Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    The leftists now support bullying kids I guess
    Who are the leftists bullying?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    According to her speeches in Iowa, she is going to spend it getting rid of the electoral college. Even though that would take a constitutional amendment and would be impossible in the political climate currently. But hey, pitch that to people in Iowa--where if the electoral college was abolished no politicians would ever go again because Iowa would not matter.

In other candidate news, Trump's officials have told bloomberg news that they would not be issuing them credentials since they will not investigate democratic candidates. Campaign manager Brad Parscale said:

Oh and let's not forget the latest Biden gaffe about kids on his lap.
    And you guys seriously think these people can beat Trump by just running on the fact they are not Trump?
    Another conservative that doesn't understand how voting works. Removing the electoral college would make every single voter in every single part of country equal vote. ALL states would be battleground states, and force all presidential candidates to create a platform to appeal to all people in all states.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Another conservative that doesn't understand how voting works. Removing the electoral college would make every single voter in every single part of country equal vote. ALL states would be battleground states, and force all presidential candidates to create a platform to appeal to all people in all states.
    Yep.

But people in favor of the EC just want to argue that every single person in a state votes the exact same way, which is nonsense. Even in California where the Republicans have been shitting the bed for over a decade now they still managed to get 31% of the vote in 2016.

It's basically an excuse for Republicans to not have to appeal to many people. They just need to appeal to enough people in the right places.

You never hear Republicans talk about winning California. They just shit on the state all the time and don't want to put any effort into appealing to Californians beyond the rural farmers. There's not something inherently Californian that prevents Republicans from winning here, it's the Republican party not giving a shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    The leftists now support bullying kids I guess
    Bullying the rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    You actually think that a politician would bother with the little population of Iowa as opposed to New York, California, Texas, Florida, Pennsylvania, I could go on but Iowa ranks probably in the 30s out of 50 and you think I don't understand? You think it matters if they win Iowa or not if they win the top 7-9 states?

Hillary lost because she lost electoral votes in battleground states she did not campaign in. Pretty sure this is a widely accepted fact. But she won the popular vote by millions. Sooooo if you use her strategy of not campaigning in the less populous states, you still win?

You obviously think this is wrong, so please, show me how voting works. You accuse me of not knowing how voting works but using Hillary's strategy I would win, so please show me how voting works.

You actually think that a politician would bother with the little population of Iowa as opposed to New York, California, Texas, Florida, Pennsylvania, I could go on but Iowa ranks probably in the 30s out of 50 and you think I don't understand? You think it matters if they win Iowa or not if they win the top 7-9 states?

Hillary lost because she lost electoral votes in battleground states she did not campaign in. Pretty sure this is a widely accepted fact. But she won the popular vote by millions. Sooooo if you use her strategy of not campaigning in the less populous states, you still win?

You obviously think this is wrong, so please, show me how voting works. You accuse me of not knowing how voting works but using Hillary's strategy I would win, so please show me how voting works.
    Why not? It's about getting crowds, and you can get crowds in Iowa.

It's a shame you people are so ardently opposed to freedom and equality, but support the affirmative action that is the EC.

It's weird how the same system seems to work at every other level of our government, and almost every other government on the planet... but you guys swear it wouldn't work for the presidential election.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2019-12-03 at 02:28 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    According to her speeches in Iowa, she is going to spend it getting rid of the electoral college. Even though that would take a constitutional amendment and would be impossible in the political climate currently. But hey, pitch that to people in Iowa--where if the electoral college was abolished no politicians would ever go again because Iowa would not matter.

In other candidate news, Trump's officials have told bloomberg news that they would not be issuing them credentials since they will not investigate democratic candidates. Campaign manager Brad Parscale said:

Oh and let's not forget the latest Biden gaffe about kids on his lap.
    And you guys seriously think these people can beat Trump by just running on the fact they are not Trump?
    Eh, the Democrats have sunk the primary process with Impeachment. Essentially we have to do an Omnibus which Trump could refuse to sign during the Senate trial on Impeachment. The US MCA thing is coming. Trump being impulsive if the House votes to Impeach than he might refuse to fund the government and launch a crisis that will suck air out of the Primary process. Then the Senate Hearing will be what months? Given this is radically more complicated and convoluted than the Clinton blowjob thing, and that is a fatal amount of time with Biden, Sanders, Warren, Booker, Harris ect out of the race having to be involved in this. Really that leaves Yang, Gabbard and Buttigieg out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Eh, the Democrats have sunk the primary process with Impeachment. Essentially we have to do an Omnibus which Trump could refuse to sign during the Senate trial on Impeachment. The US MCA thing is coming. Trump being impulsive if the House votes to Impeach than he might refuse to fund the government and launch a crisis that will suck air out of the Primary process. Then the Senate Hearing will be what months? Given this is radically more complicated and convoluted than the Clinton blowjob thing, and that is a fatal amount of time with Biden, Sanders, Warren, Booker, Harris ect out of the race having to be involved in this. Really that leaves Yang, Gabbard and Buttigieg out there.
    You act as if people cannot do both...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Dems are probably screwed out of the presidency for the foreseeable future unless they remake their party. Their current platform isn't that popular outside of their own activist circles.
    Isn't that exactly what you Trump supporters want? Why should anyone assume you Trump supporters are actually telling the truth, considering that your goals is to get them to lose. Any comments or advice you have is inherently tainted by the simple fact that you are a Trump voter. One would think that they should do the opposite of what you say.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You act as if people cannot do both...
    Not really. February is critical in the primary, really every day after mid-January becomes pound the pavement and hustle time to really work in overdrive and Mitch is unlikely to grant these guys a break and will in all certainty drag the process out into a blisteringly long and brutal process. And there is ZERO chance they will convict IMHO; Mitch won't do it so it is a purely fruitless effort that won't go anyway but will cripple the campaigns of Sanders, Biden and Warren. Booker and Harris are already DOA so its not a serious loss, but its a near fatal if not fatal wound to those three. They are stuck in DC, not campaigning.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

15+ Year Old Account

Politicians currently campaign in about 5 states, and those states tend to remain consistent, until they start to tilt one way or another. People for the electoral college whine "Candidates would only campaign in these few huge states!" When at the moment, they only campaign in 5 or so swing states. Complaining that they'd only campaign in a few big states and small ones wouldn't matter is pretty silly, especially mentioning that candidates would only campaign in a few states, when that's what they ALREADY DO.

Currently, candidates talk a big game about pulling for policy that helps small states. But in the end, none of them ever do anything that helps these small states. The campaigns of the last few decades running around several smaller states have all basically been lies just to get the vote. So tell me, what exactly would be fundamentally different about abolishing the electoral college? Because many of the complaints about things that "would happen" already do happen. For one thing, candidates would have to appeal to a wider audience. Instead of appealing to 100,000 voters across 5 states, they'd be fighting for the votes of the most people, rather than lying to some bumpkins in Iowa just to get their vote.

In a constitutional republic, people are supposed to be represented by their elected officials. How about we stop pretending that a tiny number of people in a small number of states matters, and in the age of social media and mass communication, appealing to the broadest audience possible, hmm?

But that's just my little EC rant. It's a dumb system, always has been. When I first learned about it from my parents, and exactly how it works, my first response was "that's dumb", and have always felt that way. People say Democrats only hate it when Republicans win, but I've always heard Democrats grumble about the electoral college, even during Obama and Clinton. If the election were done by popular vote, not a single Republican would have held office of the president since Bush Sr. And that's the only reason Republicans are even defending it, because they know they need it to win, they know they need candidates to travel around to 5 swing states and appeal to 100,000 people out of a country of 300,000,000 because that's the only way they can win.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

15+ Year Old Account

Of course, because the combinations of populations of different regions can be tied to local and regional issues that are completely apolitical outnumber the current paths to 270. Through executive agencies like BLM, Dept of Ag., and the hundreds of other programs, agencies, and executive grants, a candidate could create radically new, effective coalitions of voters.

Combine this with legislative proposals with those region's representatives, and you have a first 100 days in office that would be supercharged in passing the WH agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Not really. February is critical in the primary, really every day after mid-January becomes pound the pavement and hustle time to really work in overdrive and Mitch is unlikely to grant these guys a break and will in all certainty drag the process out into a blisteringly long and brutal process. And there is ZERO chance they will convict IMHO; Mitch won't do it so it is a purely fruitless effort that won't go anyway but will cripple the campaigns of Sanders, Biden and Warren. Booker and Harris are already DOA so its not a serious loss, but its a near fatal if not fatal wound to those three. They are stuck in DC, not campaigning.
    The GOP doesn't want a long process, because it makes your fuhrer look like shit.

They can still campaign, and they can still push their platforms.

Of the three that can hope to gain, Yang and Gabbard are not going to suddenly catch fire. Buttigieg is already gaining, so any schedule will not change that. I know you Trumpsters like to push Gabbard as some moderate that you guys are entertaining, but nobody is buying into your lies. Everyone sees Gabbard for what she is, and they know she's the new troll pick. Of course, that won't work well, because the trolls already have Trump.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The GOP doesn't want a long process, because it makes your fuhrer look like shit.

They can still campaign, and they can still push their platforms.

Of the three that can hope to gain, Yang and Gabbard are not going to suddenly catch fire. Buttigieg is already gaining, so any schedule will not change that. I know you Trumpsters like to push Gabbard as some moderate that you guys are entertaining, but nobody is buying into your lies. Everyone sees Gabbard for what she is, and they know she's the new troll pick. Of course, that won't work well, because the trolls already have Trump.
    Lol. Given it will go nowhere and be a circus where each Partisan side will say their peace, nothing will change and no conviction is liable to come of it; Yeah I would say its a titanic problem. Mitch will drag it out knowing it will hurt the Dems presidential campaigns. Trumps base is likely to rally hard for him and so far the Dems haven't managed to do anything except sing to a choir of voters they had anyway. Nobody who is excited by this, who changed their forum avatar or siggy to something about Impeachment had any doubts as to how they were going to vote, nor how they voted last time. It changes nothing, gains no new ground, opens up nothing and isn't likely to get rid of the guy.

So what is its purpose other than to take Biden, Sanders, Warren, Harris and Booker off the field?

Lol. Given it will go nowhere and be a circus where each Partisan side will say their peace, nothing will change and no conviction is liable to come of it; Yeah I would say its a titanic problem. Mitch will drag it out knowing it will hurt the Dems presidential campaigns. Trumps base is likely to rally hard for him and so far the Dems haven't managed to do anything except sing to a choir of voters they had anyway. Nobody who is excited by this, who changed their forum avatar or siggy to something about Impeachment had any doubts as to how they were going to vote, nor how they voted last time. It changes nothing, gains no new ground, opens up nothing and isn't likely to get rid of the guy.

So what is its purpose other than to take Biden, Sanders, Warren, Harris and Booker off the field?
    Nobody expects GOP Senators to have morals or principles. But, an impeachment will put that lack of morals and principles on live television.

If McConnell wants to drag out a trial of your fuhrer for months, highlighting just how corrupt Trump and the GOP representatives are, then I sully support him in that effort. The evidence is there, and it's blatantly obvious. Parade all those witnesses who keep corroborating all the claims against Trump. let the GOP throw everyone under the bus.

Anyone who opposes Trump can always point to it, and then to all you Trumpsters, and use it as ammunition... forever.

Your entire attempt to deflect, and paint them as victims is a joke. We all know it's a lie.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2019-12-03 at 03:57 AM.

What you are saying is that wrong doing should be ignored because the senators campaign might be affected?
    What does that say about a senator who does that?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warvings View Post
    What you are saying is that wrong doing should be ignored because the senators campaign might be affected?
    What does that say about a senator who does that?
    I am saying that this is an ill timed crusade unlikely to achieve anything. The ultimate in hollow acts that won't accomplish anything since a conviction is implausible; no Republican will risk their base murdering them come election time.

I am questioning what the political strategy is for this? Given it is more a self immolation than a fight.

I am saying that this is an ill timed crusade unlikely to achieve anything. The ultimate in hollow acts that won't accomplish anything since a conviction is implausible; no Republican will risk their base murdering them come election time.

I am questioning what the political strategy is for this? Given it is more a self immolation than a fight.
    Highlight the utter lack of morals and principles among GOP politicians.

It's not that complicated.

Or, if you don't like that answer, then how about going after government corruption and holding people accountable for their actions?

Arguing that facts and evidence aren't going to sway you and your fellow Trump supporters isn't much of an argument. Nobody cares if the evidence doesn't sway the Trumpsters. Nobody expects it to sway you guys.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2019-12-03 at 04:07 AM.

It is not a political strategy but the right thing to do. Why do you think the impeachment process was started now instead of after Muller report or many other instances? This was a clear act of impeachable offence and if congress does not act it gives a pass for any future governments to do the same. Nancy Pelosi has stalled this process for so long but couldn't justify not acting on this instance. Just because one side is made of partisan hacks the other side cannot do the same.
    No matter how much you call "both sides", there is still at least 1 side that is doing its job.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

I actually think catching the GOP in blind, lock-step partisanship is the goal right now, if we're to put a spin on it. Put all this evidence of wrongdoing out into the air, let the GOP just plug their ears on live television - or act like belligerent fools - and use that to sway independents. Hillary's popularity tanked as a result of the Email Scandal even if she was never convicted of anything, so one would figure a credible Impeachment Inquiry would be just as damning.

That aside, the mentality of 'Why bother because the Republicans don't care?' is pretty asinine. Congress still has a duty to try and hold the Executive Branch accountable for its misconduct, and it's not the Dem's fault their Republican peers don't seem to give a shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    I actually think catching the GOP in blind, lock-step partisanship is the goal right now, if we're to put a spin on it. Put all this evidence of wrongdoing out into the air, let the GOP just plug their ears on live television - or act like belligerent fools - and use that to sway independents. Hillary's popularity tanked as a result of the Email Scandal even if she was never convicted of anything, so one would figure a credible Impeachment Inquiry would be just as damning.

That aside, the mentality of 'Why bother because the Republicans don't care?' is pretty asinine. Congress still has a duty to try and hold the Executive Branch accountable for its misconduct, and it's not the Dem's fault their Republican peers don't seem to give a shit.
    Catching them will achieve what? Is there a single Democrat who doesn't believe that? Seriously? Plus everyone knows why a Republican does it. I don't doubt that in their guts they'd love to wreck Trump and are stayed only by the simple fact that their voters aren't theirs to command and are far more loyal to Trump than to them. Independents, as in people not registered to either party won't care since the Impeachment trial is filled with a convoluted web of state apparatchiks talking about process and trying to lionize themselves and to the general public, they couldn't give a rats ass about these people. Hillary's popularity tanked because the Email scandal confirmed suspicions and revealed she might not be honest in her political positions. More over Hillary failed to campaign in critical states and Obama hurt her campaign by refusing to drop the TTIP/TTP campaign despite her desperately trying to escape its implosion and Obama being to much of a stubborn twat to realize he was poisoning her campaign. In Short Hillary lost the confidence of voters she needed.

It is the Democrats responsibility to actually think strategically. If the plan achieves nothing but helping his reelection; given that the only candidates left on the field will be Bloomberg the donor class darling who firmly believes he can buy an election whilst alienating critical voters, Bloomberg isn't going to hold Sanders voters or Gabbard or Yangs, and neither does Buttigieg capture and hold that base. The Impeachment removes Biden, Warren and Sanders from the race. Which maybe is a good thing, though only Sanders seems to appeal to voters the Democrats don't have on lock already. Gabbard and Yang have that appeal too; but the Establishment hates their guts and Buttigieg isn't capturing new ground. What will the point of Impeachment been if Trump claims a second term?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by warvings View Post
    It is not a political strategy but the right thing to do. Why do you think the impeachment process was started now instead of after Muller report or many other instances? This was a clear act of impeachable offence and if congress does not act it gives a pass for any future governments to do the same. Nancy Pelosi has stalled this process for so long but couldn't justify not acting on this instance. Just because one side is made of partisan hacks the other side cannot do the same.
    No matter how much you call "both sides", there is still at least 1 side that is doing its job.
    As I said above, What is the point of Impeachment if Trump gains a second term?