The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Time to throw Bernie on the trasheap with other protest candidates. People want normalcy and unity, surprise!

2020 has shown us that the entire Bernie thesis of politics was wrong.
    He doesn’t win the white working class.
    He doesn’t energize voters.
    Spending the most money doesn’t equal a win.

He had a narrow base of loud dissenters. That’s it.

Imagine if BErnie had spent $200 Million on ventilators instead?
    Imagine if Bernie had spent $200 Million on literacy programs instead?
    I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree there.... Sanders had significant grass roots movement and enormous fundraising capability, all of which will be extraordinarily helpful for the general election. Extending an olive branch and bringing him into the fold is key to getting more voters out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree there.... Sanders had significant grass roots movement and enormous fundraising capability, all of which will be extraordinarily helpful for the general election. Extending an olive branch and bringing him into the fold is key to getting more voters out.
    Benire withheld his mailing list in 2016.

He's already switched his party affiliation back to Independent for his 2024 senate race filing.

If people learned anything, there' no long term benefit to feeding the BErnie troll monster. Theyre' better off winning over AoC and Ayanna Pressely.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Clinton tried that, and was met with a surly response that essentially served as a dog whistle to his camp just how happy he was. By all means overtures need to be made. But my expectation of how cooperative Sanders will be is minimal at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If anything, it's more likely to hurt Biden given that he leans more on older voters who are more likely to avoid the polls.

Younger voters avoid the polls regardless, so I doubt it will have a huge impact on them.
    Fair enough, though IMO they should of Postponed the Elections, they should at-least extend Mail in Ballot dates because of all the BS happening right now.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nah - Warren and Harris are coming from a place of knowledge and thoughtfulness, addressing issues and weighing it against what is needed vs wanted compared to short and long term economic effects to the United States.

Team Deplorable was hoping the economy would get him reelected. Now that the economy is tanking and unemployment projections are looking at 20%, they are desperate to do anything to save themselves.
    The Democrats got outflanked to their left and you are now saying "But its probably a smart policy or good, my team came up with it".

Heck Trump could propose and seriously push for a full Universal Health Care system, straight copy paste the UK system and a bunch of the Democrat loyalists in this thread would suddenly oppose it and cite Blue Cross spokesmen for talking points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I talked about this with the son of a Cuban immigrant. The sticking point for him wasn't that what he said was technically true. It's that it was so out of touch with the impact Castro had on people, to the point where they were risking their lives and those of their families on what amounted to suicide runs. And he then tripled down on it. And on top of that, you have swarms of people online calling anyone upset about pointing to something Castro did to hurt people as a good thing in any respect uneducated rubes. Even in this thread, pointing out that the issue exists gets you called a retard.

And you wonder why people take umbrage with Bernie supporters.

Oh, and he has a doctorate, before you decide to put the same label on him as you have on others.
    Hi, the Latin sides of my family family are Cuban and Rican.

The Cubans do not care.

Northern Cubans do not care.

This is almost entirely a southern Cuban issue, the ones who are more likely to be conservative, and are known for bad attitude and racism towards all other Latinos because they got here the “right way”.

- - - Updated - - -

Time to throw Bernie on the trasheap with other protest candidates. People want normalcy and unity, surprise!

2020 has shown us that the entire Bernie thesis of politics was wrong.
    He doesn’t win the white working class.
    He doesn’t energize voters.
    Spending the most money doesn’t equal a win.

He had a narrow base of loud dissenters. That’s it.

Imagine if BErnie had spent $200 Million on ventilators instead?
    Imagine if Bernie had spent $200 Million on literacy programs instead?
    Exit polls do not agree with you.

People literally at exit polls overwhelming support Bernie policies... but vote Biden because they feel he has an easier time beating trump.

Why in the fuck are you making this so Divisive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

The Cubans do not care.

This is almost entirely a southern Cuban issue, the ones who are more likely to be conservative, and are known for bad attitude and racism towards all other Latinos because they got here the “right way”.

- - - Updated - - -

People literally at exit polls overwhelming support Bernie policies... but vote Biden because they feel he has an easier time beating trump.

Good on you for admitting that there is a population sensitive to it. Though I should probably point out.. it wasn't saying it the first time that ticked people off. It was the tripling down.

As for people not supporting Sanders because Biden is the presumed winner.. Sanders is down 11 points in Florida, one of his biggest drops among quite a few from 2016 I believe. And Clinton was the presumed winner then as well. Its pretty simple to see that something more is going on than the latest round of bias crying.
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2020-03-18 at 06:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

The Cubans do not care.

Listen to BErnie and yourself. You guys are being divisive, just like in 2016. Crying "rigged", blaming minority voters <again>The same fucking playbook.

Sorry freund, you guys just do not understand the American electorate.

Bernie is just a conventional politician. He might be more corrosive and dishonest than conventional presidential candidates.

The Sanders team ran 4,605 ads on TV in Florida attacking JoeBiden on Social Security, but voters know better. Thats your exit polling

Voters dont trust Bernie on the issues. Because he hired professional trolls to staff his campaign. Honestly, he only seems interested in trolling Dems once every 4 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Listen to BErnie and yourself. You guys are being divisive, just like in 2016. Crying "rigged", blaming minority voters <again>The same fucking playbook.

Sorry freund, you guys just do not understand the American electorate.

Bernie is just a conventional politician. He might be more corrosive and dishonest than conventional presidential candidates.

The Sanders team ran 4,605 ads on TV in Florida attacking JoeBiden on Social Security, but voters know better. Thats your exit polling

Voters dont trust Bernie on the issues. Because he hired professional trolls to staff his campaign. Honestly, he only seems interested in trolling Dems once every 4 years.
    People still remember Sanders and his campaign team snubbing veterans and ADA groups in 2016.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    People still remember Sanders and his campaign team snubbing veterans and ADA groups in 2016.
    Bernie is losing so badly we're slightly ahead of the 2016 arc.

• Win New Hampshire - Manic delusions of grandeur, claim an a revolution of the masses.
    • Lose South Carolina - blame minority voters
    • Lose Super Tuesday - Cry rigged
    • Win Michigan - Claim a magical connection with disgruntled white voter, appear on Fox News
    • Lose More States - Claim that Trump or GOP are the "Real Progressives" <--------- you are here
    • Claim DNC is rigged again
    • Vote Jill Stein or Trump - "To Teach the DNC a Lesson"

It's going to be a long ass 7 and half months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    The Democrats got outflanked to their left and you are now saying "But its probably a smart policy or good, my team came up with it".

Heck Trump could propose and seriously push for a full Universal Health Care system, straight copy paste the UK system and a bunch of the Democrat loyalists in this thread would suddenly oppose it and cite Blue Cross spokesmen for talking points.
    Press "X" to doubt
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Let's not pretend that's a reasonable reaction.

It's an emotion-driven kneejerk response that's driven by internal biases and prejudices, not by an analysis of the facts at hand.

It's not that functionally different from saying "yeah, but of course White Southerners didn't vote for Obama; they're racist." That's an explanation, but it's not an excuse, and people reacting like that should have their poor decision-making called out to them. They shouldn't get a pass on it.

That specific dynamic is not a case of Bernie failing the electorate. It's a case of the electorate failing to make any effort to properly understand Bernie. They're the ones fucking that up, not Sanders.
    You just described the electorate in general. It actually IS, like very specifically, Bernie's job as a candidate to communicate effectively with voters. People are free to accuse the voters of poor decision making and lack of nuance-grasping (welcome to US politics, I guess), and thus "failing" the politicians, but it's not just politically obtuse, it's utterly pointless. And Bernie's not exactly new to politics.

The pressure is on now for Bernie to drop out, and by all means it looks like he will soon.

It's probably a good idea to state the obvious and just throw it out there that the main reason behind the pressure is not to spite anyone or to do a victory dance on Bernie's political grave. The reason everyone will want Bernie to drop out is to end the primary contest, so that all resources can be invested in the actual election. This is not a theoretical argument either, we are talking about millions and millions of dollars and Biden's own time being taken up by protecting his lead in a primary that is essentially already over; time that he could be spending on campaigning in crucial states for.. you guessed it the actual election.

Bernie needs to drop out and not make people go to the polls in the middle of a pandemic. He'd have to win contests he's currently slated to be wiped out in. And even if he didn't, out of the six states that matter in the fall - Wisconsin, Florida, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Arizona and Michigan - he's found himself proven decisively less popular than Biden in four of them (Wisconsin and Pennsylvania primaries are ahead of us still).

Bernie should drop out now and the rest of the primary season should be cancelled in favor of state-level Democratic party leadership committees holding a vote on assigning delegates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Republicans pull so much focus with being despicable excuses for human beings that you often forget what a fucking disaster the Democrats are.

But then some worthless piece of shit like Biden comes along to remind us. Just pathetic the lengths they'll go to to stand for nothing.
    This is not a policy election and never was going to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Bit of a bad day for Bernie.
    It's been nothing but bad days for Bernie since South Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by Starporal View Post
    Sanders communicates effectively with the voters. He does not have billions of dollars worth of media support, that is the problem.

If he wasn't an effective communicator he would never have challenged for the leadership in the first place.

In reality the media tell people what to think and mostly they do it.
    You know you are wrong when you resort to Trump's tactic of blaming the media.
    Sure it works for trump, but copying trump tactics is not really good idea.
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Word is that Bernie is going to suspend his campaign. Whether or not he officially drops out tonight is another story. He's debating if it makes more sense for his movement to stay in the race or pass the torch to someone else.
    There is literally no point. He can do that behind the scenes, or in 2021. Under President Biden he could be the thorn in his side. Under Trump's second term, he could be the planter for the next generation of Democratic leaders.

The rest of 2020 is going to be dominated with COVID-19, the recovering from the economic shitstorm we're nose-diving into, and then making Trump pay for it in the election because of his failures (and not policy). There is not enough oxygen for Bernie to be a player at all this year anymore.

If the Wuhan Virus wasn't a thing, there would at least be SOME logic to it. It would be an asshole move on his part, but logical. In the world with the virus though, I think it would look incredibly selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "It's an open marketplace for ideas, where the best ones win out!"

*Most popular and most liked videos are memes and conspiracy theories*

Seriously, there are a handful of smart folks on YouTube worth watching every now and then, but the overwhelming majority of the channels I've come across, especially the "big" ones are top-tier garbage.
    Loud, shiny and flashy sells.

Meanwhile, channels like Kurzgesagt keep my faith in Youtube alive... to a flicker.

Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    I agree. I think also we have to recognize Bernie has precisely one mode of communicating with people and he does have a connection with people who that mode is compatible with. But the most successful politicans are chameleons and have many modes.

It's like with Hillary Clinton. Brilliant. Scholarly. Nerdy. And completely unable to forge a connection with people who aren't down with that. By contrast Bill Clinton could do the brilliant/scholarly bit, but also the "I'm your friend and feel your pain" bit. Obama was sometimes "Mr. Spock" and sometimes "just a dad".

I can't see the posts of the person you responded to, but it's a silly argument for them to make since it's evident Bernie did NOT, in fact, communicate well enough with voters. If you want to argue that he did then you have to accept that voters flat out rejected his message. And we don't really know how much money he has for media support or where it came from because the Our Revolution pac he created is a dark money group that doesn't file any documents.
    Last edited by Levelfive; 2020-03-18 at 11:26 AM.

Ok so you are telling me the media have been "objective" in regards to Sanders and Trumps stances and appearnces.

i mean the incessant lying by Biden during his campaign about getting arrested while trying to meet Mandela or about his role in civilrights movements and not ONCE did they call out him on it!

Comeon man dont come here with your "dont do Trump tactics" when you yourself is doing it yourself.