1. #4461
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Well no actually the alt account was picked up to go after the left on the things I saw happening, like claiming Trump's transition team was in disarray, that he was planning on deploying 100,000 national guard troops to round up immigrants, and on and on. The Mueller investigation came after, and as is often the case, entrenched views on got the old blinders put on. That's why I like to seriously read retorts from places like Lawfare, who routinely went back and forth with McCarthy's arguments. Seriously read what's being argued on the merits. Lotta people don't like to do that though, they just carry around a viewpoint and search for places that will validate and reinforce those viewpoints.
    Yes, you created an alt account to shill for Trump, and muddy the waters.

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...rump-fake-news

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...der-travel-ban

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...l-Media-Bubble

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...e-news-PragerU

    Uh huh

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-of-the-system

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-promises-quot

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-investigation

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...cceed-Act-quot
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  2. #4462
    I stand by everything I've ever said, or else I will apologize for it and say that I was dumb or misinformed or my views have evolved. I'm not going to do a line-by-line here in the Dem Primary thread; we should probably move on. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

  3. #4463
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I stand by everything I've ever said, or else I will apologize for it and say that I was dumb or misinformed or my views have evolved. I'm not going to do a line-by-line here in the Dem Primary thread; we should probably move on. Feel free to PM me with any questions.
    I'm sure you do, because you are a huge Trump supporter. Enjoy those citations.

    I have no questions, I know exactly what you are, no matter how much you try to retcon it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  4. #4464
    what, y'all think people forgot your crowing when trump won? and now you are worried? lol.

  5. #4465
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    26,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Well no actually the alt account was picked up to go after the left on the things I saw happening, like claiming Trump's transition team was in disarray, that he was planning on deploying 100,000 national guard troops to round up immigrants, and on and on. The Mueller investigation came after, and as is often the case, entrenched views got the old blinders put on. That's why I like to seriously read retorts from places like Lawfare, who routinely went back and forth with McCarthy's arguments. Seriously read what's being argued on the merits. Lotta people don't like to do that though, they just carry around a viewpoint and search for places that will validate and reinforce those viewpoints.

    - - - Updated - - -



    *cough* going after the left *cough.

    I remember comparing it to the statement that Hitler sacrificed children in Satanic ceremonies, and I say, "Hey now, I don't think that's true."

    "You're spending all this time shilling for Hitler!"



    People say a lot of wacky things when it comes to Trump.
    Did you...did you just admit to starting an alt account on this forum? Whoops.

    Meanwhile, I see people are still pushing Bernie as the best choice - interesting.
    No one is above the law!

  6. #4466
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Did you...did you just admit to starting an alt account on this forum? Whoops.

    Meanwhile, I see people are still pushing Bernie as the best choice - interesting.
    Oh, it was banned a long time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  7. #4467
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Did you...did you just admit to starting an alt account on this forum? Whoops.
    Yeah they already nailed me for it. Lost my Fluffy Kitten title. Which I cared way too much about.

    Edit: Not to say that that was a punishment, just a consequence. Don't want some multi-account havin' johnny-come-lately with access to the mod forums.

    Edit2: And by the way! I was the one who announced that I was mage21. For about a week I had it in my signature. You know why? Because I didn't think it was fair to get a "fresh start" after having so many political discussions with users here, that I would have the benefit of our previous conversations without them knowing what I've said or argued. That's the only reason anybody knows I posted under mage21.

    - - - Updated - - -

    But anyway how about that audio getting released of the Bernie/Warren exchange at the end of the debate? I'm surprised she went after him, I would have expected the opposite considering the claim was lobbed against him.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2020-01-16 at 03:37 AM.

  8. #4468
    The Lightbringer Blade Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Futa Heaven
    Posts
    3,289
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Did you...did you just admit to starting an alt account on this forum? Whoops.

    Meanwhile, I see people are still pushing Bernie as the best choice - interesting.
    Compared to Biden or Warren? Yes, especially after her attempt to throw him under the bus.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

  9. #4469
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    61,867
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    There's a long list of fixes to get my ideal system. Breaking the back of FPTP and implementing something like a ranked choice system. But until those fixes are made 3rd party runs by the guy you like are stupid unless you want to give the candidate you would by inference like less a better chance to win.
    While ranked-choice would clearly be superior, FPTP gets an unfair proportion of the blame for the USA's two-party system.

    Canada has a FPTP system (and there's complaints here, and a similar push for ranked-choice, likely a stronger one actually). We have 4 nationally-relevant parties, if I exclude the Green Party, who currently hold three seats in Parliament.

    Duverger's law isn't actually a law; most FPTP elections end up having multiparty systems, not two-party. The USA is the exception, not an example of the baseline.

    Americans don't have third-party options because they refuse to support them, independent of FPTP mechanics.

  10. #4470
    I wish we had a better system in the US, although it is interesting to see how parties can change despite the 2 party stranglehold. For example, Trump doesn't represent what conservatives used to be.

    Sanders isn't what I would have ever called a democrat (because he wasn't obviously). Yet, after 2016 and especially this time around, he's changed the party significantly whether he wins or not.

    I'd love to show the door to all of these old school dems. I'd also love the republican party to kick out Trump and do better. It sure would be nice to have better choices.

  11. #4471
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    26,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Compared to Biden or Warren? Yes, especially after her attempt to throw him under the bus.
    You mean after he said a woman would be a bad idea for President. And then started attacking all over the place. Was that what you meant?

    Bernie is a post-heart attack GOP wet dream of a Democratic nominee. Biden is straight and narrow, right up the middle. With Abrams he'd be all bust unstoppable (can you imagine the GOP having to spend money in GA for the Presidential election?). Warren and a good running mate would be terrific.

    Bernie looks crazy every day of the week, and twice on Sunday. Elections are about looks whether we want them to be or not. Obviously more than that, but it's a factor.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I wish we had a better system in the US, although it is interesting to see how parties can change despite the 2 party stranglehold. For example, Trump doesn't represent what conservatives used to be.

    Sanders isn't what I would have ever called a democrat (because he wasn't obviously). Yet, after 2016 and especially this time around, he's changed the party significantly whether he wins or not.

    I'd love to show the door to all of these old school dems. I'd also love the republican party to kick out Trump and do better. It sure would be nice to have better choices.
    We need an entirely revamped system. Modeling Canada's election process and moneys would be a good start. Mail-in ballots. National voting holiday. All things the GOP will never allow.
    No one is above the law!

  12. #4472
    Footage of the brief argument between Warren and Sanders after the debate:

    https://twitter.com/aaronjmate/statu...22228377927681

    Steyer derping in there :')

    Meanwhile the Warren campaign has started accusing Russia for "spreading the lies".
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold.

  13. #4473
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    20,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    They spelled CNN wrong.

    And of course there just happened to be a hot mic on the stage after the debate.

  14. #4474
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    They spelled CNN wrong.

    And of course there just happened to be a hot mic on the stage after the debate.
    Why would CNN want to push a Sanders/Warren feud?

  15. #4475
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    26,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Compared to Biden or Warren? Yes, especially after her attempt to throw him under the bus.
    Yep.

    I'm voting for anyone the DNC puts forward because fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Donald Trump, but Bernie is by far my favorite now. Warren was a close behind, but not anymore.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Why would CNN want to push a Sanders/Warren feud?
    To divide progressives further and make Biden stronger.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You mean after he said a woman would be a bad idea for President. And then started attacking all over the place. Was that what you meant?
    Why the fuck would a guy who endorsed Hillary say that?

    Bernie's been fighting for feminism for decades.

  16. #4476
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Why would CNN want to push a Sanders/Warren feud?
    CNN and every other corporate media chain is strongly opposed to the two most progressive candidates.

    Tools of the status quo are going to status quo.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold.

  17. #4477
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    21,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    CNN and every other corporate media chain is strongly opposed to the two most progressive candidates.

    Tools of the status quo are going to status quo.
    I've read its personal between Zucker and Sanders since Sanders publicly advocated the big Communications Labor dispute that cost CNN a fuck ton of money in court. So some of this bitterness is possibly personal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    сила лунной призмы составляет - Tankie Paleo-Conservatism with TERF characteristics, Sacred Meme Ideology. Ashley Frawley and Patrick Deneen are great, Aimee Terese was right about Warren.

  18. #4478
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    CNN and every other corporate media chain is strongly opposed to the two most progressive candidates.

    Tools of the status quo are going to status quo.
    That's interesting. I sort of view CNN as just a machine for the left, I hadn't really considered there would be factional preferences. I'm still not convinced; CNN didn't make Warren confront Sanders.

  19. #4479
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Quarantine and Chill
    Posts
    47,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Why would CNN want to push a Sanders/Warren feud?
    Cause CNN is a corporate entity and thus a) naturally hostile to progressive candidates/causes that aren't in the interests of rich liberals and b) in possession of the profit motive to keep people hooked on a constantly changing 24 hour narrative.

    I know y'all like to claim CNN and all the other mainstream news sources have a left wing bias but that is distinctly not the case. There is no left or right wing mainstream media in the US, there's only corporate grift.
    Elizabeth Warren is the neighbor in the horror movie who drives by the haunted house and is like “hey guys seems bad in there want to come with me?” and America is the family that’s like “nah it’s probably not that bad there were only chainsaw noises in the night that one time!”

  20. #4480
    Banned matheney2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South of the Border
    Posts
    8,742
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Or he has serious reading comprehension issues, maybe both.
    Trust me, it's both.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    That's interesting. I sort of view CNN as just a machine for the left, I hadn't really considered there would be factional preferences. I'm still not convinced; CNN didn't make Warren confront Sanders.
    This dumbass notion that CNN is "left" is just absurd that was started by trump because they criticized him, and we all know if you criticize trump you are a leftist right?

    CNN is more moderate and is just another big money company pushing their interests through the news like all the others do. #WheresYang?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •