents are souring on Trump. Dems need to run ads targeting independents stating "You have had four years to see who Donald Trump really is. He will never change who he is because he thinks he is perfect. Do you really want four more years that will be identical to the last four?"
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers


  5. #1925
    Banned Teleros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    They got it wrong last time, but this time they really figured it out?
    We'll see I guess. It's a predictive model, so obviously there's room for error.

    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Trump does. He lies about it almost every week. He embarrasses this country with his non-popular win in front of other world leaders.
    The more lefties reeee over it the more he'll continue, you realise...?

    Mind you, with 4 years in power to root out dodgy Democratic voting tricks / disenfranchise poor people & minorities (take your pick), I'll certainly have a good old chuckle if he does win the popular vote this time around .

  6. #1926
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    LMAO Trump barely won 2016 why do you think he'll win a landslide this time?
    That post contained so much absurdity I'm amazed you managed to focus on just one ridiculous part of it, did you miss that conspiracy theory is the only thing that can stop Gabbard's nomination, or that Hillary is coming back into the race? Biden has dementia and is dirty? None of it can be taken seriously.
    /s

  7. #1927
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Who cares? The US isn't, and never was, a democracy.
    That is false, US is a representative Democracy.


    TL;DR version: Dems only win if they get maximum turnout, on average or low non-Republican turnout the God-Emperor gets his landslide:
    Moody was wrong about the last election, and in this election cycle Turnout will be much higher.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    That post contained so much absurdity I'm amazed you managed to focus on just one ridiculous part of it, did you miss that conspiracy theory is the only thing that can stop Gabbard's nomination, or that Hillary is coming back into the race? Biden has dementia and is dirty? None of it can be taken seriously.
    Don't forget about the resurgence of Jill Stein bashing the DNC yet again on the news LMAO.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-10-21 at 12:59 AM.

  8. #1928
    I can honestly say this, I will NOT vote for Biden, even if he wins.

    He has already publicly stated within the past few years that he wants to cut social security and medicaid. He actually trying pitching it as "Cutting it to save it".


    That is a deal breaker for me, we have ways of addressing it, that isn't one of them as they aren't funded or run properly as is and would just make things worse. And I will not vote to endorse that.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  9. #1929
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I can honestly say this, I will NOT vote for Biden, even if he wins.

    He has already publicly stated within the past few years that he wants to cut social security and medicaid. He actually trying pitching it as "Cutting it to save it".


    That is a deal breaker for me, we have ways of addressing it, that isn't one of them as they aren't funded or run properly as is and would just make things worse. And I will not vote to endorse that.
    Lets see if you get the same bullshit lectures I did when I said I wouldn't vote for Biden.
    /s

  10. #1930
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Lets see if you get the same bullshit lectures I did when I said I wouldn't vote for Biden.
    I will say it same as I did during the last major election and still stand by it. If they want my vote, they need to give me something to vote FOR, not just a big bad to vote against.

    Until they do that, I don't vote for them and they keep voter turnout low running their base off. They need to figure that out. It isn't that younger generations aren't reliable voters, its that the party has reliably proven themselves not giving them reasons to come out and vote for them and trying to motivate them with fear of a big bad to vote against doesn't motivate as much when they are another big bad themselves.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  11. #1931
    The Unstoppable Force cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    24,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    We'll see I guess. It's a predictive model, so obviously there's room for error.
    Are there models that don't have room for error?


    The more lefties reeee over it the more he'll continue, you realise...?

    Mind you, with 4 years in power to root out dodgy Democratic voting tricks / disenfranchise poor people & minorities (take your pick), I'll certainly have a good old chuckle if he does win the popular vote this time around .
    Reeeee? He's the one that continues to pull out the EC chart, telling anyone who'll listen how great his victory was - when it objectively wasn't.

    It would be interesting with all the GOP disenfranchisement if he wins the popular vote this time around. Assuming he survives impeachment.
    No one is above the law!

  12. #1932
    Moody's looks at 3 things... Unemployment, Stock Market averages and Consumer Sentiment... That's it. It's going to be very flawed with a candidate like Trump.

  13. #1933
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Moody's looks at 3 things... Unemployment, Stock Market averages and Consumer Sentiment... That's it. It's going to be very flawed with a candidate like Trump.
    Considering, that with any other candidate that knows what they are talking about, wouldn't do tariffs, which means that the economy, stock market, consumer sentiment and unemployment would be better under literally anyone else.

  14. #1934
    Old God I Push Buttons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    10,589
    Seems fringe leftists hate Bernie now.



    https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/st...05744146554882


  15. #1935
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Seems fringe leftists hate Bernie now.



    https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/st...05744146554882

    Tulsi Gabbard is a moron, she needs to drop out now. She is only being pushed by Trump supporters or Russian bots.

  16. #1936
    The Insane PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    19,082
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Seems fringe leftists hate Bernie now.



    https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/st...05744146554882

    [IG]https://i.imgur.com/gw65qiL.png[/IMG]
    Every tweet in this picture is ridiculous.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Tulsi Gabbard is a moron, she needs to drop out now. She is only being pushed by Trump supporters or Russian bots.
    The debate is still too open. The DNC is doing a good job at keeping people from being interested in the debates. Hell, the only reason why I watch Octobers was to see how Biden reacted to, 'I worked with Obama' no longer working.

    Tusli shouldn't have been able to requalify. The stage should have been capped at 8 and Novembers debate at 6.

    As of now Biden, Sanders, Warren, Yang, Steyer, Buttigieg, Harris, and Booker have qualified. Just cut it off there.

    Castro is threatening to jump out, no one will miss him.

  17. #1937
    Scarab Lord Milchshake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Publicly Shaming a Fascist
    Posts
    4,862
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Seems fringe leftists hate Bernie now.



    https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/st...05744146554882

    Sorry Bernie, this is a deal breaker for me. Looks like his hate for Hillary is more important than his policies.

    Bernie is doing this merely as virtue signaling to Tulsi Bros. Hoping to pick up their votes once Tulsi drops.
    It's cynical and stupid.
    • Cynical, because he's still desperate for support, even if it means picking up more toxic supporters. Building a broader coalition is just not something he seems to grasp.
    • Stupid, since I doubt Tulsi will ever really drop out. She will probably ride her "opposition" all the way to a Fox News Spot until the general election. She's already a permanent fixture on Tucker's Hour of Racial Animus.

  18. #1938
    I disagree with the hate for Bernie here.

    But for the sake of airing out the real argument, what's with the hate for Tulsi?

  19. #1939
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    How is she anti-war when she wants to continue the war on terror? Do you actually research these candidates or do you just believe everything Jimmy Dore tells you?
    I don't even like Jimmy Dore. My god people on here have become so vapid and draw their own little narrative based on nothing but their feels.
    Last edited by Jettisawn; 2019-10-22 at 02:06 AM.
    The worst part about the internet is that it let the truly crazy, racist, and bigots find each other easily.

  20. #1940
    The Insane PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    19,082
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Sorry Bernie, this is a deal breaker for me. Looks like his hate for Hillary is more important than his policies.

    Bernie is doing this merely as virtue signaling to Tulsi Bros. Hoping to pick up their votes once Tulsi drops.
    It's cynical and stupid.
    • Cynical, because he's still desperate for support, even if it means picking up more toxic supporters. Building a broader coalition is just not something he seems to grasp.
    • Stupid, since I doubt Tulsi will ever really drop out. She will probably ride her "opposition" all the way to a Fox News Spot until the general election. She's already a permanent fixture on Tucker's Hour of Racial Animus.
    Sanders can get all 3 of them who were serious about supporting her.

    Seriously though, I don't agree with him but it's not a deal breaker for me. I think he sees potential in a young Democrat, even though I feel like Tulsi is ruining her congressional career. Too much optimism from Bernie.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •