Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Except, you've admitted to being a Trump supporter on numerous occasions.
    Including citing articles by that shitgibbon Andrew McCarthy in support of Trump. But never linking to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    lol.... You'd have to cite things.

Second, Yeah, after awhile I get tired of this exact same dialog and no longer care to really put much work into posts that don't get read.

As for death threats, lol, what?
    I did cite them, literally dozens of threads you started. How does that explain you being caught plagiarizing, and making death threats?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Including citing articles by that shitgibbon Andrew McCarthy in support of Trump. But never linking to them.
    I can only assume he's not actually trying to retcon the past four years of these threads. The guy literally created an alt account to shill for Trump (Mage22).

10+ Year Old Account
    "Citing" is a fun way of referring vaguely to 'I've heard experts talking about...' as if people on the left don't keep up with McCarthy and the other grifters.

Just because the right doesn't actually pay attention to what the left is saying and makes it up out of whole cloth does not mean the inverse is true. It's just projection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I did cite them, literally dozens of threads you started. How does that explain you being caught plagiarizing, and making death threats?
    So you have nothing, I could also say "There are dozens of threads where Machismo calls for the legalization of pedophilia!" and call that a citation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Except, you've admitted to being a Trump supporter on numerous occasions.
    I'll follow Theo's lead and would like to kindly ask for a citation.

- - - Updated - - -

What's funny about those McCarthy articles was that he was arguing that there never was any Trump/Russia conspiracy regarding the election, and I was convinced of his arguments, and tried to convince people here. That didn't go well. But he was right, almost two years before the Mueller report. Almost from day one. Nobody here wanted to hear anything of it, and I got a fair amount of stuff flung my way for arguing it. Kinda goes back to Theo's comments about the state of discourse. People get entrenched and it sometimes does feel like a waste of time unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Ok boomer, we're not playing a game of chase the dogwhistle.

It's fairly telling as to what the objective here is by concern trolling over the Warren/Bernie spat which is, again, largely a media manufactured controversy. And also kinda craven given the state of current events to still be solidly attached to a parochial fantasy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    So you have nothing, I could also say "There are dozens of threads where Machismo calls for the legalization of pedophilia!" and call that a citation.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ump-Here-s-why

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Issues-Gallop

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...until-after-GE

So, why do you feel compelled to plagiarize?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

What's funny about those McCarthy articles was that he was arguing that there never was any Trump/Russia conspiracy regarding the election, and I was convinced of his arguments, and tried to convince people here. That didn't go well. But he was right, almost two years before the Mueller report. Almost from day one. Nobody here wanted to hear anything of it, and I got a fair amount of stuff flung my way for arguing it. Kinda goes back to Theo's comments about the state of discourse. People get entrenched and it sometimes does feel like a waste of time unfortunately.
    That's absolutely hilarious.

You literally created an alt account to start it. Remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Ok boomer, we're not playing a game of chase the dogwhistle.
    Well dude said I admitted to being a Trump supporter, and since I know I'm not (per se) and would never say that, I'd like a quote.

It's fairly telling as to what the objective here is by concern trolling over the Warren/Bernie spat which is, again, largely a media manufactured controversy. And also kinda craven given the state of current events to still be solidly attached to a parochial fantasy.
    I just wanted to chat about the debate in real time. Those are the best threads, when something is happening in real time. One of the best was when Rachel Maddow announced she had Trump's taxes. Everybody piled into the thread and it was actually a good time. Ended crappy for Trump opponents, but it was a good time. Unfortunately the Dem Primary thread was pretty dead, so I went to bed.

Well dude said I admitted to being a Trump supporter, and since I know I'm not (per se) and would never say that, I'd like a quote.

I just wanted to chat about the debate in real time. Those are the best threads, when something is happening in real time. One of the best was when Rachel Maddow announced she had Trump's taxes. Everybody piled into the thread and it was actually a good time. Ended crappy for Trump opponents, but it was a good time. Unfortunately the Dem Primary thread was pretty dead, so I went to bed.
    You've spent YEARS shilling for the guy.

You literally created an alt account to start it. Remember?
    Well no actually the alt account was picked up to go after the left on the things I saw happening, like claiming Trump's transition team was in disarray, that he was planning on deploying 100,000 national guard troops to round up immigrants, and on and on. The Mueller investigation came after, and as is often the case, entrenched views got the old blinders put on. That's why I like to seriously read retorts from places like Lawfare, who routinely went back and forth with McCarthy's arguments. Seriously read what's being argued on the merits. Lotta people don't like to do that though, they just carry around a viewpoint and search for places that will validate and reinforce those viewpoints.

- - - Updated - - -

You've spent YEARS shilling for the guy.
    *cough* going after the left *cough.

I remember comparing it to the statement that Hitler sacrificed children in Satanic ceremonies, and I say, "Hey now, I don't think that's true."

"You're spending all this time shilling for Hitler!"

People say a lot of wacky things when it comes to Trump.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2020-01-16 at 03:22 AM.

Well no actually the alt account was picked up to go after the left on the things I saw happening, like claiming Trump's transition team was in disarray, that he was planning on deploying 100,000 national guard troops to round up immigrants, and on and on. The Mueller investigation came after, and as is often the case, entrenched views on got the old blinders put on. That's why I like to seriously read retorts from places like Lawfare, who routinely went back and forth with McCarthy's arguments. Seriously read what's being argued on the merits. Lotta people don't like to do that though, they just carry around a viewpoint and search for places that will validate and reinforce those viewpoints.
    Yes, you created an alt account to shill for Trump, and muddy the waters.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...rump-fake-news

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...der-travel-ban

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...l-Media-Bubble

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...e-news-PragerU

Uh huh

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-of-the-system

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-promises-quot

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-investigation

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...cceed-Act-quot

I stand by everything I've ever said, or else I will apologize for it and say that I was dumb or misinformed or my views have evolved. I'm not going to do a line-by-line here in the Dem Primary thread; we should probably move on. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

I stand by everything I've ever said, or else I will apologize for it and say that I was dumb or misinformed or my views have evolved. I'm not going to do a line-by-line here in the Dem Primary thread; we should probably move on. Feel free to PM me with any questions.
    I'm sure you do, because you are a huge Trump supporter. Enjoy those citations.

I have no questions, I know exactly what you are, no matter how much you try to retcon it.

what, y'all think people forgot your crowing when trump won? and now you are worried? lol.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well no actually the alt account was picked up to go after the left on the things I saw happening, like claiming Trump's transition team was in disarray, that he was planning on deploying 100,000 national guard troops to round up immigrants, and on and on. The Mueller investigation came after, and as is often the case, entrenched views got the old blinders put on. That's why I like to seriously read retorts from places like Lawfare, who routinely went back and forth with McCarthy's arguments. Seriously read what's being argued on the merits. Lotta people don't like to do that though, they just carry around a viewpoint and search for places that will validate and reinforce those viewpoints.

- - - Updated - - -

*cough* going after the left *cough.

I remember comparing it to the statement that Hitler sacrificed children in Satanic ceremonies, and I say, "Hey now, I don't think that's true."

"You're spending all this time shilling for Hitler!"

People say a lot of wacky things when it comes to Trump.
    Did you...did you just admit to starting an alt account on this forum? Whoops.

Meanwhile, I see people are still pushing Bernie as the best choice - interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

Meanwhile, I see people are still pushing Bernie as the best choice - interesting.
    Oh, it was banned a long time ago.

Yeah they already nailed me for it. Lost my Fluffy Kitten title. Which I cared way too much about.

Edit: Not to say that that was a punishment, just a consequence. Don't want some multi-account havin' johnny-come-lately with access to the mod forums.

Edit2: And by the way! I was the one who announced that I was mage21. For about a week I had it in my signature. You know why? Because I didn't think it was fair to get a "fresh start" after having so many political discussions with users here, that I would have the benefit of our previous conversations without them knowing what I've said or argued. That's the only reason anybody knows I posted under mage21.

- - - Updated - - -

But anyway how about that audio getting released of the Bernie/Warren exchange at the end of the debate? I'm surprised she went after him, I would have expected the opposite considering the claim was lobbed against him.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2020-01-16 at 03:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Compared to Biden or Warren? Yes, especially after her attempt to throw him under the bus.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    There's a long list of fixes to get my ideal system. Breaking the back of FPTP and implementing something like a ranked choice system. But until those fixes are made 3rd party runs by the guy you like are stupid unless you want to give the candidate you would by inference like less a better chance to win.
    While ranked-choice would clearly be superior, FPTP gets an unfair proportion of the blame for the USA's two-party system.

Canada has a FPTP system (and there's complaints here, and a similar push for ranked-choice, likely a stronger one actually). We have 4 nationally-relevant parties, if I exclude the Green Party, who currently hold three seats in Parliament.

Duverger's law isn't actually a law; most FPTP elections end up having multiparty systems, not two-party. The USA is the exception, not an example of the baseline.

Americans don't have third-party options because they refuse to support them, independent of FPTP mechanics.

I wish we had a better system in the US, although it is interesting to see how parties can change despite the 2 party stranglehold. For example, Trump doesn't represent what conservatives used to be.

Sanders isn't what I would have ever called a democrat (because he wasn't obviously). Yet, after 2016 and especially this time around, he's changed the party significantly whether he wins or not.

I'd love to show the door to all of these old school dems. I'd also love the republican party to kick out Trump and do better. It sure would be nice to have better choices.