1. #4361
    The Unstoppable Force CommunismWillWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Russia that is very communist, da.
    Posts
    24,996
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Because people like you are children who can't handle losses?
    Or people don't care about supporting candidates who don't care about them.
    Conservatism and its off-shoots are the most rotten idealogies to ever exist in human history.
    Anarcho-communism =/ Stalinism.
    FULLY AUTOMATED GAY LUXURY SPACE COMMUNISM

  2. #4362
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    He wont run 3rd pary, but I can see many Sanders voters not voting at all in the primary.
    Not voting in the primary isn't an issue. If they refuse to vote in the General if it's not Sanders then they are being petty and childish and it's partly due to these people that we were given Trump in the first place.

    Any one of those candidates still standing in the Primaries would be better than Trump by leagues. I differ from Skroe in opinion about many things, but one thing I'm firmly in agreement on is that this is not a policy election. It's about getting that fucking narcissistic shithead out of office ASAP so that work can begin on rebuilding. None of the candidates are going to be able to accomplish anything much past that in their term--not Bernie, not Warren, not Buttigieg nor Biden, especially not while the Senate is still being held hostage by McConnell and the rest of the GOP (and there's little hope of changing that in 2020).

    Refusing to vote in the General just because your "favorite" wasn't picked is both irresponsible and selfish. If someone truly believes in the principles and policies that Bernie is espousing then they can't NOT vote for the Democratic candidate if it's not Bernie. If they're allowing Trump to win just because Bernie lost (again) then they are being fucking hypocrites and are just about as bad for the US as the MAGA crowd.

  3. #4363
    The Unstoppable Force CommunismWillWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Russia that is very communist, da.
    Posts
    24,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Not voting in the primary isn't an issue. If they refuse to vote in the General if it's not Sanders then they are being petty and childish and it's partly due to these people that we were given Trump in the first place.

    .
    Or maybe a lot of people can not be bothered to vote for the lesser evil. The dems always act like they are entitled to the votes of everybody who is not on the hardcore right-wing.


    Most poor people in the US do not vote, maybe you guys have bigger problems. But this exact sort of disdain of them by the dems is indeed what caused people like Trump to get into power.
    Conservatism and its off-shoots are the most rotten idealogies to ever exist in human history.
    Anarcho-communism =/ Stalinism.
    FULLY AUTOMATED GAY LUXURY SPACE COMMUNISM

  4. #4364
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    And split the Dem vote so that we're saddled with Trump again. Brilliant strategy! /s

    *sigh*
    What difference does it make? If Sanders loses, then we get Biden, which means we'll just get another Trump in 4 years.

  5. #4365
    Bernie bros showing themselves to be no better than the group they supposedly hate. Classic.

  6. #4366
    Immortal Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    7,471
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    What difference does it make? If Sanders loses, then we get Biden, which means we'll just get another Trump in 4 years.
    Not necessarily. And that a very defeatist attitude to have.
    In another 4-8 years another several million mostly religious and majority Caucasian Boomers and Silent generation people will have croaked and another several million less religious, mostly mixed race/minority Gen Zers will take their place in the voting populace, not exactly those in the GOP's wheelhouse. The GOP is on borrowed time as it's currently constituted and they're going to need a a serious cleaning from top to bottom to change how their viewed by anyone under 45. That is not to say the no Republican will win again, or anything quite so dramatic, but the window for electing a person the caliber of Trump I think is coming to a close.

    I guess, ultimately, I'm pretty much fine with any of the Democrats running, but if we get Biden, I'm OK with the possibly holding pattern (status quo) on policy until the population is ready to push for more liberal policies.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2020-01-15 at 03:51 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  7. #4367
    The Unstoppable Force CommunismWillWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Russia that is very communist, da.
    Posts
    24,996
    Quote Originally Posted by We are covfefe View Post
    Bernie bros showing themselves to be no better than the group they supposedly hate. Classic.
    The DNC showing it will never change.
    Conservatism and its off-shoots are the most rotten idealogies to ever exist in human history.
    Anarcho-communism =/ Stalinism.
    FULLY AUTOMATED GAY LUXURY SPACE COMMUNISM

  8. #4368
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Or maybe a lot of people can not be bothered to vote for the lesser evil. The dems always act like they are entitled to the votes of everybody who is not on the hardcore right-wing.


    Most poor people in the US do not vote, maybe you guys have bigger problems. But this exact sort of disdain of them by the dems is indeed what caused people like Trump to get into power.
    People who do not agree with the hardcore right-wing should be voting against them, yes. Otherwise, when the hardcore right-wing win, those people can expect their problems to be exacerbated. Also, it's primarily Democratic policies that support the poor whereas Republicans are generally trying to take away social programs for them and block expansions or new protections. I'm not going to sit here and pretend that the Democrats aren't beholden to big business and Wall Street nearly as much as the GOP, but the poor (and middle class) suffer more under GOP leadership than they do Democrats and they cannot hope for things to improve at all if the entire country is forced to take steps back under the administration of people like Trump.

    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    What difference does it make? If Sanders loses, then we get Biden, which means we'll just get another Trump in 4 years.
    You'll excuse me for not crediting that prediction. It doesn't come close to automatically following.

  9. #4369
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    People who do not agree with the hardcore right-wing should be voting against them, yes. Otherwise, when the hardcore right-wing win, those people can expect their problems to be exacerbated. Also, it's primarily Democratic policies that support the poor whereas Republicans are generally trying to take away social programs for them and block expansions or new protections. I'm not going to sit here and pretend that the Democrats aren't beholden to big business and Wall Street nearly as much as the GOP, but the poor (and middle class) suffer more under GOP leadership than they do Democrats and they cannot hope for things to improve at all if the entire country is forced to take steps back under the administration of people like Trump.



    You'll excuse me for not crediting that prediction. It doesn't come close to automatically following.
    A vote for Biden (or any of the other candidates) is basically a vote for Obama-era politics, which is how we got Trump in the first place. Personally, I'd prefer not to have a President Tom Cotton 4 years down the road.

  10. #4370
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Or people don't care about supporting candidates who don't care about them.
    @Rochana

    You baboons can support whoever you want. Not what I was calling you out on at all but i'm not surprised it's what you all glommed onto. Bernie's gonna be dog shit when it comes to actually being a president who can push through his policy advancements and 90% of what he can do using his powers as president most of the other candidates are going to do as well. Obama couldn't even push through a government option over blue dog democrats. Bernie's shit's gonna be dead in the water because he's showing he'll love his bully pullpit but have all the skills to negotiate with congress as a wet paper towel has to put out a high rise fire.


    I'm talking about your stupid wa wa my guy lost he should run 3rd party bit. That will objectively only help Trump and if you're fine with providing Trump the single greatest advantage you can possibly given because you're that dumb well I guess that's your right. However, don't pretend that level of stupidity has anything to do with not "supporting" someone who doesn't care about them when you're asking for the single greatest thing the person who cares about you the least needs to get an easy win. Don't support the DNC candidate if it's not Bernie, that is your insanely derpy right to shoot yourself in the foot by giving Trump an extra leg up. But don't double down on your stupidity by thinking him running 3rd party is anything but supporting Trump in practice.


    Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2020-01-16 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Flaming

  11. #4371
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    @Rochana

    You baboons can support whoever you want. Bernie's gonna be dog shit when it comes to actually being a president who can push through his policy advancements and 90% of what he can do using his powers as president most of the other candidates are going to do as well. Obama couldn't even push through a government option over blue dog democrats. Bernie's shit's gonna be dead in the water because he's showing he'll love his bully pullpit but have all the skills to negotiate with congress as a wet paper towel has to put out a high rise fire.
    I refer you to Endus' post who explained quite well how this sort of thinking is one of the main reasons why US politics keep leaning right... while the rest of the modern world has moved on.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold.

  12. #4372
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    A vote for Biden (or any of the other candidates) is basically a vote for Obama-era politics, which is how we got Trump in the first place. Personally, I'd prefer not to have a President Tom Cotton 4 years down the road.
    Nope. Again, that doesn't automatically follow. And again, there won't be "Obama-era politics"--or "Bernie politics", for that matter--given that any substantially progressive policies will be blocked in the Senate. This election is purely staunching the wound and starting to heal the damage so that ACTUAL progress can be made in the future.

    I like Bernie--though he is not my first choice--and will happily vote for him if he won the nomination, but the "Bernie or Bust" crowd are killing his chances as much as anything else with their scorched earth approach to the General Election and are also helping to ensure that their brand of "my way or the highway" progressivism is nearly as reviled as the Trump supporters.

  13. #4373
    The Unstoppable Force CommunismWillWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Russia that is very communist, da.
    Posts
    24,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Nope. Again, that doesn't automatically follow. And again, there won't be "Obama-era politics"--or "Bernie politics", for that matter--given that any substantially progressive policies will be blocked in the Senate. This election is purely staunching the wound and starting to heal the damage so that ACTUAL progress can be made in the future.

    I like Bernie--though he is not my first choice--and will happily vote for him if he won the nomination, but the "Bernie or Bust" crowd are killing his chances as much as anything else with their scorched earth approach to the General Election and are also helping to ensure that their brand of "my way or the highway" progressivism is nearly as reviled as the Trump supporters.
    Good thing that Obama-era policies are not progressive.
    Conservatism and its off-shoots are the most rotten idealogies to ever exist in human history.
    Anarcho-communism =/ Stalinism.
    FULLY AUTOMATED GAY LUXURY SPACE COMMUNISM

  14. #4374
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Good thing that Obama-era policies are not progressive.
    ALL of the eyeroll memes.

  15. #4375
    The Unstoppable Force CommunismWillWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Russia that is very communist, da.
    Posts
    24,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    ALL of the eyeroll memes.
    Bombing wedding is very progressive.
    Conservatism and its off-shoots are the most rotten idealogies to ever exist in human history.
    Anarcho-communism =/ Stalinism.
    FULLY AUTOMATED GAY LUXURY SPACE COMMUNISM

  16. #4376
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Not voting in the primary isn't an issue. If they refuse to vote in the General if it's not Sanders then they are being petty and childish and it's partly due to these people that we were given Trump in the first place.
    You aren't thinking big enough. If they get buttrustled enough about Bernie "not being treated fairly" they will vote for Trump out of spite. Again.

  17. #4377
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Good thing that Obama-era policies are not progressive.
    The ACA and Net Neutrality to name a couple are not considered to be progressive?

  18. #4378
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    The ACA and Net Neutrality to name a couple are not considered to be progressive?
    The ACA is a neoliberal mess that nobody understands.

  19. #4379
    The Unstoppable Force CommunismWillWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Russia that is very communist, da.
    Posts
    24,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    The ACA and Net Neutrality to name a couple are not considered to be progressive?
    Bombing weddings is? Not going after the banks is?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    You aren't thinking big enough. If they get buttrustled enough about Bernie "not being treated fairly" they will vote for Trump out of spite. Again.
    Yet that did not happen last time, is it fun to just pull stuff out of nowhere?
    Conservatism and its off-shoots are the most rotten idealogies to ever exist in human history.
    Anarcho-communism =/ Stalinism.
    FULLY AUTOMATED GAY LUXURY SPACE COMMUNISM

  20. #4380
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    21,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    You mean the same Pat Buchannan that recently (January 14) wrote THIS about Bernie Sanders???

    https://original.antiwar.com/buchana...ion-to-bernie/
    Yeah, shocking enough its why Bernie is uniquely able to attract a broader base of support. Bernie had a lot of credibility on the "Not get involved in forever war" front; more so than any other candidate. Sanders also has been consistently a Paladin against the oligarchical elite. So for example in 80's when Warren was their chief advocate, vociferously advocating for the Reagan Revolution, Sanders was fighting that stuff. So if anyone can be trusted to actually put a boot to the neck of the ruling class, its Sanders. The rest of the DNC pack save for Gabbard (Who immediately spoke in defense of Sanders against Snake Warren by the way) are completely untrustworthy on this point.

    Plus, that reflects Sanders electability; he can gather voters that other candidates really can't get. Warren has the WeWork, Professional Managerial Class anxious about their social position, and "Girl Boss" and Wine Aunt types on lock, but they were going to vote Democrat no matter what was run. Biden brings the same coalition and some old people not paying much attention until his horrific stances on trade, economics, health care, and war get him blown the fuck out. With Biden you are essentially voting for a Trump presidency that will have better manners and keep the evil under the surface.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2020-01-15 at 04:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    сила лунной призмы составляет - Tankie Paleo-Conservatism with TERF characteristics, Sacred Meme Ideology. Ashley Frawley and Patrick Deneen are great, Aimee Terese was right about Warren.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •