10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    She get in as much trouble as Jill Stein.
    Fair, Jill Stein should have been investigated way more then she was. That campaign was crooked as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Fair, Jill Stein should have been investigated way more then she was. That campaign was crooked as shit.
    Remember that time liberals were so desperate they threw money at her to challenge the election results, and she did fuckall with it? Those were good times.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else getting the definite feeling that Tulsi Gabbard is going to be running as an independent/third party candidate? I am not sure who is bankrolling her, but I think I am all for it. She is going to take a lot more republican votes then Democratic ones.
    As I am. She would probably win Hawaii.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    As I am. She would probably win Hawaii.
    I know that's your hope, but it's probably not gonna happen - https://www.kitv.com/story/41142391/...bards-district

Anyone else getting the definite feeling that Tulsi Gabbard is going to be running as an independent/third party candidate? I am not sure who is bankrolling her, but I think I am all for it. She is going to take a lot more republican votes then Democratic ones.
    Wouldn't put it past Russia to, considering how cozy she is with Syria and Russia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The only real mom is our Orb Queen Marianne Williamson.

Also wasn't she threatening to boycott the bait? They shouldn't have let her 'requalify' in the first place.
    I received a text from her campaign a few days ago, she asked me for her support in the Democratic caucus in February in Iowa, I was like, nope, hard pass. I don't support antivaxxer moronic positions. And they came back with a prewritten response to her position, you could tell she had received that comment before.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post

This is what I mean...she needs to be careful not to come across as Hilary 2.0.
    I called it. People like you are already going to start comparing her deliberately to Hillary, just because.

No matter what happens - you and the rest will be here saying "She comes off too much like Hillary when she says XYZ". Doesn't matter, you're trying to spread that idea, and you WANT her to be compared to Hillary via her association of being both "Female and Democrat".

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    I called it. People like you are already going to start comparing her deliberately to Hillary, just because.

No matter what happens - you and the rest will be here saying "She comes off too much like Hillary when she says XYZ". Doesn't matter, you're trying to spread that idea, and you WANT her to be compared to Hillary via her association of being both "Female and Democrat".
    I'm starting to wonder if the GOP blew their wad a year early on the native heritage issue. She didn't handle it very well at the time, which wasn't good, but she sure as shit regrouped, learned from it, and is probably 3x as tough in public as she was before. I feel like the GOP did her a favor - kind of an early training ground for national campaigning.

It's easy to see Gabbard as Hillary-lite. She seems to have libertarian positions, her big experiences seem to be foreign affairs and military.
    ...and that's an interesting turnabout from back when she endorsed Bernie Sanders in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Doubtful. I view the conservative support of her (and others like Yang) as bad-faith acting rather than anything serious. They're boosting the fringe/low tier candidates that are most out of step with the rest of the field to try to gum up the primary, not because they actually support those candidates.
    I worked with a guy that described himself as right-leaning, and he was all about Yang. He especially liked the basic income. They are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if the GOP blew their wad a year early on the native heritage issue. She didn't handle it very well at the time, which wasn't good, but she sure as shit regrouped, learned from it, and is probably 3x as tough in public as she was before. I feel like the GOP did her a favor - kind of an early training ground for national campaigning.
    It wasn't even good fodder THEN. She claimed to have Native American ancestry. The test showed she had Native American ancestry--just less than she had originally thought. Her only mistake was stooping to Trump's level in the first place to have the pointless test done. The whole thing blew over in a matter of a couple weeks with Trump gaining nothing and Warren losing nothing. I'm sure it won't stop him from trotting out his racist nickname for her in the primaries should she win, though.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    It clearly says in your own link that the vetting process had not yet been completed, what a sad attempt at a ''gotcha''
    I actually didn't link anything

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post

Not me, I'd happily vote for her.

I'm just predicting the ways the right will try to smear/attack her. And yes, be prepared for conservative circles to whine about the Dems "forcing another female candidate on us." Among other things. Sadly, they have weaponized the image of Hilary and if they do manage to tie the two closely together, I believe it can sway the average voter just like it did last time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    It wasn't even good fodder THEN. She claimed to have Native American ancestry. The test showed she had Native American ancestry--just less than she had originally thought.
    I also think some people have no fuckin' clue how these things worked, back in the day.

My grandfather was part Naskapi Innu, by way of his grandmother. His family was always treated as having "bad blood". This was in Newfoundland, and it was never overt, never people shouting or throwing things, but he was generally looked down upon and, for most of his youth, never given much of a chance. He managed to largely overcome that with a lifetime of service to his community, of which he became a pillar. But it was a burden he had to overcome.

It doesn't matter to racists what fraction your ancestry is. Particularly in the USA, where the "one drop" rule wasn't just societal guideline, but hard legal ruling. One drop of non-white blood, and that defined your ethnicity; someone who was 1/8th Cherokee was Cherokee, as far as law and society was concerned. So it's really not surprising in the frickin' least that the exact percentage Warren may have retained in her genetic heritage was uncertain, in her family's oral history. Many of them were likely known to be Native American, even if they weren't 100% genetically so.

The whole thing was a gigantically racist attack on someone, to manufacture a bullshit lie. Birtherism 2.0.

I'm not too worried about shit sticking to Warren once the real war begins. If the Pocahontas debacle is any indication, it might just slide right off after a bit of internal high-fiving on the Trump side of things.

Warren tends to be quite direct, vulnerable and awkward (like the beer video when she announced), but I think people will find all that an easy pill to swallow and get over once they realize that she is genuinely being transparent and has her attention turned to more important things. I also think that underestimating her could be an effective trap Trump would walk straight into.

I'm more worried about shit sticking to Biden, who is failing the test right now, or Bernie with his heart attack and immediate drop in polls, or even Buttigieg who had to completely redesign his campaign around racial issues because of a few angry black women at a town hall and being in the headlines for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I'm not too worried about shit sticking to Warren once the real war begins. If the Pocahontas debacle is any indication, it might just slide right off after a bit of internal high-fiving on the Trump side of things.

Warren tends to be quite direct, vulnerable and awkward (like the beer video when she announced), but I think people will find all that an easy pill to swallow and get over once they realize that she is genuinely being transparent and has her attention turned to more important things. I also think that underestimating her could be an effective trap Trump would walk straight into.

I'm more worried about shit sticking to Biden, who is failing the test right now, or Bernie with his heart attack and immediate drop in polls, or even Buttigieg who had to completely redesign his campaign around racial issues because of a few angry black women at a town hall and being in the headlines for a few days.
    I am not concerned for Warren in the slightest either considering she picks the correct VP to go with her. Bernie i think is just here to move the entire conversation to the left and nothing more. Biden will get smacked around mostly due to his very very very long public record which would be the very reason why Hilary lost. Buttigieg is the current Beto in my eyes.

Biden is the worse one this Ukraine scandal proves he has no fight in him, it's like he is being forced to run for president he doesn't want to be here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Rapidly approaching 12 candidates on one stage.
    And they have Gabbard back so they can increase their right wing viewing numbers, but they lose the cloud cuckoo landers by not having Williamson.
    /s

let's do a bingo. andrew mentions how giving money to his supporters can help america. everyone attacks biden. tulsi comes after kamala
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

This recent poll shows the cold fact of the shape the Democrat field is in....https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...re-if-she-runs

Michelle Obama leads the presidential Democratic primary field in support among New Hampshire voters, were she to jump into the race.

A new Franklin Pierce University-Boston Herald poll shows Obama ahead of the Democratic field with 26% support in New Hampshire.

"If Michelle Obama were to enter the race, it would change things dramatically," pollster R. Kelly Myers said. "Twenty-six percent of Democrats would vote for her, making her the new frontrunner."

Current front-runner Elizabeth Warren only receives 20% of support if Obama is in the race according to the poll. Joe Biden also had 20% support.

Warren leads the poll without Obama by a margin of 25%-24% over Biden.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    This recent poll shows the cold fact of the shape the Democrat field is in...
    What "cold fact"? That the extremely popular wife of an extremely popular president is extremely popular in a hypothetical poll where she's competing against candidates that have been campaigning and talking about their policies for months and she's said nothing about her policies, leaving readers to fill in the blanks themselves?

I mean...is this what qualifies for a victory lap for conservatives nowadays? Polls about hypotheticals?