Thread: Never Biden

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Never Biden

Different beats better.

Different IS better.

I support almost everything I've ever seen attributed to Sanders. He's my kind of candidate from a policy standpoint.

Sanders was the best candidate to beat Trump, but now we'll never know. Sanders was probably not tough enough; perpetually hamstrung by a need to court allies that considered him too radical to their own centrist and corporatist agendas. But Sanders was probably one of the last chances we were going to get to fixing things without actual bloodshed. Sanders actually was the compromise candidate for any true leftist, so that part is over I think. Any future leftist DC newcomers will face the same institutional bullshit and be either seduced by money or likewise hamstrung by the false perception that their views are too radical by centrist and corporatist Dems and the GOP.

I voted for Obama twice. I didn't really like Obama at all. I thought of Obama as a soft Republican (on record likening his own policies as those of a "moderate republican") and that's actually what he was and still is. Strangely, the one thing that I liked about voting for Obama was that he was black and that it might go some small distance toward mending racial divides in the U.S. even though I consider identity politics almost 100% complete bullshit and never worth even the smallest expenditure of political capital. Obama was still quite new, and I didn't really have anything that he had done that I personally found objectionable or that was any worse than his opposition. At the time of each election, he was probably the best candidate given the options. But I don't in any way long for a return to the way Obama mishandled the financial crisis or anything else really. Obama's presidency was a long string of broken promises, half measures, and the usual neoliberal, globalist bullshit eating out our substance. I have zero nostalgia for Obama except that he was dignified and articulate. Consider how low the bar has gotten.

We need an FDR but I don't see that we have anyone that can handle this precise moment with the twin threats of financial meltdown and pandemic. Best advice: Stay safe, stay sane. Act in your own self-interest, but never forget what your neighbors are going through. Be a good citizen.

Elites chose Biden over Sanders because their interests are protected whether Biden or Trump wins - what they couldn't tolerate was a president that might act to upend the status quo in favor of much needed reforms. It's a one party system, with two right wings - no middle and no left. These corporatist jackasses give money to their friends (GOP) and then tell you all the things you can't possibly have as an ordinary member of society (Dems). This whole game is “Heads we win, tails you lose” for the elites. And nothing makes that clearer than the disaster politics of the last few weeks where the only real bailout was for the corporations that didn't even need it.

I will never vote for Biden - and I mean NEVER. Biden might as well be my economic enemy based on the voting record of his entire political career. I am not likely to vote for Trump either. Voting for either of those jokers is not to my political advantage so I just don't care who wins between the two. But Biden has actually done real harm, whereas Trump is just a semi-incompetent criminal. To me, Biden is actually worse given his decades long record. Biden will not do anything I truly want, and instead might actually do things I specifically oppose as he has done in the past. Biden is on record actually opposing many of the things people project onto him, but they either don't know or don't care. During a pandemic, Dems pointedly rejected the guy that supported a unified health service in favor of the guy that is in the pocket of the health insurance industry. I mean, really?! Southern blacks are dying at higher rates than others but supported the guy that has multiple times denied supporting "medicare for all." Is this more of Obama's "three dimensional chess"?

So our current choices are between an incompetent criminal and a doddering oldster in mental decline. Both beholden to the elite masters of Wall Street, globalism, and neoliberalism - in short, the status quo of the last four decades. Pussy-grabbers unite!

My simple prediction: Trump will be reelected. Sadly.

I am too old to actually give a shit either way. Let the chips fall where they may. I'll almost certainly leave the U.S. for greener pastures.

But this is no way to run a country.

Mod Edit: This thread is closed.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-04-10 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    My simple prediction: Trump will be reelected. Sadly.
    Trump was being elected no matter what. Stupidity is the unstoppable force of the universe.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like I'll be voting 3rd party AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Trump was being elected no matter what. Stupidity is the unstoppable force of the universe.
    you just need to find the immovable object then

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't think Americans could get any more stupid than 2016. But apparently 4 years of President Stupid has a deteriorating effect.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-04-10 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    The "Never Bernie" crowd are pretty disgusting people too:
    *snip*

Democratic Party should just split up and Bernie should run as independent.
    Why do people seem to forget he only switches to democrat for elections, then swaps right back once he knows he wont need their political infrastructure

He is, and he still wouldn't get votes. He only joined the DNC to get access to people and money.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I would like to see that happen.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    It's your funeral at the end of the day, wouldn't be the first and wouldn't be the last time a boomer made the situation worse for future generations.

So, who are you voting for in November?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    "Biden cannot win so I won't vote for him!"
    That's some quality logic there
    Well it beats "i can't get far left ideologies to win so i am going to stick it to them with far right ideologies!"

That's like going to a bank, putting a gun to your head and saying "If you don't give me all your money i am going to blow my own brains out!".

This is a pretty hilarious take. Is that the reason that is being floated around now in neoliberal circles?

It's somehow Bernie's fault that the least popular candidate (Warren) had a horrible nomination performance?
    I see you're just creating your own definition for least.

And yes, Bernie fucked it up for progressives, no matter what you think. He was too far left to pull enough votes (in the democratic primary), and split the progressive vote between 2 people. Whining doesn't change this fact. Inventing your own voting results also doesn't change that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

I'm basing this on the fact that numerous polls indicated her as the least popular candidate (even below Hillary, Klobuchar etc.) and also as the only candidate who was projected as unable to win in an election against Trump.

Sanders didn't really split much votes either, considering Warren barely ever got any votes to begin with... (I mean, it was the whole reason why she very reluctantly dropped out).

Most people saw through the thin veil of progressiveness she was wearing to try hide her establishment core.
    I'd like to seem some evidence on these claims.

Also, you still refuse to say who you are voting for in November.

I'm basing this on the fact that numerous polls indicated her as the least popular candidate (even below Hillary, Klobuchar etc.) and also as the only candidate who was projected as unable to win in an election against Trump.

Sanders didn't really split much votes either, considering Warren barely ever got any votes to begin with...

Most people saw through the thin veil of progressiveness she was wearing to try hide her establishment core.
    She A) got more votes than most of the candidates and B) was projected to beat trump in head to head polling, cited on this website multiple times.

Most people see through your thin veil of lies you are spewing to try to hide the fact that your posting is basically agit prop 101. Next you'll be talking about how 9/11 was an inside job again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a pretty hilarious take. Is that the reason that is being floated around now in neoliberal circles?

It's somehow Bernie's fault that the least popular candidate (Warren) had a horrible nomination performance?
    With your own ridiculous take, I'm thinking you don't really get to call anyone else out.
    /s

I was very intent on digging up those graphs which I already linked numerous times in the mega-thread a few months ago, but sadly I couldn't find them for the first few minutes that I did effort. Buried under a mountain of other "Why Warren lost / fucked up"-articles on Google by now it seems.

I'm voting for nobody in November.

And no, anyone who doesn't vote is not voting for Trump... (because else you could just as well say: If you're not voting you're helping Biden).
    So, you choice to vote for nobody, does that mean you are actually an American citizen who could actually vote, but will choose not to? I only ask, because we have a great many people from other nations who feel compelled to push false narratives to muddy the waters.

Thanks for admitting you couldn't find that evidence, shall we expect a retraction?

I find it odd that this is cast as a decision of "the elites" rather than just recognizing and acknowledging that voters went to the polls and beat your guy. Let's get a bit more specific about which voters went to the polls and beat your guy - black voters overwhelmingly support Joe Biden, as detailed at some length here. I get that it's hard for leftists to realize that no one really gives much of a shit what your take is, including mainstream Democrats, but you at least need to come to terms with the reality that when you throw a tantrum about Biden, it mostly just makes it seem like you wish the Democrat party didn't allow black voters to have so much influence.

I will give credit to most here we are political savvy enough on how and who you will vote for in upcoming election.

That being said, everyone here should report these threads to moderation to close.

This and another thread, just closed are the same used in 2016 to suppress the vote. I warn MMO-C and others that this forum being used as a misinformation site in upcoming election.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

I don't want to be rude, but so many people of lesser capacity voting for Biden and even more (I don't even have the words) people voting for Trump.

Why are we blessed with such high IQ, such ability to process reality, why are we always so accurate on so many things, important things...
    We live our days with such clarity, strength and compassion, unlike those lesser beings who doesn't vote Bernie.

I really don't want to hate those people, they don't know any better. But we really are better, so much better people.

At least in this forum, we found each other. This forum really is just beautiful, unlike the world outside: Full of those people!
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-04-10 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

5+ Year Old Account
    There is already a thread to discuss how you want to vote. Continue discussion there.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."