Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Bernie has said multiple times (paraphrasing) "The American people have the right to know about the health of a candidate running for president, a right to full disclosure, and at the appropriate time we (his campaign) will make ALL of my medical records public..."

And his campaign has now said they won't do that.

And the Bernie cult is dismissing it with "He released summary letters like everyone else, so it doesn't matter what he said before!"
    He never said he would release full medical records.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah I'll believe when I see it.
    Why vould Bernie pick Val, when last year he said that Stacy Abrams was a tough sell to the "white voters" in Georgia?

Hakeem Jefferies... the same Hakeem Jefferies that AOC and the Jacobins keep threatening to primary?

I'm really enjoying Bernie fans projecting their own magical thinking onto Bernie. I hate to call it a cult. But it is very cult-like behavior.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...release-044248

“People do have a right to know about the health of a senator and someone running for president,” Sanders told CNN’s Sanjay Gupta in a live interview at his Burlington, Vt. home. “At the appropriate time we'll make all the medical records public for you or anyone else who wants to see them.
    Yes, he did.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/berni...b6f1f57f158f7d

“You can start releasing medical records ― it never ends,” Sanders told NBC’s “Meet The Press” when asked whether he planned to release additional medical records after having a heart attack in October.
    And then started backing away from his pledge earlier this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Why vould Bernie pick Val, when last year he said that Stacy Abrams was a tough sell to the "white voters" in Georgia?

Hakeem Jefferies... the same Hakeem Jefferies that AOC and the Jacobins keep threatening to primary?

I'm really enjoying Bernie fans projecting their own magical thinking onto Bernie. I hate to call it a cult. But it is very cult-like behavior.
    Interesting that you left off the next part of what he said: "I think next time around, by the way, it will be a lot easier for them to do that.”
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePp9Ds8JFY4&t=6m

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...release-044248

Yes, he did.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/berni...b6f1f57f158f7d

And then started backing away from his pledge earlier this month.
    That's an obvious willful misinterpretation of what he said. What he has released is beyond sufficient. This is a non-issue from disingenuous people, and its telling that this is the kind of boring BS people are resorting to to attack him.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post

I hope you're not referring me as a "Bernie fan" with that projection. I wouldn't mind if Val or Hakeem were selected as VP - regardless of who is the Democratic candidate.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    A small reminder that worrying about a candidate's health is a weird american phenomenon. It almost seems a bit trollish and petty, more something I'd expect from Republicans.

In many strong societies people respect their elders and their wisdom and nobody trolls about their health.
    People are freaked out by how strong Sanders is, and since they don't have substance to challenge him on they resort to weird BS like this, or blaming him for twitter trolls.
    -ynnady

That's an obvious willful misinterpretation of what he said. What he has released is beyond sufficient. This is a non-issue from disingenuous people, and its telling that this is the kind of boring BS people are resorting to to attack him.
    He literally said, "all the medical records" and was extensively discussing how he wanted to be fully transparent with his health in light of his recent heart attack.

And then decided not to.

WHICH SOUNDS REALLY FAMILIAR, NO?

This isn't a "non-issue", this is an issue Sanders himself created and is responsible for. Nobody forced him to go on a tour talking about making his health records available.

A small reminder that worrying about a candidate's health is a weird american phenomenon. It almost seems a bit trollish and petty, more something I'd expect from Republican tactics.

In many strong societies people respect their elders and their wisdom and nobody concern-worries about their health to try discredit them.
    Except that there were already questions about Trump's age in 2016, and Sanders is both older than Trump and we're 4 years out from that. And, to boot, Sanders had a heart attack last year which makes his health a valid topic.

Respecting your elders is fine, and that's not the issue here. The issue is whether or not a president is going to keel over due to heart issues 2 years into their presidency.

Health records, much like taxes, used to be a "given". You released them, nobody much cared, you moved on. And this was in part because there was never anything in either documents that warranted concern.

But again, Sanders heart attack complicates the situation. But color me surprised you're here dismissing it all with some grade-A bullshit about "respecting elders". Why don't you respect Trump then? He's old.

Get that weak-ass shit outta here.

He literally said, "all the medical records" and was extensively discussing how he wanted to be fully transparent with his health in light of his recent heart attack.

And then decided not to.

WHICH SOUNDS REALLY FAMILIAR, NO?

This isn't a "non-issue", this is an issue Sanders himself created and is responsible for. Nobody forced him to go on a tour talking about making his health records available.
    "All the medical records" is not "My full, page for page, medical records".

This is nonsense. Do you have anything real you care about, or is this it?
    -ynnady

"All the medical records" is not "My full, page for page, medical records".

This is nonsense. Do you have anything real you care about, or is this it?
    Hey, if Sanders wasn't clear with his words that's on him. Media were running with that narrative from the moment he said it, and he never bothered to clarify that they were incorrect, which leads me to believe they were correct.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I mean, my issue was the fact it was compared with the whole birtherism nonsense because it is absolutely ridiculous to do so.

I couldn't care less about "attacking" Bernie Sanders. His supporters do enough damage themselves, tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

So strong the man had a heart attack.... Jesus wept.
    The most powerful politician this country ever had was in a wheelchair.

Your bigotry is gross, and yet another example of how pathetic the anti-sanders crowd has become.
    -ynnady

Hey, if Sanders wasn't clear with his words that's on him. Media were running with that narrative from the moment he said it, and he never bothered to clarify that they were incorrect, which leads me to believe they were correct.
    It doesn't matter how clear he is when people like you will find any excuse to blow up every non-issue into a scandal. You'll always fish until you find something because you are deranged.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    I hope you're not referring me as a "Bernie fan" with that projection. I wouldn't mind if Val or Hakeem were selected as VP - regardless of who is the Democratic candidate.
    That's what I was argueing they would be good with any of the current people running, that makes me a cult member? what?

A small reminder that worrying about a candidate's health is a weird american phenomenon. It almost seems a bit trollish and petty, more something I'd expect from Republican tactics.

In many strong societies people respect their elders and their wisdom and nobody concern-worries about their health to try discredit them.
    It was a very serious issue in 2008 when John McCain ran for president, particularly for his age. There was nothing "Republican" about it then.

And, like then, it simply means their VP choice has more importance. Sarah the-Fukwit Palin was his linchpin decision that doomed McCain in '08. Please don't tell me it wasn't his choice/pressured into it nonsense... he ultimately said "yes"to her - that was his choice. Nobody else put a gun to his head. If you're running for president, every damn choice you make durring said campaign IS setting an example.

While back on health topic:

I'll say it once, and I'll say it a THOUSAND times again - a dead corpse is less destructive than Donald Dump. And I mean that seriously. A president doing absolutely nothing will do a better job than Dumbass Dump.

I have no problem if Bernie passes away next year as then just the VP choice steps in. That's the whole point of a VP.

It doesn't matter how clear he is when people like you will find any excuse to blow up every non-issue into a scandal. You'll always fish until you find something because you are deranged.
    This isn't a scandal, and I've never said anything to that effect. It's an embarrassing moment for Sanders and makes an easy comparison to Trump and his taxes, that's it.

Oh cmon, the news sensationalizes everything, you know this to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Oh cmon, the news sensationalizes everything, you know this to be true.
    They do. That doesn't mean I buy into that sensationalism though.

Edit: Additionally, if you're running a campaign and you see your words being twisted, you reach out to media and correct the record. You don't let that stand for months and then go back and say, "Well they misinterpreted!"

He has staff to monitor media for trends and shit like this. He has staff to reach out to media with corrections. This isn't something unusual or atypical. This is a normal part of campaigning.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    So, instead, you attack me. Cool.

I'm not even "anti-sanders." I showed concern for an old man that had a heart attack. Your need to bring up a disabled President is troubling.

Heart attacks are not specific to hard work or activity. You can be the laziest slob ever and have a heart attack.
    If you don't want to talk about FDR being in a wheelchair, don't make ignorant comments about the health of presidents. Only 20% of older people who have a heart attack even have another one within five years. You don't know what you are talking about.
    -ynnady