10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Well with Beto endorsing him and Biden hiring Beto's campaign manager it's not looking good. They haven't learned that outright gun grabbing IS NOT popular
    The US does love it guns, I think some poster underestimate how a lot of people on the left(to the left of Sanders) are also pro-gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    The US does love it guns, I think some poster underestimate how a lot of people on the left(to the left of Sanders) are also pro-gun.
    I'm certainly not willing to give up mine with all the fascists starting to come out from under their rocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well with Beto endorsing him and Biden hiring Beto's campaign manager it's not looking good. They haven't learned that outright gun grabbing IS NOT popular
    Beto plus the video of Biden looking like he was about to fight someone asking about his gun legislation...not good looks.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Hard not to stereotype some of them when they behave exactly like the "Bernie Bro" stereotype. /shrug

And let's not pretend they're all sweet and innocent people or something. This entire thread is one of people doing nothing more than attacking each other. Plus Trump supporters concern trolling and stirring shit up, ofc.
    What drives me nuts though is the majority of the crazy Sanders supporters are people who act crazy no matter what thread they post in. It's not surprising that they're shit posting, what's surprising is that otherwise reasonable people are acting like these are the ambassadors to the whole voting population and act rudely toward everyone who supports the man. If called on it they'll couch it in language of "but I was only talking to the Bernie Bros," but that smacks of bullshit.

It seems like a weird choice to be so divisive. People like Skroe will roll their eyes at that small percentage of Sanders supporters who live in swing states, crow about how irrelevant and basically stupid his voters are, but that percentage exists and Trump won by a small percentage of voters last time. If you want to claim to be the adults in the room, fucking act like it. (Not really targeting you with this, just responding to you btw).

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Yeah, I have been saying that. They think a Biden moderate is the halfway point between a republican and a democrat, when he's actually closer to an old school republican. He just seems moderate because the right is so far right now.
    I have been using a food analogy elsewhere to describe the scenario:

Someone dangles two choices in front of Person X

1) A gourmet feast fit for a king
    2) A cheap buffet

X chooses 3) A decent buffet

Afterwards, that someone dangles two choices in front of X again

1) A cheap buffet
    2) A 5 course meal that isn't anything special

X chooses 3) A 6 course meal that isn't anything special

That someone now makes X choose between

1) A 3 course meal
    2) A sandwich

X decides on 3) A soggy burger and a soft drink to go with it

Finally, X has to choose between

1) A sandwich
    2) Shit

Naturally because X has been compromising all this while, because X lacks a spine to stand up and criticize the falling standards of food options, X chooses 3) A shit sandwich.

tl;dr?

Don't compromise on what is right and good just to please others. Don't be the guy who chooses the shit sandwich.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2020-03-12 at 07:12 PM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    well there goes wisconsin. wisconsin is a slightly right leaning swing state. guns are a VERY sensitive issue up here. any mention of banning guns and wisconsin would probably go for trump. not that we have a lot of electoral votes. what was it 11? 8? a lot of hunters and gun enthusiasts/nra members up here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    sanders said he's endorsing biden if he wins. *shrug*
    beto has a lot of overlap with demographics sanders did well with:
    https://www.cnn.com/election/2018/ex...s/texas/senate

isn't that what you wanted? folding in candidates that young non white progressives favor?
    he endorsed clinton in 2016 and i still didn't vote for her. i may like him as a candidate but i am not going to blindly follow bernie with whatever he does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    as someone pointed out, he didn't win.
    but he did do better than most dems ever do in texas.
    biden's picking him because he made a big name for himself among progressives, especially in the south. if the repubs have to work that much harder to hold their home territory, its a win.
    gun control has a lot of support nationwide - having someone like beto signals that biden is serious about it. biden won't necessarily implement every one of betos ideas, though.
    gun control yes. banning guns....absolutely not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    One is not obligated to vote for a "winner."

A vote is a show of support. You can always stay home, vote third party, or vote for one of the two main candidates. If you are asked to choose between a shit sandwich, and a shit sandwich with pickles, choosing to go have a PB&J is perfectly reasonable.
    really cause a lot of posters here seem to be frothing at the mouth when someone chooses to go third party or sit it out. basically making them a pariah for doing so. it happened last time and it's happening again.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2020-03-12 at 08:47 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    well there goes wisconsin. wisconsin is a slightly right leaning swing state. guns are a VERY sensitive issue up here. any mention of banning guns and wisconsin would probably go for trump. not that we have a lot of electoral votes. what was it 11? 8? a lot of hunters and gun enthusiasts/nra members up here.

he endorsed clinton in 2016 and i still didn't vote for her. i may like him as a candidate but i am not going to blindly follow bernie with whatever he does.

here's biden's platform on guns:

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

this is the only ban:
    Ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.
    its just reiterating a previous law that got dropped.
    really cause a lot of posters here seem to be frothing at the mouth when someone chooses to go third party or sit it out. basically making them a pariah for doing so. it happened last time and it's happening again.
    who cares if someone on the internet gets mad at you?

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Beto got 48.3% in his election.
    Bernie only got 30%

Team Sanders in a nutshell .... brosplaining electoral Texas to Beto.

This has been the trouble with Sander/MichaelMoore the gadfly left in general. They always claim to have this magic recipe for a huge progressive following ... that only exists in their own egos.

They never produce the results to back it up. Endless selling of this fantasy.

Basically the perfect grift.
    You guys keep doing this thing where you're logically fallacious in the most toxic and trollbaiting way. You and Skroe both do it. Well, all of you guys seem to do it, but you two in particular do it in that "crazy uncle ranting on an icecream truck's Facebook page about how Obama ruined his favorite flavor" kind of way.

Bernie Sanders received 30% more votes in 2020 than in 2016 in Texas. 200,000 more votes. Yet he received a smaller percentage of the total vote. This fact alone should tell you that there is a serious flaw in how you are interpreting this election.

Turnout massively increased this year, all across the board. But it especially increased in voters over 65. To historic degrees never before seen in a primary. So while Bernie Sanders did deliver on his promises to pull in more people - by massive margins - it's tempered by the increase in a different category, a group that overwhelmingly said it was choosing its candidate not based on ideology, but on ability to beat Trump. A group that by definition said it would choose Sanders, and show for him in the general, if Sanders was the topline candidate. But because that guy is Biden, they picked Biden.

It's okay to be against Bernie Sanders, but don't torture data to invent new realities. That's some Republican bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    You guys keep doing this thing where you're logically fallacious in the most toxic and trollbaiting way. You and Skroe both do it. Well, all of you guys seem to do it, but you two in particular do it in that "crazy uncle ranting on an icecream truck's Facebook page about how Obama ruined his favorite flavor" kind of way.

Bernie Sanders received 30% more votes in 2020 than in 2016 in Texas. 200,000 more votes. Yet he received a smaller percentage of the total vote. This fact alone should tell you that there is a serious flaw in how you are interpreting this election.

Turnout massively increased this year, all across the board. But it especially increased in voters over 65. To historic degrees never before seen in a primary. So while Bernie Sanders did deliver on his promises to pull in more people - by massive margins - it's tempered by the increase in a different category, a group that overwhelmingly said it was choosing its candidate not based on ideology, but on ability to beat Trump. A group that by definition said it would choose Sanders, and show for him in the general, if Sanders was the topline candidate. But because that guy is Biden, they picked Biden.

It's okay to be against Bernie Sanders, but don't torture data to invent new realities. That's some Republican bullshit.
    its not really comparable since bernie was running against other dems & beto was running against a repub. beto's performance was amazing for a dem in such a red state, which is why he got so much attention.
    and his voters had a heavy overlap with bernie, even though beto would be called a "conservative" by some here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Again, I don't agree with it, but a lot of us feel Trump happened because the Dems are doing things wrong.
    They are doing something wrong. They are not as right leaning as their voters want them to be. The voters keep showing them they want more right leaning candidates like Hillary and Biden, but it gets ignored. Hence the disconnect.
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

10+ Year Old Account
    Seniors coming in bigger numbers to fuck over young people. it can't get more boomer than that.

With Coronavirus becoming more and more of an issue it seems irresponsible of Bernie to continue to drag this primary race

Just drop out and literally save people

So Biden increased turnout more than sanders did
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    They are doing something wrong. They are not as right leaning as their voters want them to be. The voters keep showing them they want more right leaning candidates like Hillary and Biden, but it gets ignored. Hence the disconnect.
    But the DNC keeps backing those exact people...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    With Coronavirus becoming more and more of an issue it seems irresponsible of Bernie to continue to drag this primary race

Just drop out and literally save people
    Biden could also drop and save people.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I'm a pariah. I'm cool with that.

So Biden increased turnout more than sanders did
    See, this is an example where we provide all the information, but you guys intentionally disregard it to come to a completely different conclusion than the data that's provided. You say you're an AI scientist, but I'm a computer scientist in image processing myself, and my boss would be ashamed of me if I wrote code with this logic.

The election increased turnout. The number one issue of this group was not to beat Sanders. It wasn't to support Biden. They all cited beating Trump as their primary motivation in this election.

Bernies speech on Corona was the lamest shit ever. Dude can't and isn't willing to go hard. He's a bureaucrat at heart.

Sigh. Just sigh.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Bernies speech on Corona was the lamest shit ever. Dude can't and isn't willing to go hard. He's a bureaucrat at heart.
    Clearly, China's methods would be so much better.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    See, this is an example where we provide all the information, but you guys intentionally disregard it to come to a completely different conclusion than the data that's provided. You say you're an AI scientist, but I'm a computer scientist in image processing myself, and my boss would be ashamed of me if I wrote code with this logic.

The election increased turnout. The number one issue of this group was not to beat Sanders. It wasn't to support Biden. They all cited beating Trump as their primary motivation in this election.
    Just as an aside, that is fan-fucking-tastic news.