Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Yeah, I was commenting about that to my mother. That Bernie supporters insist that Bernie is a great candidate and that Biden sucks and yet Bernie is losing to Biden.
    President Hillary Clinton would like to have a word, it's a bit nonsensical argument on both sides you don't know who wins the general until they are in there polls are kind of meaningless at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boy, remember 2 weeks ago when they were spiking the foot ball.

People for Bernie
    @People4Bernie
    We understand today is hard for supporters of other campaigns today, especially those newly engaged in the politics who poured their hearts into this election up until this point

We know what it's like to fall short on a campaign. We'll be here when you're ready to join #NotMeUs
    5:06 PM · Feb 22, 2020

Also,
    They’re going to invite that guy Biden yelled out to every talk show and it’s going to be the fastest milkshake duck in history.
    Government Affiliated Snark

You know what's trippy to me? That a comeback surge like this occurred:

That is a crazy bounce back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    President Hillary Clinton would like to have a word, it's a bit nonsensical argument on both sides you don't know who wins the general until they are in there polls are kind of meaningless at this point.
    To be fair though, Bernie's win in Michigan in 2016, and his complete ass-kicking in 2020 shows just how much people hated Hillary as a candidate. Trump BARELY beat Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    People saying that Biden would lose to Trump, yet Bernie would win seems to not realize that Bernie is getting utterly smashed by Biden in several states. If Sanders can't beat Biden, the notion that he'd beat Trump is laughable.
    It’s comparing two different sets of voters, with different critical constituencies and different strategies though. I get what you mean, but it’s also not an apples to apples comparison. Most of the people that vote against a particular candidate in a party primary are going to vote for that candidate in the general election.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

I can't wait to spend the next 6 months with wall to wall coverage debating if Biden has dementia. I kind of wonder how many more times Biden will get confused and accidentally endorse Trump. The GOP is going to have a fucking field day with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    It’s comparing two different sets of voters, with different critical constituencies and different strategies though. I get what you mean, but it’s also not an apples to apples comparison. Most of the people that vote against a particular candidate in a party primary are going to vote for that candidate in the general election.
    I agree with you. I'm just saying its hard to argue that Sanders is the stronger candidate if he's getting thoroughly crushed in the primary.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I can't wait to spend the next 6 months with wall to wall coverage debating if Biden has dementia. I kind of wonder how many more times Biden will get confused and accidentally endorse Trump. The GOP is going to have a fucking field day with him.
    they were going to go all out on any candidate who won, and trump is like the poster child of dementia.

To be fair though, Bernie's win in Michigan in 2016, and his complete ass-kicking in 2020 shows just how much people hated Hillary as a candidate. Trump BARELY beat Clinton.
    Not really Hillary had no such momentum or complete coalescing of the party behind her and it was a two person race from start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    He must fall in line by the 18th or lose his committee assignments in the Senate IMO.

Zero tolerance for his horseshit.
    #912 way to lose in November.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the big trends in 2020 is, BErnie has bleed out rural white voters. First he lost them to Pete in Iowa. After Pete, their second ranked choice preference is Biden.

Right now, Joe Biden is combining Bernie's 2016 margins in rural areas with Clinton's 2016 margins in suburban and urban areas.

If this is replicated in the general election, Trump will lose.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you. I'm just saying its hard to argue that Sanders is the stronger candidate if he's getting thoroughly crushed in the primary.
    I mean, if Biden being ahead by ~20% is "being crushed" that's an odd measure of crushing IMO. Having some 40% of the party backing you is hardly losing.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    #912 way to lose in November.
    Go ahead.

Stay home

RBG will only live to be 104, right?

RBG's life expectenc is the effective gun to your head. Enjoy.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Either one beating Trump relies on them winning the people they're not right now.

So ya know, we're divided between a bunch of self-entitled "moderates" who want their DINO or they're gonna stay home, and a bunch of self-entitled "progressives" who want their lefty or they're gonna stay home.
    I doubt sincerely the DINO's as you call them care. Like running dementia addled Joe Biden is basically throwing the election without outright saying as much. Basically the class of people in the party backing Biden win either way.

Four more years of Trump allows them to stay in opposition mode; make a good chunk of change grifting off of Liberal outrage storms, and otherwise maintain the basic policies they like but sadly lacking in decorum and polite sensibilities. Also probably the SCOTUS will be less pro-Abortion. In terms of cold hard cash, they make out well.

If somehow the walking potato brain becomes president they have a puppet and already floating a bunch of Wall Street goons and bank tycoons as important economic folk, and Bloomberg for World Bank.

The Democratic Party is dead if you are a Leftist of any variety. Why the term "DINO" is used is if anything bizarre, it is THEIR party, it is clearly the domain of Neo-Liberal Technocrats and the class interests of the Professional Managerial Class.

Take care of your families. There is no help coming from the DNC. Not now, not ever. This is also likely the last real Leftist out there that even could run in US history, and there really is no next gen to carry on this fight. Sanders is basically it as far as the Left in this country is concerned. Whether Dems win or lose now, nothing will fundamentally change, in fact Biden said exactly that word for word, that nothing would change.

And lets get one thing clear, I do not see anyway this brain melted fossil with his legions of corruption, gaffes galore, tendency to slip into heated Alziehmers Boomer moments, will stand a single shot against Troll-King Trump in a debate. Democrats will likely lose in November, AGAIN. A Second humiliation to a IRL Internet Troll. Also because it is a census time this year, the GOP will end up in control of the redistricting process, locking the Democratic electorate... whatever's left of it after this... into minority status in the House and state legislatures.

Also, Trump will probably appoint Ginsberg's successor.

This party, is done for either way. But do stop calling those people DINO's, at this point its borderline delusional to assume this party belongs to anyone but the Bloomberg's and Biden's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Wow, the youth vote completely failed Bernie Sanders.

Also clearly people really despised Hillary Clinton in 2016.
    The numbers are insane. Bernie's base and Biden's base are literal opposites. The 45 and older crowd overwhelmingly goes for Biden and the 44 and under crowd overwhelmingly goes for Bernie. The problem is one of those bases showed up and the other didn't; not in a capacity sufficient to yield wins for Sanders at least.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    I wish he grew some balls and stayed in just to fuck you guys over.
    As a pretty big Sanders supporter, yeah no. He needs to drop now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    You know what's trippy to me? That a comeback surge like this occurred:

That is a crazy bounce back.
    Yeah it's pretty insane. The Clyburn boost that gave him the massive SC win, which quickly transitioned to moderates dropping out and endorsing him the day before Super Tuesday is a whole lot of wind in a candidate's sails. Not having a debate between Super Tuesday and tonight didn't hurt either.

And Sanders had no idea how to combat all of this.

Both have strengths but also glaring weaknesses. For me the question has been “after all the shit has been flung, what do people remember the candidates for?” 2016 was a shitstorm, and in the end when Clinton and Trump were both covered in it, people knew what Trump stood for more than they did Clinton. Biden and Trump are going to fling shit back and forth for eight months now. When November comes around, what are people going to associate with Joe?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Go ahead.

Stay home

RBG will only live to be 104, right?

RBG's life expectenc is the effective gun to your head. Enjoy.
    Nothing gets people enthusiastic to vote like threatening them to vote for the status quo because they have no other choice.

roflmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    I mean, if Biden being ahead by ~20% is "being crushed" that's an odd measure of crushing IMO. Having some 40% of the party backing you is hardly losing.
    In a country where the General is usually decided by 1-3% and 5% is considered a mandate, 20% is pretty definitive.

People saying that Biden would lose to Trump, yet Bernie would win seems to not realize that Bernie is getting utterly smashed by Biden in several states. If Sanders can't beat Biden, the notion that he'd beat Trump is laughable.
    That's just not how primaries work. Primaries are not indicative of generals. Although I think if I repeat myself on this subject I'll punch my face through a wall.

... okay, a little more. In this case, the number one reason cited for going with Biden is that it's believed he'll beat Trump. The top issue cited by voters is, for once, not healthcare - it's beating Trump. This means that Biden is winning because Biden is winning. It's not because Sanders is actually unelectable. It's because he's perceived to be, by people who would still vote for him anyway because they say their top priority is beating Trump. That means we haven't even heard from the people who wouldn't vote for him and would decide whether he's actually electable. It's all a complete guess. And historically, we are wrong on what is electable.

Eh. I was already prepared for this night. I'm just hoping Biden picks up some of either Sanders or Warren's platform. I'm not holding out hope for the guy who flat out said he'd veto medicare for all if Congress passed it, but maybe there'll be something.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Nothing gets people enthusiastic to vote like threatening them to vote for the status quo because they have no other choice.

roflmao.
    Who said anything about enthusiasm?

I don't subscribe to the Tinkerbell theory of politics. Claps =/= votes.

Bernie Sanders evidently did.

RBG is 87. It is literally "vote Democrat or the old broad buys it".

It's a shit sandwich. No ifs and or buts about it.