Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Oh Bernie, never change lol. Never ever change.

Biden should refuse to debate him on Sunday. The primary is over. Don't indulge him or his half-baked non-movement.
    And you complain about Trump's authoritarian streaks?

Come on dude. Sanders may not have a chance in hell, but let this shit play out. This is Democracy. It's fuckin messy, and you know that.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And you complain about Trump's authoritarian streaks?

Come on dude. Sanders may not have a chance in hell, but let this shit play out. This is Democracy. It's fuckin messy, and you know that.
    What exactly would another debate accomplish? How is canceling a debate "authoritarian"? I mean, if this were the second of two debates, sure, that makes sense. But this is the, what? The 100th DNC Primary debate? Let's be done with those and start getting behind Team Biden.
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-03-11 at 09:05 PM.

I'm not gonna vote for senile Joe just because he is the Dem candidate. That's childish. We're voting for a president and not cheering for a football team here. Senile Joe is an even worse choice than Trump

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    I'm not gonna vote for senile Joe just because he is the Dem candidate. That's childish. We're voting for a president and not cheering for a football team here. Senile Joe is an even worse choice than Trump
    How? Just fucking how is he worse than Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Why? If Joe Biden is the strongest nominee what do you have to be afraid of on the debate stage? It should be another opportunity for him to strengthen his base and get people to vote for him right? Bernie will get a chance to move the democratic party to the left and shift the debate by being on that stage and maybe force Biden to change his policy stances. Get him to nail down exactly what he will do as president so the voters can be more informed. What, do you not like informed voters that know what they are voting for? Are the neocons not confident that Joe Biden can handle himself and want him to stay hidden from public eye until November 3rd?
    It's not about being afraid. It's about sending a message: that Bernie is done and its time for him to kiss the ring and fall in line.

And Bernie's leverage lessens every week he stays in. Starting next Tuesay, he gets wholloped even worse.

He will not move the party left by losing by massive margins in places like Florida and Georgia and Lousiana. He will burn what little leverage he has left up.

Today was the day to drop out.

Senile Trump is worse...fucker can't even speak...let alone wipe his own ass.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    What exactly would another debate accomplish? How is canceling a debate "authoritarian"? I mean, if this were the second of two debates, sure, that makes sense. But this is the, what? 100th DNC Primary debate. Let's be done with those and start getting behind Team Biden.
    It accomplishes letting Bernie finish his campaign on his own terms. Aside from the "optics" of it, it would be grossly disrespectful and Bernie and his supporters deserve better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    He should, just so people even more excuses to not vote.

Or are just to scared it'll show how senile your favorite conservative is?
    I'm not concerned about the voting patterns of any voter, unless they live in Florida, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, Arizona and North Carolina. The six states that matter. As I said, Bernie Sanders supporters from the other 44 states can stay home that night. Hell most of them in those six states should stay home that night too. Biden should go for people he KNOWS will vote, not people he hopes will vote.

All of which skews heavily towards older voters and voting groups Biden is dominating in.

Bernie brings nothing to the table.

What exactly would another debate accomplish?
    Sanders has a very slim chance, but still a chance. He hasn't conceded, and even if there's no functional path to the nomination for him it's important that Democrats behave "normally" and avoid any appearance of "putting their thumb" on the scale.

Also, canceling debates when there are still candidates is just pretty anti-democratic in general.

How is canceling a debate "authoritarian"?
    I'm using that word very liberally, but like...it's authoritarian in the same way that the GOP refusing to allow other candidates on ballots to try to challenge Trump in the primary is. There's no reason for it other than to simply shut down the other side(s).

But this is the, what? 100th DNC Primary debate. Let's be done with those and start getting behind Team Biden.
    This is also the first debate without half a dozen people on the stage, which radically changes the dynamics and gives us a better idea of how Biden (or Sanders) will perform in 1:1 debates against Trump in the general.

It's not time to get behind Team Biden yet. That happens when Sanders ends his campaign. And if he doesn't end it when Biden reaches the delegate threshhold or when it's clear that Biden has a plurality of delegates, that's when more drastic actions like this are on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    How? Just fucking how is he worse than Trump?
    He is a status-quo dinosaur, a creep,just as corrupt but a more senile version of Trump. He can't even distinguish Tuesday from Thursday
    Last edited by lockybalboa; 2020-03-11 at 10:03 PM.

It's not about being afraid. It's about sending a message: that Bernie is done and its time for him to kiss the ring and fall in line.

And Bernie's leverage lessens every week he stays in. Starting next Tuesay, he gets wholloped even worse.

He will not move the party left by losing by massive margins in places like Florida and Georgia and Lousiana. He will burn what little leverage he has left up.

Today was the day to drop out.
    Your preferred candidate won, and you know he's flawed (everyone is to some degree), but go ahead and keep this facade under the pretext of 'anything to topple Trump' - pretending this election is solely a referendum on Trump is disingenuous.
    If Trump is removed in nov, you'll be back to your pro-corporate, warmongering antics, on which republican-lite Biden will be happy to deliver.

He can't even distinguish Tuesday from Thursday
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...vote-wrong-day

I mean, that's not a great argument to stand on if you're looking for reasons why Trump is better, dude.

I don't think anyone actually believes you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    On the contrary, every american should see Biden in a debate right about now. They need to know what they're voting for in november. Fuck off with the 'abandon policy talk' bullshit.
    They're voting for exactly what I've said months ago: an Avocado with a (D) carved into it. Did you people think I was joking when I said that was the mood of Democrats? Because that is exactly what Democrats are voting for over Bernard Sanders and his "plans".

This is not a policy election. It's a referendum on Trump.

It is irrelevant if Biden pees his pants on stage and drools. It's irrelevant if his healthcare plan is written in crayon. It's irrelevant if he is senile. He can win States that are needed to beat Trump better than Bernie can. And that's all that matters.

And for the record, I doubt Trump will eve bother showing up to the debates in the Fall either. He has nothing to gain and everything to lose against any candidate by having pointed questions asked of him he can't talk his way around.

I'm... starting to think there are two cubbys. Does one have a weird b, like a ß or something, and I've just never noticed there are actually two distinct people?

There's rational cubby who disagrees with Team Sanders but agrees important aspects of the platform should be adopted, agrees that maybe there should be some pressure to get this done.

Then there's RADICAL FUCK THE PROGS CUBBY, YOU VOTE TEAM OR WE VOTE YOU OFF THIS PLANET, IF THE DEMOCRATIC NOMINEE IS ZOMBIE CLONE HITLER YOU BETTER SIEG HEIL THAT CORPSE ON NOVEMBER 3RD MOTHERFUCKERS!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    He is a status-quo dinosaur, a pedo,just as corrupt but a more senile version of Trump. He can't even distinguish Tuesday from Thursday
    Let me know if Biden is ever impeached. I personally don't see it happening, but you must have a crystal ball and corruption radar.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...vote-wrong-day

I mean, that's not a great argument to stand on if you're looking for reasons why Trump is better, dude.

I don't think anyone actually believes you.
    You'd expect me to vote for a senile dinosaur just because he is Dem? You think we're voting for a idol contest or cheering for football team here?

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Your preferred candidate won, and you know he's flawed (everyone is to some degree), but go ahead and keep this facade under the pretext of 'anything to topple Trump' - pretending this election is solely a referendum on Trump is disingenuous.
    If Trump is removed in nov, you'll be back to your pro-corporate, warmongering antics, on which Biden will be happy to deliver.
    It is entirely about a referendum on Trump. You're clinging to some alternative reality where it isn't, solely to make an ideological safe space for yourself. Because policy is where you are comfortable. Relevant.

Voters are decisively telling you to come back to the real world. There is no policy debate in 2020. There is only "do you want 4 more years of the Donald Trump show, yes or no."

And I'm an anti-interventionist, thank you very much. It's not my fault you can't tell the difference between a guy who doesn't believe in fights (a pacifist) and a guy who doesn't want to get into them easily or freely but believes that when we do we should be decisive.

My friends have spent enough time fighting this country's stupid wars, thank you very much. But that doesn't change the fact the world we live in requires a strong American hand. The failure of the international community to step up with Coronavirus and the failure of China to show any leadership whatsoever shows why the US is the indispensable nation. If only we had a White House up to the task.

As for "pro-corporate"... the business of America is business. What's your point?

You'd expect me to vote for a senile dinosaur just because he is Dem?
    I never said anything of the sort. I simply pointed out that one of your stated arguments for why Biden is worse than Trump doesn't actually exist.

You think we're voting for a idol contest or cheering for football team here?
    This may be many peoples first rodeo, and maybe yours, but this shit is old hat to me, friend.

You'd expect me to vote for a senile dinosaur just because he is Dem? You think we're voting for a idol contest or cheering for football team here?

Unless you live in Wisconsin, Michigan, North Carolina, Florida, Arizona, or Pennsylvania, I expect you to stay home election day. Sanders voters are not reliable voters.

If you live in one of those six states, if would be great if you turned out. But if you don't, meh. Biden already has the coalition needed to win in those states which are older or more minority dominated.

So yeah. See your hostage there? *shoots the hostage*. You don't get to take hostages. If I were you, go netflix and chill or something.

I never said anything of the sort. I simply pointed out that one of your stated arguments for why Biden is worse than Trump doesn't actually exist.

This may be many peoples first rodeo, and maybe yours, but this shit is old hat to me, friend.
    Which is harder then? Getting a date wrong or distinguishing Tuesday from Thursday?

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you live in Wisconsin, Michigan, North Carolina, Florida, Arizona, or Pennsylvania, I expect you to stay home election day. Sanders voters are not reliable voters.

If you live in one of those six states, if would be great if you turned out. But if you don't, meh. Biden already has the coalition needed to win in those states which are older or more minority dominated.

So yeah. See your hostage there? *shoots the hostage*. You don't get to take hostages. If I were you, go netflix and chill or something.

Dem or bust huh? Let's just vote for a nincompoop who is a more senile version of Trump for president just because he is Dem. Nice logic.